This is different now to me

cole256

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

This may be the most talent depleted team I've seen at Auburn. This changes how I'm looking at what we need as far as coaching. 

So I know I won't get credit, acknowledged, or whatever because the admin don't too much care for me, but a very long time ago I said we needed Sanders, of course I was stupid and all of that....now over the past week some high profile media has said it and the "insiders" here have mentioned it and now it's ok to say. 

But I was sort of going back and forth with it in my mind, but seeing how depleted we are he's obviously the best choice. I think he's shown a lot as far as being able to coach but even if he couldn't we're at a point where we need a talent upgrade or we are going to be just like one of the Mississippi school's. Like this is serious right now, we are at a crossroad where we could fall off the map. 

It would be worth it to bring somebody in that could stock us back up with talent. There's nobody else that could come in and recruit in between bammer and Georgia

I agree 100%.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, cole256 said:

So I know I won't get credit, acknowledged, or whatever because the admin don't too much care for me, but a very long time ago I said we needed Sanders, of course I was stupid and all of that....now over the past week some high profile media has said it and the "insiders" here have mentioned it and now it's ok to say. 

Tyfys cole

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, cole256 said:

This may be the most talent depleted team I've seen at Auburn. This changes how I'm looking at what we need as far as coaching. 

But I was sort of going back and forth with it in my mind, but seeing how depleted we are he's obviously the best choice. I think he's shown a lot as far as being able to coach but even if he couldn't we're at a point where we need a talent upgrade or we are going to be just like one of the Mississippi school's. Like this is serious right now, we are at a crossroad where we could fall off the map. 

It would be worth it to bring somebody in that could stock us back up with talent. There's nobody else that could come in and recruit in between bammer and Georgia

It wouldn’t be any crazier than hiring a guy with a 5-19 HC record or a guy 7 years removed from high school coaching. 

Edited by Gowebb11
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

We need someone who can be a game changer. Deion could bring that. Immediate attention to the program, I believe he’d be a hell of a recruiter. I don’t know how he will actually do as an SEC head coach. Could end up being a great decision or an absolutely terrible decision. Don’t have much to lose at this point.

• Like 3

Hiring Sanders now might be a good talent draw but can he coach and produce in the SEC on the field? Is Auburn ready to be a lab for this? That’s just as important as recruiting. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, sevenlee36 said:

We need someone who can be a game changer. Deion could bring that. Immediate attention to the program, I believe he’d be a hell of a recruiter. I don’t know how he will actually do as an SEC head coach. Could end up being a great decision or an absolutely terrible decision. Don’t have much to lose at this point.

We have a lot to lose. We cannot afford to regress any further, therefore, the next coach needs to be picked appropriately.  You can easily dig your program into a black hole with continuous failed coaches.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

I did read where his dream job is FSU which makes sense, but what happens if we hire him and then that job opens? He likely bolts. 

Just now, Old fan 47 said:

I did read where his dream job is FSU which makes sense, but what happens if we hire him and then that job opens? He likely bolts. 

That is the old Kirby Smart argument. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Recruiting is a big part of it. But the ability to assemble a staff is also important.  If memory serves, Sanders convinced Mike Zimmer , ex coach of Vikings to join his staff in some capacity.  I said 2 months ago that Sanders intrigues me. I don't think AU should hire Sanders to make some statement or prove a point. He needs to be vetted fairly like all the other candidates.  Find out his vision for the program, what he looks for in coordinators etc... He will definitely fix our most pressing need which is talent acquisition..

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Old fan 47 said:

What happens if we had hired Kirby and that job opened up. I guess we’ll never know.

2 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Recruiting is a big part of it. But the ability to assemble a staff is also important.  If memory serves, Sanders convinced Mike Zimmer , ex coach of Vikings to join his staff in some capacity.  I said 2 months ago that Sanders intrigues me. I don't think AU should hire Sanders to make some statement or prove a point. He needs to be vetted fairly like all the other candidates.  Find out his vision for the program, what he looks for in coordinators etc... He will definitely fix our most pressing need which is talent acquisition..

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/08/16/mike-zimmer-takes-a-job-with-deion-sanders-at-jackson-state/

2 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

I have no problem with the opinion. Just don’t understand the constant need for the prefatory whine about “credit.” That said, it would make those Aflac commercials must-see TV.

I've explained it quite a few times, I don't see people say this to the all the other people that do it. I definitely don't see you or anybody else question it when a post is made and someone is saying we were talking about this or we said this is the paid forum a week ago....but ok cool

• Dislike 1

I don’t see any negatives to hiring Sanders. Coach Primetime has a nice ring to it and he/Auburn would without a doubt be an instant major player come signing day. Get him before he’s gone. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, Old fan 47 said:

I think he heads right back to his alma mater in my opinion. 

Ok but so what? You'd rather have somebody who sucks because they aren't wanted?

• Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I don't know what you are talking about as far as proving a point or making a statement

• Facepalm 2

12 minutes ago, Old fan 47 said:

Nope don't do that. Who cares if he his here and leaves in a short time but gets us stable with recruiting. I don't care if he leaves in 3 years as long as he does that I'll be happy.

Edited by autiger88
  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

Ok but so what? You'd rather have somebody who sucks because they aren't wanted?

Not at all, but didn’t Kirby want more control a la Saban and he wasn’t going to get that at AU. Nobody has since Dye. 

Just now, autiger88 said:

Nope don't do that. Who cares if he his here and he gets us stable with recruiting I don't care if he leaves in 3 years as long as he does that I'll be happy.

And he would instantly bring attention to Auburn. It would be must watch TV. Plus he is such a great interview.  Auburn has been boring for a long time now...we need some swagger.

• Like 5
  • Love 1