If it makes anybody feel any better

AUght2win

On 9/25/2022 at 1:20 PM, woodford said:

100% 

Why people aren't listing him is beyond me. He has done wonders at Cincy and is part of the Tressel and Urban coaching tree. He's my dream candidate (outside Urban).

Patiently waiting for ND, or tOSU. 

5 hours ago, PoetTiger said:

Patiently waiting for ND, or tOSU. 

Notre Dame was just available and he didn't put his hat in the ring as far as I know. With his background and having Cincy in the Playoffs at the exact same time that Notre Dame is looking for a coach, seems he would've atleast tried to get the job. Marcus Freeman has no head coaching background, was a DC at Notre Dame for 1 year I believe and was a DC at Cincy under Fickell. Surely they would've hired the hot HC that was the teacher to Freeman instead of the student. 

18 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

Notre Dame was just available and he didn't put his hat in the ring as far as I know. With his background and having Cincy in the Playoffs at the exact same time that Notre Dame is looking for a coach, seems he would've atleast tried to get the job. Marcus Freeman has no head coaching background, was a DC at Notre Dame for 1 year I believe and was a DC at Cincy under Fickell. Surely they would've hired the hot HC that was the teacher to Freeman instead of the student. 

Never got a chance ..ND saw how the players were loyal to Freeman, his recruiting prowess, charisma, rolled the dice and went with continuity. I don’t even think it got to  a true interview phase because all reports indicated Freeman would be the guy when Kelly bolted. 

1 hour ago, PoetTiger said:

Never got a chance ..ND saw how the players were loyal to Freeman, his recruiting prowess, charisma, rolled the dice and went with continuity. I don’t even think it got to  a true interview phase because all reports indicated Freeman would be the guy when Kelly bolted. 

I think Notre Dame fans, as well as football fans nationwide, will see in a few years just how good Brian Kelly was at Notre Dame. Since Holtz left, Kelly is the best coach that school has had hands down. I've never liked Kelly's attitude but he won alot of games at Notre Dame and Cincinnati too. He really got Cincy rolling and every coach after him has won alot besides Tuberville. Butch Jones and Fickell did and are doing alot there. Kelly gets hate because he got thumped by Bama in the 2012 National title game and he lost in the first round the other CFP he was in. That's like people telling you that you're a loser and ugly just because your supermodel wife divorced you. 

Maybe Freeman will be what ND needs to get them a National Title. He is a good recruiter but so was Ty Willingham when he was there and we know how that turned out. The ND fanbase and national media are having to be talked off the ledge after Freeman lost his first 3 games. 

• Like 2

I see OU absolutely getting destroyed. Also for you LK fans, his play calling is ridiculous lol. His defense helped him out though. 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, DAG said:

I see OU absolutely getting destroyed. Also for you LK fans, his play calling is ridiculous lol. His defense helped him out though. 

I don’t get the Kiffin love at all. I really don’t.

• Like 2

Just now, AUght2win said:

I don’t get the Kiffin love at all. I really don’t.

Kentucky literally blew that game. How do you not take the field goal when UK has had trouble scoring TDs all game? That is the stuff I worry about with him.

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Kentucky literally blew that game. How do you not take the field goal when UK has had trouble scoring TDs all game? That is the stuff I worry about with him.

All the 4th downs against Bama last year too. Embarrassing. He’s trying to be this Moneyball genius when football isn’t an analytical game the same way baseball is.

He’s reading a chart to tell him when to go for it. Why not base that on the flow of the game and the strength of your O-line? Crazy. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, murpjf88 said:

How is A&M still ranked?

Recruiting class (potential).

1 hour ago, DAG said:

Looks like Arkansas fans are already questioning ole Sam Pittman. 

Might want to check back in on that one...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AUght2win said:

Venables fighting hard to be the biggest bust of all these names.

There's no need to talk about bust size and be sexist when talking football

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, cole256 said:

There's no need to talk about bust size and be sexist when talking football

Speaking of which, CBS showed a pic of Sam Pittman today and my man’s has a chest that would make Kate Upton jealous.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, tsande07 said:

Might want to check back in on that one...

Well I just turned it back on and it’s 42-23 and Young hasn’t played the whole second half

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DAG said:

Well I just turned it back on and it’s 42-23 and Young hasn’t played the whole second half

Arkansas had pulled within 28-23 at that time. Backup QB at UAT is impressing as a runner. Not sure why the fans would be turning on Pittman, given this is the #20 team taking on the #2 team.

Edited by tsande07
typo
  • Like 1

Just now, tsande07 said:

Arkansas has pulled within 28-23 at that time. Backup QB at UAT is impressing as a runner. Not sure why the fans would be turning on Pittman, given this is the #20 team taking on the #2 team.

Fans are fans. Last year they were within one TD of a healthy Bama. Feel like they should be competitive all four quarters

• Like 1