This is different now to me

cole256

10 hours ago, cole256 said:

So I know I won't get credit, acknowledged, or whatever because the admin don't too much care for me,

Don't you ever get tired of playing the victim card?

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

Don't you ever get tired of playing the victim card?

What about you? Do you get tired of playing the old argue everything that has anything to do with equality one?

Edited by cole256
  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

8 hours ago, cole256 said:

What about you? Do you get tired of playing the old argue everything that has anything to do with equality one?

Please post just ONE quote of mine that argues against equality. You can't do it.

13 hours ago, tsande07 said:

Could still go after Luke Fickell at Cincy.

Now that would be hypocritical at best. The same arguments made against CBH should be made against Fickell. The one difference is Fickell did get Cincy to the playoffs. 

However he is a Midwest guy. He has no SEC ties. Mostly Non- power 5 coaching experience I believe. That does not seem like a benefit . 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, BizTiger said:

Our coaches have had full control with no meddling? Since Dye?! 

the yellawood fella on the sidelines raising hell with tubs tells us a different story right?

I am all in for hiring Deion.  However I just don't see AU doing it, we don't do cool stuff like that.  We're like the KMart of brick and mortar shopping stores.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

If we are looking for a quick fix and need to get talent ASAP, then D Sanders is the answer. I do not know how good he will be at coaching because he has not been doing it very long, and especially not at this level, but I know he can bring in talent. And that is something we do not have. 
I also think that it would be good for Auburn. And there is an insider on another board that seems to think Sanders actually has a chance. 

However if we are looking for a coach that has done it before in the SEC, and we want to take the rebuilding process slowly and methodically, then I think we should hire stoops. Freeze and Kiffin are good options but fall somewhere in between. 

20 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

If we are looking for a quick fix and need to get talent ASAP, then D Sanders is the answer. I do not know how good he will be at coaching because he has not been doing it very long, and especially not at this level, but I know he can bring in talent. And that is something we do not have. 
I also think that it would be good for Auburn. And there is an insider on another board that seems to think Sanders actually has a chance. 

However if we are looking for a coach that has done it before in the SEC, and we want to take the rebuilding process slowly and methodically, then I think we should hire stoops. Freeze and Kiffin are good options but fall somewhere in between. 

Here’s my (recruiting) question on Sanders. He’s had a few high profile signees— but will he succeed against coaches recruiting to SEC schools who counter with their record of sending players to the NFL?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, cole256 said:

This may be the most talent depleted team I've seen at Auburn. This changes how I'm looking at what we need as far as coaching. 

So I know I won't get credit, acknowledged, or whatever because the admin don't too much care for me, but a very long time ago I said we needed Sanders, of course I was stupid and all of that....now over the past week some high profile media has said it and the "insiders" here have mentioned it and now it's ok to say. 

But I was sort of going back and forth with it in my mind, but seeing how depleted we are he's obviously the best choice. I think he's shown a lot as far as being able to coach but even if he couldn't we're at a point where we need a talent upgrade or we are going to be just like one of the Mississippi school's. Like this is serious right now, we are at a crossroad where we could fall off the map. 

It would be worth it to bring somebody in that could stock us back up with talent. There's nobody else that could come in and recruit in between bammer and Georgia

Bringing in Dieon Sanders gives more than instant credibility to Auburn football:  this guy is on every commercial with Saban for AFLAC.  That is amazing recruiting cred. Amazing. You KNOW that Saban uses this like nuts.

The sixth African American head football coach at an SEC school is pretty big news, but the first at Auburn, a CHARTER MEMBER, will make major waves. Honestly, you will have young men from across the country wanting to come here from DAY ONE. In droves.

Seems like he can coach as well as recruit, but can he do it at the big time?  Something tells me that he can.  He certainly has played it, unlike our past two coaches. And even if he leaves for FSU in the future, he will leave the cupboard stacked and in better shape than the last five coaches did. That will make the hiring of a successor a bit easier.

NIL will not be an issue as he seems to know how to use it and is not ashamed to do so, like a current coach we have in our employ. 

But it also does major repair job on a negative perception Auburn Football has nationwide. Major.

You may be on to something here, Cole

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, DAG said:

Now that would be hypocritical at best. The same arguments made against CBH should be made against Fickell. The one difference is Fickell did get Cincy to the playoffs. 

However he is a Midwest guy. He has no SEC ties. Mostly Non- power 5 coaching experience I believe. That does not seem like a benefit . 

Not that he would come here so it’s purely hypothetical but Fickell actually WOULD be like Urban Meyer when Florida hired him. Unlike Harsin did, he has national clout.

Edited by AUwent

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

Please post just ONE quote of mine that argues against equality. You can't do it.

You can't quote anything of me playing a victim

• Haha 1

On 9/25/2022 at 12:26 PM, cole256 said:

So I know I won't get credit, acknowledged, or whatever because the admin don't too much care for me, but a very long time ago I said we needed Sanders, of course I was stupid and all of that....now over the past week some high profile media has said it and the "insiders" here have mentioned it and now it's ok to say. 

In what way has the administration here at AUF denied you the credit you so richly deserve for liking Deion for the Auburn HC job?  Who called you stupid for saying it?  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

29 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

In what way has the administration here at AUF denied you the credit you so richly deserve for liking Deion for the Auburn HC job?  Who called you stupid for saying it?  

When Iron Man 2 came out, I had the NERVE to say that Black Widow was hot—it was a bold, brave, and unpopular opinion at the time!

Edited by AUwent

17 hours ago, tsande07 said:

Could still go after Luke Fickell at Cincy.

No way a coach with no ties to the Southeast even gets a sniff this time.

3 hours ago, DAG said:

The post I was replying to was about worst case scenarios in how the coaching carousel could play out.

I'm not pushing Fickell, and I agree that he would come with the same risks as Harsin.

My only point was that there would still be hope in the scenario listed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

You can't quote anything of me playing a victim

Wanna bet?  

On 9/25/2022 at 12:26 PM, cole256 said:

So I know I won't get credit, acknowledged, or whatever because the admin don't too much care for me, but a very long time ago I said we needed Sanders, of course I was stupid and all of that

If you aren't getting credit or acknowledgement, then you are a VICTIM of underappreciation. If the admins don't care for you too much, then that means you are a VICTIM of their negative feelings about you. If you were called stupid for saying we needed Sanders, then you are a VICTIM of ridicule and scorn. And you make it a point to draw attention to your victimhood rather frequently, just like in the second quoted text box.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

Wanna bet?  

If you aren't getting credit or acknowledgement, then you are a VICTIM of underappreciation. If the admins don't care for you too much, then that means you are a VICTIM of their negative feelings about you. If you were called stupid for saying we needed Sanders, then you are a VICTIM of ridicule and scorn. And you make it a point to draw attention to your victimhood rather frequently, just like in the second quoted text box.

Thanks. You saved me a lot of typing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/25/2022 at 1:23 PM, Jabo said:

Do any of you know if Deion and Bo have any sort of friendship? Or even Carnell and Deion? Just thinking Bo has some pull and if they’re friends, it could help our odds with landing him. 
Having said that, if or when Harsin is let go from AU, the next coach will be someone that hasn’t even been mentioned by the press or on any forums concerning Auburn. 

Bo and Deion had a public feud in the early years, mostly because journalists wanted to compare them and because their personalities are so different. But they've been friendly for years since. 

4 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Here’s my (recruiting) question on Sanders. He’s had a few high profile signees— but will he succeed against coaches recruiting to SEC schools who counter with their record of sending players to the NFL?

This is a very fair question, but I worry about this counter more for someone who isn't Sanders. He can easily say, "I've played in the NFL and was the best at my position when I played. I know what it takes to get there."

I think the fact that UGA and Bama are NFL factories are going to make it really hard for anyone to come in here and win those battles early.

If it's not Sanders, whoever we hire is going to have to prove it on the field first before that NFL recruiting counter can be made.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 1716AU said:

Bringing in Dieon Sanders gives more than instant credibility to Auburn football:  this guy is on every commercial with Saban for AFLAC.  That is amazing recruiting cred. Amazing. You KNOW that Saban uses this like nuts.

The sixth African American head football coach at an SEC school is pretty big news, but the first at Auburn, a CHARTER MEMBER, will make major waves. Honestly, you will have young men from across the country wanting to come here from DAY ONE. In droves.

Seems like he can coach as well as recruit, but can he do it at the big time?  Something tells me that he can.  He certainly has played it, unlike our past two coaches. And even if he leaves for FSU in the future, he will leave the cupboard stacked and in better shape than the last five coaches did. That will make the hiring of a successor a bit easier.

NIL will not be an issue as he seems to know how to use it and is not ashamed to do so, like a current coach we have in our employ. 

But it also does major repair job on a negative perception Auburn Football has nationwide. Major.

You may be on to something here, Cole

I don't really care if the next coach at AU has a minority tag or not. That is a poor excuse to hire someone.

Can he recruit the south?

Can he assemble a staff that can recruit the south?

Can he use that talent in a manner that will be competitive in the SEC?

Sanders fits much of that bill. The only question that might be up for debate is the last one. However, with superb talent, a coach can afford to grow.

We still have a coach, for now. And if our current coach is about to be fired, I sure as hell hope we are talking to several replacements already. Sanders definitely needs to be on that list.

Sadly we have put ourselves in a situation where we will have to get extremely lucky with the next hire to pull this one out of the ditch. Can Sanders do that? At this point he probably has as good a chance as anyone.

33 minutes ago, cbo said:

Bo and Deion had a public feud in the early years, mostly because journalists wanted to compare them and because their personalities are so different. But they've been friendly for years since. 

Yes they have

• Like 1