This is different now to me

cole256

15 hours ago, AUDevil said:

Totally unrelated...found this.

Communication Dysfunctions

1. Sensitive Sally: She hides behind, “I am so fragile, you hurt my feeling.” Her motto is, don’t tell me the truth I can’t handle it.

2. Mad Max: He uses rage to keep you from telling him the truth. He intimidates you with his anger.

3. Suicidal Sam: I will kill myself and you will blame yourself the rest of your life if you don’t let me control everything about our lives.

4. Larry the Liar: You never make a point with Larry because he will say anything to win the argument whether or not it’s true.

5. It’s All My Fault, Walt: Walt interrupts every conflict with, “It's all my fault” to shut down the conversation so he won’t have to face the truth.

6. I Stay Mad Chad: I let everyone know if you confront me, it will affect our relationship for the next 100 years. No one wants to tell Chad he is doing something wrong because it’s just too expensive to tell him the truth.

7. Lisa the Loud Mouth: A conversation with Lisa is a community affair because she will start rumors about your attempt to talk to her. Everyone’s afraid to talk to Lisa because half the community will be mad at you by morning.

8. Valerie the Victim: She always paints herself as the victim in every conflict. She knows how to build the Drama Triangle, I am the victim, you are the persecutor, and I cry for a rescuer.

9. Bigot Bob: Hides behind his race, sexual orientation, or his handicap to keep people from telling him the truth.

10. Betty the Boss: Betty uses rank to shut down any conversation in which she is clearly wrong. "I am the boss here!"

11. Smart Art: Art hides behind his huge brain and tries to intimidate his opponent with big words and heady rhetoric (pronounced "red-or-rick") that usually has little to do with the real conflict.

12. Story Lori: Lori tells long stories to deflect conflicts that take forever to complete and that are often impossible to follow. Nobody wants to confront Lori because it will take three hours; and that’s the point.

13. Twist the Truth Ruth: Ruth always twists how and/or when things happen to deflect responsibility for wrongdoing.

14. Silent Violet: She just sits in the chair and says, “I don’t know.” Why did you say that? “I don’t know.” She refuses to engage because she doesn’t want to risk being wrong.

15. Remember November: November brings up things in a conflict that you did wrong 15 years ago as if they happened last week. The goal is to keep you feeling like the guilty party in the room so they don’t have to deal with the truth at hand. You can’t ever confront something in them because they are still hurting from some failure of yours a decade ago.

8, 9, 15

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

He didn't mention "mods" in his post.  You made it about Mods and yourself and sent this thread into a tail spin. 

Just calling balls and strikes here.

Does meta4 get this in the paid member board? This guy would be a complete dick to any and everybody but lately he's been mentioned like he's a top tier poster......

@TitanTiger if you can guarantee that redmilla will stop talking to me I'll cave and I'll sign up for your most premium membership package

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

8, 9, 15

You're definitely a bigot. You tried to pretend that you were a writer and mathematician as if to paint a picture and it turned out you still weren't good enough

😂

• Facepalm 1

14 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

He didn't mention "mods" in his post.  You made it about Mods and yourself and sent this thread into a tail spin. 

Just calling balls and strikes here.

He said "the admin here" which often/usually tends to mean the "moderators and administrators."  I don't think splitting hairs to make a point at someone you don't like is all that helpful.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

He mentioned the administration. The moderators are part of the administration. We aren't full admins, but he was calling out the people who run the message board. If you really can't understand that, then I suspect your incomprehension is willful.

He mentioned "insiders" in his OP that you specifically mentioned above

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

What I find interesting is some MODs t didn’t take it that way at all but others…sounds more personal to me. The MOD thing is a red herring to me 

If anybody did any type of research they'd know exactly what dude's problem is. He wants to be respected like bird and golf....never will happen. He has to have family secrets on one of the admin. They probably been looking for a loophole to get him out from being a mod for years

• Haha 1

On 9/25/2022 at 1:26 PM, cole256 said:

This may be the most talent depleted team I've seen at Auburn. This changes how I'm looking at what we need as far as coaching. 

So I know I won't get credit, acknowledged, or whatever because the admin don't too much care for me, but a very long time ago I said we needed Sanders, of course I was stupid and all of that....now over the past week some high profile media has said it and the "insiders" here have mentioned it and now it's ok to say. 

But I was sort of going back and forth with it in my mind, but seeing how depleted we are he's obviously the best choice. I think he's shown a lot as far as being able to coach but even if he couldn't we're at a point where we need a talent upgrade or we are going to be just like one of the Mississippi school's. Like this is serious right now, we are at a crossroad where we could fall off the map. 

It would be worth it to bring somebody in that could stock us back up with talent. There's nobody else that could come in and recruit in between bammer and Georgia

Deion may work, but he's far my my #1 choice.

What we need to do is put a 10Mill check on a hook and go fishing in Bobo's backyard, hope he sees it wriggling in the grass and pounces.

Barring that we need to have open interviews with any and old HCs with losing records, and I don't mean 32-34 or some such non sense. I want to see between 20% and 33% wins. Only the bottom of the barrel.

IF all of those people also fall through, then maybe we go for the charismatic superstar. Maybe.

Jokes aside, good to see you showing some optimism  in posting this. I've lost all faith in Auburn making any good hiring decisions when it comes to football.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

He said "the admin here" which often/usually tends to mean the "moderators and administrators."  I don't think splitting hairs to make a point at someone you don't like is all that helpful.

Well, I correct my post above to @Rednilla

@cole256did mentioned the "admins" but he didn't talk s*** or say they mistreated him.  Just they don't care for him.  And to be honest, @Rednillais clearly proving him correct.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I know you have to take up for him but you can't spin it. I went years without any interactions with this guy, he became hurt at something when he started visiting the basketball forum and now lately he's starting up every couple of weeks....those are facts no opinion. Can't spin it. NOBODY on here says admin and thinks of red. Not one person

4 minutes ago, Mims44 said:

Deion may work, but he's far my my #1 choice.

What we need to do is put a 10Mill check on a hook and go fishing in Bobo's backyard, hope he sees it wriggling in the grass and pounces.

Barring that we need to have open interviews with any and old HCs with losing records, and I don't mean 32-34 or some such non sense. I want to see between 20% and 33% wins. Only the bottom of the barrel.

IF all of those people also fall through, then maybe we go for the charismatic superstar. Maybe.

Jokes aside, good to see you showing some optimism  in posting this. I've lost all faith in Auburn making any good hiring decisions when it comes to football.

I don't think it will actually happen. I'm just saying he's the only hope really. Anybody else will just be waiting for saban to retire THEN hoping bammer would mess up. The ultimate checkmate would be bammer end up getting him and we keep losing to a coach many said couldn't coach.

I'm sure they'll ban me then 😂😂😂😂

13 hours ago, DAG said:

Because it’s so abnormal from the human perspective that it makes people curious. Like what makes you tick, what makes you find it so casual to just do the most inhumane things to a point where people don’t even expect it. Well Dahmer was odd but like Gacy, Bundy were the next door neighbor type. Plus I am a psych NP, so I am like diagnosing and psychoanalyzing like crazy lol.

Check out Israel Keyes. There is a podcast called True Crime Bull**** that discusses him. Guy operated different than the more famous serial killers.

• Like 1

Deion is an amazing recruiter i agree 100%. However, i see no one talking about how his interactions with the boosters (the money) would work at AU. He's in a position at JSU where he calls all the shots and even dictates games/events within the SWAC. He makes a lot of things happen himself through his industry relationships and sponsorships and sometimes with his own money if he really wants something at JSU. Is AU going to be willing to give Deion full control b/c i promise you that's one of the things it is going to take to get him.  We were not willing to give control to potential coaches like Kirby and Brent but we'd be willing to give it to Deion? I just don't we're in a position to take a big risk. 

Would AU fans be ok if Deion kept his same staff(OC & DC coordinators)? He's a very loyal man so that wouldn't surprise me if he did. It's one thing to have you HC with no experience in D1 or the SEC but the OC and DC as well? I don't think some are looking beyond just recruiting, which is important but there are other factors with bringing in Deion as a HC.

I think some should check out his reality show to get a good feel for him. Again, I think he's a great coach and has done great things but the timing and the position AU is in currently isn't right for either one of us. Of the jobs that is currently open, Arizona State would be the type of job that would be good for Deion. 

Edited by WarEagle1983
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, WarEagle1983 said:

Deion is an amazing recruiter i agree 100%. However, i see no one talking about how his interactions with the boosters (the money) would work at AU. He's in a position at JSU where he calls all the shots and even dictates games/events within the SWAC. He makes a lot of things happen himself through his industry relationships and sponsorships and sometimes with his own money if he really wants something at JSU. Is AU going to be willing to give Deion full control b/c i promise you that's one of the things it is going to take to get him.  We were not willing to give control to potential coaches like Kirby and Brent but we'd be willing to give it to Deion? I just don't we're in a position to take a big risk. 

Would AU fans be ok if Deion kept his same staff(OC & DC coordinators)? He's a very loyal man so that wouldn't surprise me if he did. It's one thing to have you HC with no experience in D1 or the SEC but the OC and DC as well? I don't think some are looking beyond just recruiting, which is important but there are other factors with bringing in Deion as a HC.

I think some should check out his reality show to get a good feel for him. Again, I think he's a great coach and has done great things but the timing and the position AU is in currently isn't right for either one of us. Of the jobs that are currently open, Arizona State would be the type of job that would be good for Deion. 

I think you should look at his staff....you are going against your point. His staff runs circles around ours. There's guys from Florida, a bunch of guy with coaching experience in the NFL, literally a former successful NFL coach on staff. He has position coaches that served under rex Ryan for Pete's sake..... But of course you can feel what you feel. Just seem a bunch of people are saying stuff without really knowing.

Pretty sure he hasn't had a reality show in years

Edited by cole256
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Well, I correct my post above to @Rednilla

@cole256did mentioned the "admins" but he didn't talk s*** or say they mistreated him.  Just they don't care for him.  And to be honest, @Rednillais clearly proving him correct.

Perspective is everything. But you're entitled to your opinion.

I like Sanders he would definitely bring some swagger back and should be able to excite both recruits and the big money people who we need to back NIL which is becoming so important in recruiting right now.  Some have questioned his experience or lack of experience within the SEC. 

I have watched some of the games he has coached and believe me his team has more of an offensive philosophy then Auburn has had in the last 5 years. Of course he like any coach needs to be vetted especially for the type of people he would bring in as assistants.  Like any good head coach you need the right staff around you to recruit, teach develop and pit together a great game plan.

So as long as during the vetting process we get a clear picture of the type of people he hopes to hire as assistants I think he would be a great hire.  He is probably my first choice but if not Deion I would prefer Stoopes he would not have the immediate impact but might be the guy given enough time that could put us back on the map in 3-4 years. 

I don't want Freeze and his baggage and I am only so so on Kiffin.

9 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I think you should look at his staff....you are going against your point. His staff runs circles around ours. There's guys from Florida, a bunch of guy with coaching experience in the NFL, literally a former successful NFL coach on staff. He has position coaches that served under rex Ryan for Pete's sake..... But of course you can feel what you feel. Just seem a bunch of people are saying stuff without really knowing.

Pretty much any staff runs circles around our current staff. I'm not saying his staff are bums but just like him there's no significant D1 and SEC experience. Everything that many fans have an issue with Harsin about, we're willing to forgo that with Deion b/c he'll be a great recruiter? These are simply questions i have. I'm genuinely asking b/c the first thing our fanbase will say if it's not going well...Deion should've hired a more experienced staff with proven OC and DC experience in the SEC. Gus had how many top 10 recruiting classes? Fans didn't complain until we saw they couldn't develop and he was chasing stars not fit and not filling needs.

He has a show on Youtube that showcases the JSU team. It's a really good show. It wasn't stated to be a bad thing, just to show how he operates his program and knowing what he's going to require in order to come to AU. For example, it's on the show that people get to see that something as simple as Deion wanting his players to have their last names on the back of their jerseys b/c before the program didn't and/or couldn't afford it. Deion says he wants it, it's done. It may be small but it's small things and other things that he controls not only within his own program but in the SWAC. My parents graduated from HBCUs so i know the background and culture.

Deion is literally the unassigned commissioner of the SWAC. He's not only helping his own team with getting resources but other HBCUs. This speaks to my question of will AU be willing to give him complete control and get out of his way? You think he's going to be willing to give up all the control he currently has to come to AU? It's just honest and sincere questions i'm asking b/c all i see is people being enamored with him recruiting and not asking the other important questions.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WarEagle1983 said:

Pretty much any staff runs circles around our current staff. I'm not saying his staff are bums but just like him there's no significant D1 and SEC experience. Everything that many fans have an issue with Harsin about, we're willing to forgo that with Deion b/c he'll be a great recruiter? These are simply questions i have. I'm genuinely asking b/c the first thing our fanbase will say if it's not going well...Deion should've hired a more experienced staff with proven OC and DC experience in the SEC. Gus had how many top 10 recruiting classes? Fans didn't complain until we saw they couldn't develop and he was chasing stars not fit and not filling needs.

He has a show on Youtube that showcases the JSU team. It's a really good show. It wasn't stated to be a bad thing, just to show how he operates his program and knowing what he's going to require in order to come to AU. For example, it's on the show that people get to see that something as simple as Deion wanting his players to have their last names on the back of their jerseys b/c before the program didn't and/or couldn't afford it. Deion says he wants it, it's done. It may be small but it's small things and other things that he controls not only within his own program but in the SWAC. My parents graduated from HBCUs so i know the background and culture.

Deion is literally the unassigned commissioner of the SWAC. He's not only helping his own team with getting resources but other HBCUs. This speaks to my question of will AU be willing to give him complete control and get out of his way? You think he's going to be willing to give up all the control he currently has to come to AU? It's just honest and sincere questions i'm asking b/c all i see is people being enamored with him recruiting and not asking the other important questions.

Let's be real they probably won't but I'm sure it would be discussed....And thats the point. We're almost at a point where the school will have no choice either change or suck. To be honest I'm hoping any coach will go in and say I want to do this on my terms.

As far as the series at jsu I'm aware of that pretty much every school has one, but when you mention reality show people will search it and find clips 10 years ago and I'm sure we can all say we're not the same person we were ten years ago. 

Lastly as far as coaching staff you should actually think it's a positive. He's supplying NFL coaches and trainers with NFL experience there, what do you think he'll do here? If nothing else he's shown he prepares himself to be the best. He shouldn't have a staff right now filled with sec because he's not in the sec. What he does have is coaches better than the sec. And like I said he actually have a few guys that do have sec experience but more importantly he has a bunch of NFL experience. No more our guys going to the NFL and we're being laughed at, at how unprepared our guys are. 

• Like 1

Just now, cole256 said:

Let's be real they probably won't but I'm sure it would be discussed....And thats the point. We're almost at a point where the school will have no choice either change or suck. To be honest I'm hoping any coach will go in and say I want to do this on my terms.

As far as the series at jsu I'm aware of that pretty much every school has one, but when you mention reality show people will search it and find clips 10 years ago and I'm sure we can all say we're not the same person we were ten years ago. 

Lastly as far as coaching staff you should actually think it's a positive. He's supplying NFL coaches and trainers with NFL experience there, what do you think he'll do here? If nothing else he's shown he prepares himself to be the best. He shouldn't have a staff right now filled with sec because he's not in the sec. What he does have is coaches better than the sec. And like I said he actually have a few guys that do have sec experience but more importantly he has a bunch of NFL experience. No more our guys going to the NFL and we're being laughed at, at how unprepared our guys are. 

I am expected Grimes tbh. Would love to have Deion here though 

Bunch of racism and bigotry involved in the dahmer case as well.....so I guess on this board people would say they are playing victims 😂

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

I agree that any coach coming to AU must demand control if we want this turned around. But is it realistic that we're going to give it to Deion if we do? I respect his staff but my point again was that IF it goes south what our fans will point to. I just think it's all interesting conversation but not a reality. 

1 hour ago, Rednilla said:

Well, to be fair, he kinda *did* call us to confrontation by victimizing himself with direct regard to AUF administration in that OP. I can see how we should just ignore that and let him create whatever reality he wants for himself. :drippingsarcasm7pa:

to be fair you could have ignored it like the rest of us though 😉

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

edit: Unneeded comment. 

Edited by Didba

4 minutes ago, Didba said:

Yeah this dude doesn't know what he is talking about, out here telling me to do my research in another thread when he clearly hasn't done any himself.

It wasn't meant be combative. I know his background very well. But it just seems like your dislike for the other coaches override the football aspect. Just pointing out that they all had/have character flaws. 

1 hour ago, Rednilla said:

Perspective is everything. But you're entitled to your opinion.

I think the perspective is pretty clear that you don't care for @cole256, as he correctly stated in his OP and set you off.