If it makes anybody feel any better

AUght2win

6 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

Doesn't make me feel no better

So you're saying you agree with the OP? :poke:

Any head coach without elite coordinators are toast. It’s everything. Otherwise geniuses become idiots with a new team - after 4 games. Many use to constantly whine that Gus should let go of the offense. It’s what they say about Jimbo now.   Lots of “CEO” discussions.

Lead and build a dream team staff. Establish  a plan a culture. Execute. Recruit like hell.

Rumor  is it’s hard.  At auburn, in 2022, maybe even harder. So imo swing big  and maybe go outside our traditional thinking.

Edited by auburnatl1

1 hour ago, jptiger said:

I’d take Malzahn back tomorrow rather  than the current setup. And I wasn’t a Malzahn guy. 

Just making a point that this dude is not the dude. He’s not in the zip code of the dude. 

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Every coach deserves time to execute their plan. 

Not if they don’t show progress in implementing that plan.

Let’s say I am hired to build someone a house. I can have a great plan all drawn up, but if I gather bad materials, hire bad workers, and the frame looks wrong as the construction begins - the person who hired me would be crazy to let me see it through to completion.

We’re last in the SEC in recruiting and have gone steadily downhill as a team since Harsin’s arrival. He isn’t the guy. Time to part ways.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jptiger said:

I’d take Malzahn back tomorrow rather  than the current setup. And I wasn’t a Malzahn guy. 

Let's not get carried away here

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, DAG said:

Yes but recruiting clearly is not the only barometer. A lot of people are solely hem hawing over recruiters. That is the wrong way to be. Coaching is not an exact science so hopefully Auburn is vetting appropriately right now. Mario Cristobal has always been like this and 90 percent of the board wanted him. Pointless to have great recruiting and do nothing with it. Now Texas and Miami will be unranked with all of this talent and upcoming talent. 

No this is not a point to keep CBH. He should be gone. I am very impressed with the likes of the Tennessee coach (Who all the Tennessee fans complained about last year) and Mark Stoops consistency. Also, Sam Pittman eventhough they loss a nail biter.

It's all about fit. UCF fans never liked Josh Heupel and they all loved Scott Frost. UCF fans saw Frost have that huge 2017 season and when Heupel only won 10 games, they hated that. You're right too, Tennessee fans were VERY underwhelmed when they got Heupel. Now they're talking like they're gonna win the SEC with him.

Most Arkansas fans asked "Who?" when Sam Pittman was hired. They wanted a bigger name that had HC experience. All Pittman had been was an O-Line coach. He is the perfect fit for Arkansas. Their fanbase always say "Pittman isn't an X's and O's coach. He let's his assistants handle all that. He is the old Dad that alot of these kids needed in their life and they found him." I agree!! I don't think Pittman would be that good at most schools. He and Arkansas just fit perfect and that's all that matters.

Mark Stoops is another coach that probably wouldn't fit right at most schools but he fits at Kentucky. When Stoops went 10-3 a couple years ago, Chizik was on SEC Network praising the BOT at Kentucky for keeping this guy through the bad times and allowing him the time to build that program. Chizik said most other schools wouldn't wait 6 or 7 years for a coach to win 10 games a season but Kentucky did. (I felt like Chizik was taking a shot at Auburn for firing him after his 1st losing season)

It's just all about the right fit at most these schools. If Jim Harbaugh coached in the SEC, he would've never gotten to the CFP Playoffs like he did last year because we would've fired him in year 4. He seems to have Michigan rolling now. 

Dabo wouldn't win at most schools like he does at Clemson. Hell, he took like 5 years to get to 10 wins I believe. 

The Saban's, Spurrier's, Lincoln Riley's, Urban Meyer's can win damn near any school. And that's about all that can. The rest is just hit and miss until you find the right fit.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

OU losing a close one to k state is hardly a big deal.. If it happened year after year, sure. Mtsu beating the brakes of Miami should not be happening.

It is absolutely a big deal. OU has top tier talent. They were prime to win the big 12 and make the playoffs. Now they may not even make it to the big 12 championship game now that Kansas state owns the tie breaker (this happened last year against Baylor). YEAH, HARDLY A BIG DEAL. Let me ask you something . Auburn is #6 in the nation and they lose to unranked Mississippi state at Jordan Hare. I am sure you would just wipe the dirt off your shoulders right ? No big deal.

Edited by DAG
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

It's all about fit. UCF fans never liked Josh Heupel and they all loved Scott Frost. UCF fans saw Frost have that huge 2017 season and when Heupel only won 10 games, they hated that. You're right too, Tennessee fans were VERY underwhelmed when they got Heupel. Now they're talking like they're gonna win the SEC with him.

Most Arkansas fans asked "Who?" when Sam Pittman was hired. They wanted a bigger name that had HC experience. All Pittman had been was an O-Line coach. He is the perfect fit for Arkansas. Their fanbase always say "Pittman isn't an X's and O's coach. He let's his assistants handle all that. He is the old Dad that alot of these kids needed in their life and they found him." I agree!! I don't think Pittman would be that good at most schools. He and Arkansas just fit perfect and that's all that matters.

Mark Stoops is another coach that probably wouldn't fit right at most schools but he fits at Kentucky. When Stoops went 10-3 a couple years ago, Chizik was on SEC Network praising the BOT at Kentucky for keeping this guy through the bad times and allowing him the time to build that program. Chizik said most other schools wouldn't wait 6 or 7 years for a coach to win 10 games a season but Kentucky did. (I felt like Chizik was taking a shot at Auburn for firing him after his 1st losing season)

It's just all about the right fit at most these schools. If Jim Harbaugh coached in the SEC, he would've never gotten to the CFP Playoffs like he did last year because we would've fired him in year 4. He seems to have Michigan rolling now. 

Dabo wouldn't win at most schools like he does at Clemson. Hell, he took like 5 years to get to 10 wins I believe. 

The Saban's, Spurrier's, Lincoln Riley's, Urban Meyer's can win damn near any school. And that's about all that can. The rest is just hit and miss until you find the right fit.

Exactly why I am on the grimes train to be honest.

Edited by DAG
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

43 minutes ago, DAG said:

It is absolutely a big deal. OU has top tier talent. They were prime to win the big 12 and make the playoffs. Now they may not even make it to the big 12 championship game now that Kansas state owns the tie breaker (this happened last year against Baylor). YEAH, HARDLY A BIG DEAL. Let me ask you something . Auburn is #6 in the nation and they lose to unranked Mississippi state at Jordan Hare. I am sure you would just wipe the dirt off your shoulders right ? No big deal.

As it pertains to the conference positioning of course any loss to anybody is a big deal, I am talking in the sense that -- it shouldn't be that surprising. K State is historically much stronger than a Mississippi State and most teams know that any given year they could easily lose to k state. 

5 minutes ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

As it pertains to the conference positioning of course any loss to anybody is a big deal, I am talking in the sense that -- it shouldn't be that surprising. K State is historically much stronger than a Mississippi State and most teams know that any given year they could easily lose to k state. 

Well it was very surprising to a lot of people including Oklahoma fans despite them losing to them 3 out of 4 years. The whole point of bringing Brent in was to be more physical which is why teams like K.State usually beat them. All last week , sports commentators were saying how this is such a different style of OU brand football because they were more balanced and physical. They play a team who punches back and all of a sudden lose by two touchdowns. Yeah I would say to the media and their fans it is a big deal. 

8 hours ago, milehighfan said:

I would imagine a search committee will be sent out. My only hope it's not like the one that brought back Malzahn. Man, what a let down that was.

Yeah what a letdown it was to go the national championship game the season after going 3-9 🙄

• Like 2

9 hours ago, sevenlee36 said:

I think we are ready for a change of what we are seeing on the field and we relate that to the only way that can happen is to change the coach. That’s not always the answer, it’s just the quickest way to find new hope which is what we want. Afraid it may not matter who you replace the coach with we will be dealing with this for a good while. I didn’t like the Harsin hire but for that matter I didn’t like the Chizik or Gus hire either. Afraid whoever we replace him with will be just as disappointing because that’s the trend.

Agreed. Those last three hires tell you all you need to know about the state of Auburn football and it's administration.

Heck, we have only had one good coach, that knew what he was doing, since Coach Dye, and that was Tubs (and Tubs had his issues).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There are always stumbles in the first couple of years.   A lot of those guys will find success.   Some won’t.   Our issues aren’t stumbles.   What we have is a total disaster.   

Edited by AUinMS9528
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DAG said:

Exactly why I am on the grimes train to be honest.

I thought  u was a Freeze guy? Or have I got y mixed up w someone else?

Edited by NWALA Tiger

21 minutes ago, zeroforwinger said:

Yeah what a letdown it was to go the national championship game the season after going 3-9 🙄

Arguably only one good season out of 8 didn't really do anything for us long term so...🤷 

27 minutes ago, zeroforwinger said:

The let down was the following 7 years 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, DAG said:

The week after K State lost to Tulane, too.