If it makes anybody feel any better

AUght2win

I just don't know what in the hell to think right now. I do know that I just cant jump on the knee jerk fire him squad. That's just not me. Auburn means more to me than winning the watercooler talk on Monday morning. I am not the one who can sit back a hope for the demise of another man that has never done a thing to me. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, milehighfan said:

I would imagine a search committee will be sent out. My only hope it's not like the one that brought back Malzahn. Man, what a let down that was.

You were let down when Malzahn's first team won the SEC championship and nearly won the national championship? You have some might high expectations.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

The week after K State lost to Tulane, too.

Yes I just recognized that. Apparently the QB is also a transfer from Nebraska, so this was a redeeming win for him. 

38 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I thought  u was a Freeze guy? Or have I got y mixed up w someone else?

I am a freeze guy but I know auburn brass does not have the balls to hire him. To me he is the #1 candidate but I got to be realistic . 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jptiger said:

I’d take Malzahn back tomorrow rather  than the current setup. And I wasn’t a Malzahn guy. 

No. 

10 hours ago, Eagle-1 said:

Yep, if we were to hire Neon Deion I may join the peace corps for a few years. That's how interested I would be. 

Why?

26 minutes ago, Hay Field 101 said:

I just don't know what in the hell to think right now. I do know that I just cant jump on the knee jerk fire him squad. That's just not me. Auburn means more to me than winning the watercooler talk on Monday morning. I am not the one who can sit back a hope for the demise of another man that has never done a thing to me. 

Hard to consider it “demise” when you fire a man and hand him millions.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Hay Field 101 said:

If someone wants to  "demise" me and pay me 15 million... Have at it brother....

56 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

People are starting to warm up to the idea of Grimes, @bigbird. Our subliminal messaging campaign has worked perfectly!

image.gif.8971d15c676740c74f3bd0c4c73d2925.gif

Curious as to what the appeal is with Grimes. I know he was an assistant here b4. But he hasn't ever been a head coach.. And I know some assistants have made it as head coaches but some have bombed out too. He is from TX I believe??? How do we know how he would do here?

3 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

If someone wants to  "demise" me and pay me 15 million... Have at it brother....

There is a reason Tommy Bowden affectionately refers to his place on 30A as his “Clemson House”.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Hard to consider it “demise” when you fire a man and hand him millions.

Its not hard for me. 

16 minutes ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

That's a great question. how can anybody be uninterested with the thought of a Deion Sanders coaching regime at Auburn.. it would literally be supremely interesting for the entire nation. 

There is an ancient Chinese curse: "May you live in interesting times". If you want to take a flyer on someone, give me Dell McGee. He's proven as a recruiter in the SEC and has earned his spurs in big-boy coaching. Put Dell's resume next to Sanders's and Dell wins the job, hands down.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

19 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

So you sell your soul , integrity, and reputation for a cash payout? Have at it brother.  

1 hour ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

People are starting to warm up to the idea of Grimes, @bigbird. Our subliminal messaging campaign has worked perfectly!

image.gif.8971d15c676740c74f3bd0c4c73d2925.gif

Can the next campaign be begging Dave to stay at Baylor?

Edited by AUwent

3 minutes ago, Mikey said:

There is an ancient Chinese curse: "May you live in interesting times". If you want to take a flyer on someone, give me Dell McGee. He's proven as a recruiter in the SEC and has earned his spurs in big-boy coaching. Put Dell's resume next to Sanders's and Dell wins the job, hands down.

I like Dell as a person but I'd take Deion all day over him. I feel as though Dell McGee would be a Lovie Smith 2.0. the thing that would be good w Dell is his recruiting accumen for sure.

11 hours ago, Taco said:

The biggest difference between those names except for Tony Elliot at UVA, and Harsin, is that all are recruiting exceptionally. 

BINGO

if Harsin had us in the top 10 in recruiting both classes, I would be for him staying.

Saban lost to Louisiana Monroe his first season, but he was buying…errrrrrrr…recruiting talent left & right.

Said it a dozen times…Harsin has no clout. Can’t get adequate assistants at every position. The ones we have are alum. No high school connections in the SE. No pull in the portal either. That equals no hope.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

As it pertains to the conference positioning of course any loss to anybody is a big deal, I am talking in the sense that -- it shouldn't be that surprising. K State is historically much stronger than a Mississippi State and most teams know that any given year they could easily lose to k state. 

????

When was the last time KSU was ranked #1? Or even top 15? MSU is >.500 all time in the SEC, KSU is well under .500 all time in much weaker conferences. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TigerHorn said:

????

When was the last time KSU was ranked #1? Or even top 15? MSU is >.500 all time in the SEC, KSU is well under .500 all time in much weaker conferences. 

Idk about rankings and don't particularly pay a lot of attention to that aspect but fwiw k-state literally went to Starkville in 2019 and beat the bulldogs. For me, I've always perceived k-state as a formidable foe and only recently has Mississippi State begun to be on the upswing w mullen and later Leach.

13 hours ago, AUght2win said:

Cristobal looks bad, Sark looks bad, Jimbo has been a disappointment, Freeman is the first ND coach to lose his first 3 games, Napier is the first UF coach to lose to UK and UT since 1955, Mel Tucker might be a dud, Tony Elliot is struggling, Venables is losing to K State…

Lot of these guys will figure it out. Some won’t. Maybe MOST won’t. 

Point is a lot of other teams are dealing with coaching duds, too. It wasn’t a terrible idea to try Harsin because there’s really no such thing as a sure-fire coaching candidate.

All that said, I’m ready for a new coach. Hopefully, we get it right this time.

Add Lame and Burner, none of these guys.. all dime a dozen. If down the road, changes come the plains, by damns make it worth it. 

"Godwins Law (modified):Godwin's law is an Internet adage asserting that as an online discussion of SEC coaching failure grows longer, the probability of a mention of Saban losing to LA-Monroe approaches 1."

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Hay Field 101 said:

I’m not hoping for his demise but the product he is putting out shows that it’s time to move on.

It’s the same thing as if I hired an associate attorney with 6 years of experience and after a year at the firm he has lost 3-4 cases at trial and then yesterday he had a slam dunk case dismissed with prejudice for failing to state a recoverable claim and not amending his petition. I don’t care how great of a person you are.

If you are screwing up in a big way repeatedly and then you screw up a sure thing because of your incompetence, you get fired.