This is different now to me

cole256

Just now, Old fan 47 said:

Not at all, but didn’t Kirby want more control a la Saban and he wasn’t going to get that at AU. Nobody has since Dye. 

That is not the reason we did not hire him we didn't hire him because he couldn't coach in the bowl game. So he said eff you to us. 😒 JABA 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, cole256 said:

This may be the most talent depleted team I've seen at Auburn. This changes how I'm looking at what we need as far as coaching. 

So I know I won't get credit, acknowledged, or whatever because the admin don't too much care for me, but a very long time ago I said we needed Sanders, of course I was stupid and all of that....now over the past week some high profile media has said it and the "insiders" here have mentioned it and now it's ok to say. 

But I was sort of going back and forth with it in my mind, but seeing how depleted we are he's obviously the best choice. I think he's shown a lot as far as being able to coach but even if he couldn't we're at a point where we need a talent upgrade or we are going to be just like one of the Mississippi school's. Like this is serious right now, we are at a crossroad where we could fall off the map. 

It would be worth it to bring somebody in that could stock us back up with talent. There's nobody else that could come in and recruit in between bammer and Georgia

The next coach with a half a heart beat will automatically be a better recruiter than what we have now.  He could also restock but go 0-11 in his first year.  That would cause a negative reaction no matter how low recruiting is.  Then, you fire him and watch half the team transfer and you are back to where you are now. 

I say go for both great recruiter and coach. Either way, I don't see AU hiring Deion. 

Edited by Auburn93
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Old fan 47 said:

Not at all, but didn’t Kirby want more control a la Saban and he wasn’t going to get that at AU. Nobody has since Dye. 

I didn't say anything about Kirby but ok, rightfully so. And if this school don't want to let a coach run his program his way then that goes back to another thing I said....we will reap what we sow and we will deserve to be bottom of the bottom

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Dislike 1

Just now, DAG said:

And he would instantly bring attention to Auburn. It would be must watch TV. Plus he is such a great interview.  Auburn has been boring for a long time now...we need some swagger.

I was thinking about the press conferences after games earlier today if we did hire him. It would definitely be much watch for Auburn fans every week 🤣 I would love it. 

2 minutes ago, Auburn93 said:

say go for both great recruiter and coach

Who might that be? And why doesn't everyone else do it?

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Taker said:

For what it's worth here is an article of the flight tracker

https://flywareagle.com/2022/09/24/auburn-football-deion-sanders-flight/amp/

Fake news. The University owed me a solid for some past “work.” Needless to say, they were kind enough to fly to my grandmothers house and bring me back some fresh apple butter. It is delicious. Sorry for the commotion. Nothing to see here. Let’s move along.  🤪

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Auburn93 said:

The next coach with a half a heart beat will automatically be a better recruiter than what we have now.  He could also restock but go 0-11 in his first year.  That would cause a negative reaction no matter how low recruiting is.  Then, you fire him and watch half the team transfer and you are back to where you are now. 

I say go for both great recruiter and coach. Either way, I don't see AU hiring Deion. 

That doesn't even make sense but ok. Your opinion

5 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

That is not the reason we did not hire him we didn't hire him because he couldn't coach in the bowl game. So he said eff you to us. 😒 JABA 

That is such a joke and such an Auburn move ugh.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Ok. LOL

I don't know what you mean with this either. I'm basically trying to see are you confusing another convo you had with someone else with me

If he got the job, succeeded and bolted without a buyout, but left us stocked with talent, I’d be fine with that. If he’s immediately over his head, I don’t want a big buyout.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Auburn93 said:

Deion doesn't have the experience or success level of Bruce Pearl.  Therefore, I would not compare the two. 

Bruce didn't have experience before he got the experience either. But they are very similar started out at smaller programs had success and moved up and the success followed

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, DAG said:

And he would instantly bring attention to Auburn. It would be must watch TV. Plus he is such a great interview.  Auburn has been boring for a long time now...we need some swagger.

This so much. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Yeah and if you think about it how many times have we done that over the years we could have had some damn good coaches if we would have just set JABA aside. 😡 Don't think about it to much though it will piss you right off. 

12 minutes ago, Auburn93 said:

Well hopefully you are wrong about AU hiring Deon

Edited by Didba

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

It's so stupid it's scary. It's like we really have idiotsmaking some huge decisions for us

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

If he got the job, succeeded and bolted without a buyout, but left us stocked with talent, I’d be fine with that. If he’s immediately over his head, I don’t want a big buyout.

I hope for God's sake Auburn has learned its lesson when it comes to giving big f****** buyouts 😒. Let it grow if he does good don't just start off big damn. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, autiger88 said:

Yeah and if you think about it how many times have we done that over the years we could have had some damn good coaches if we would have just set JABA aside. 😡 Don't think about it to much though it will piss you right off. 

I try not to, but then I get push back on how this is not true. Yet I hear we attract big time coaches. Well once again, if we get Sanders, he is going to want to do things his way with minimal resistance or intrusion (And rightfully so). Can we get out of our own way?

Just now, Didba said:

Well hopefully you are wrong 

It's not even worth arguing. Losing every game of the season? The odds of that is super low but that's how extreme you have to go to make not going after him to make sense

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Barnacle said:

Would Deion even have interest in this job? If he does, I obviously agree he needs to be a serious candidate. 

This is what I doubt. The only thing I can see him being intrigued with is going head up with saban and the proximity to Atlanta and Florida