If it makes anybody feel any better

AUght2win

1 hour ago, Didba said:

Why?

Well, what exactly qualifies Deion Sanders to run a big time football program? 

I admit the novelty of it all, but that's about as far as it goes.

Auburn needs a qualified experienced coach that has a history of either leading a successful program, or a coordinator that has understudied for several years at a big time program. 

I have nothing personally against Deion, but his coaching experience is highly limited. He could turn out to be a great coach in the future, who knows? Some people seem to believe that he would currently be a force on the recruiting trail, but I can also see where his limited experience could also be relatively easy for guys like Saban, Kirby, and Dabo to negatively recruit against. 

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, Hay Field 101 said:

So you sell your soul , integrity, and reputation for a cash payout? Have at it brother.  

Harsin ain't selling nothing. He just isnt getting the job done. Has nothing to do with his soul, integrity or anything like that. Now, If he is tanking and not trying in recruiting or getting the team ready then yes he is selling  himself out. Nothing personal but he chose a results demanded career.. Tell me another profession where u can fail miserably and walk away a multi millionaire? 

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, EagleEye67 said:

"Godwins Law (modified):Godwin's law is an Internet adage asserting that as an online discussion of SEC coaching failure grows longer, the probability of a mention of Saban losing to LA-Monroe approaches 1."

I didn’t bring LA Monroe up to say that even Saban has dropped one to a non-P5. I could have simply stated Saban lost 6 games his first season. The point was despite a pitiful first season in which he was coaching Shula’s recruits, he was recruiting like a madman to replace those scrubs.

Edited by Viper
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Harsin ain't selling nothing. Tell me another profession where u can fail miserably and walk away a multi millionaire?

I am not here to argue with you about whos right and wrong. That was in my second sentence of my original post. I don't need to be or want to be the champion of the watercooler or message board. My simple opinion is that no matter the price no man worth his salt  should be "ok"  with  a failure shank hung around his neck. If being rich and a know looser and failure is ok with you than so be it. That "ok I failed and took their money" should eat at every mans gut if he is a true leader and winner. Its all yours sir have a wonderful Sunday.

• Facepalm 1

Personally, if I'm the athletic director at Auburn it were to fall to me to hire a new football coach I would have one guy at the top of my list, and that would be Luke Fickell. His resume is arguably the best in the country who is not currently coaching at what one would call a blue blood program. True, he's never coached in the SEC, but neither had Nick Saban, or Urban Meyer before they took over SEC programs. I would go all in to try to hire this guy, but that's just me. 

• Love 1

12 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

That would be the all-time JABA coaching hire in history.

Hard disagree. It would be the exact opposite. Hiring Gus back or Freeze would be the all-time JABA coaching hire. 

9 minutes ago, Viper said:

No that happened 12/22/20.

2012 says hello 

9 minutes ago, Hay Field 101 said:

I am not here to argue with you about whos right and wrong. That was in my second sentence of my original post. I don't need to be or want to be the champion of the watercooler or message board. My simple opinion is that no matter the price no man worth his salt  should be "ok"  with  a failure shank hung around his neck. If being rich and a know looser and failure is ok with you than so be it. That "ok I failed and took their money" should eat at every mans gut if he is a true leader and winner. Its all yours sir have a wonderful Sunday.

🙄

26 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

Well, what exactly qualifies Deion Sanders to run a big time football program? 

I admit the novelty of it all, but that's about as far as it goes.

Auburn needs a qualified experienced coach that has a history of either leading a successful program, or a coordinator that has understudied for several years at a big time program. 

I have nothing personally against Deion, but his coaching experience is highly limited. He could turn out to be a great coach in the future, who knows? Some people seem to believe that he would currently be a force on the recruiting trail, but I can also see where his limited experience could also be relatively easy for guys like Saban, Kirby, and Dabo to negatively recruit against. 

He only flipped the #1 recruit from his alma mater…to Jackson freaking State.

Prime has the clout to not only recruit, but the clout to hire quality assistants. No, it wouldn’t begin immediately. It didn’t for Saban/Kirby/Dabo immediately either.

If you’re a HC who can recruit, the assistants will come. 

• Love 3

Just now, Viper said:

Prime has the clout to not only recruit, but the clout to hire quality assistants. No, it wouldn’t begin immediately. It didn’t for Saban/Kirby/Dabo immediately either.

He also has pull with NFL coaches. His DC is an NFL coach Deon pulled out of retirement 

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

That would be the all-time JABA coaching hire in history.

That is the biggest opposite of anything JABA man come on. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Didba said:

He also has pull with NFL coaches. His DC is an NFL coach Deon pulled out of retirement 

I said this the other day and got told so what he was fired...blah blah 😒😂

Edited by autiger88

12 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

I said the other day and got told so what he was fired blah blah 😂

Lot of “cop out responses/my opinions are right and I’m not here to argue, k, bye” energy by some posters on the board right now. 

I’m referring to the drive by posts in the post-game thread 

Edited by Didba
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Curious as to what the appeal is with Grimes. I know he was an assistant here b4. But he hasn't ever been a head coach.. And I know some assistants have made it as head coaches but some have bombed out too. He is from TX I believe??? How do we know how he would do here?

We don’t know how anyone would do here. But Grimes is a good OC, respected, knows the area, knows Auburn, seems like a good culture fit, no baggage, and he’s a very accomplished Oline coach and recruiter (Auburns biggest need). I think he would be loved in Auburn, and he just seems like a perfect fit.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

That is the biggest opposite of anything JABA man come on. 

Hahaha right? JABA is hiring an old white SEC retread with Auburn connections. Hiring a younger, black, former NFL superstar is not JABA. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

I don’t care how much money you throw at a coach. Any good coach wants to run his own program without one hand tied behind his back or looking over his shoulder. Auburn’s past shows that won’t happen!  These actions have a negative effect on hiring a coach and recruiting. Coaches call other coaches before making a decision to apply for coaching vacancies. Until Auburn proves it will give a coach full control of the program and support them it will be the SOS!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Didba said:

Lot of “cop out responses/my opinions are right and I’m not here to argue, k, bye” energy by som posters on the board right now. 🐈

you have it in for me today don't you ? What's you beef with me and why did you single me out? 

9 minutes ago, Didba said:

Lot of “cop out responses/my opinions are right and I’m not here to argue, k, bye” energy by som posters on the board right now. 🐈

It was a certain poster who apparently thinks Deion would be the worst coach we could hire. Ask me to prove who he knows in the coaching circles like I know who he knows personally. If you think about it though like it's Deion Sanders if he doesn't know coaches well that's a different argument completely lol  🤣

Edited by autiger88
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hay Field 101 said:

you have it in for me today don't you ? What's you beef with me and why did you single me out? 

No beef. That wasn’t directed at you. I’m referring to some crazy posters in the post-game thread that are still supporting Harsin. Apologies.  

Edited by Didba
  • Like 3

36 minutes ago, Viper said:

I didn’t bring LA Monroe up to say that even Saban has dropped one to a non-P5. I could have simply stated Saban lost 6 games his first season. The point was despite a pitiful first season in which he was coaching Shula’s recruits, he was recruiting like a madman to replace those scrubs.

This. Even the great Nick Saban couldn’t coach up mid-tier talent to win the SEC. 75% of college is recruiting the talent. 

12 minutes ago, Viper said:

Which is why I originally thought the same about Deion as some posters here. But he definitely has the swagger and mentality to indeed go in and scare the Jimbos, Kirby’s, and Saban’s of the world. 

11 minutes ago, Didba said:

This. People seem to turn a blind eye to the “pull” and connections Deion has. I do HOPE he will assemble a good coaching staff at Auburn as he did at JSU for a SWAC school.

Final point: Winners like to win, so they find a way to win. 

• Love 2

11 minutes ago, Viper said:

Did Prime do that? Or did Barstool Sports' NIL deal do that?

And let's assume for the sake of argument that it was Barstool Sports' doing. Did they do it because they support Coach Prime and want him to succeed? Or was it for the memes? You have to ask because if it's for the memes, you cannot expect that same level of support to follow him to Auburn if he were to come.

Now I agree, I think Deion is an exceptional recruiter... But I don't know that he is. None of us do.

46 minutes ago, Hay Field 101 said:

K. U as well

10 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

Did Prime do that? Or did Barstool Sports' NIL deal do that?

And let's assume for the sake of argument that it was Barstool Sports' doing. Did they do it because they support Coach Prime and want him to succeed? Or was it for the memes? You have to ask because if it's for the memes, you cannot expect that same level of support to follow him to Auburn if he were to come.

Now I agree, I think Deion is an exceptional recruiter... But I don't know that he is. None of us do.

https://www.clarionledger.com/story/sports/college/jackson-state/2021/12/15/travis-hunter-does-not-have-nil-deal-barstool-sports-source-says/8914889002/ 

According to this and some other articles it was all Deion the Barstool thing was just a rumor.