This is different now to me

cole256

1 minute ago, DAG said:

I try not to, but then I get push back on how this is not true. Yet I hear we attract big time coaches. Well once again, if we get Sanders, he is going to want to do things his way with minimal resistance or intrusion (And rightfully so). Can we get out of our own way?

God I hope so this time. I'm worried if we don't Auburn football won't be relevant anymore. This is a crucial moment in Auburn's history if we screw this up I don't even want to think what that means.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cole256 said:

That doesn't even make sense but ok. Your opinion

It does make sense.  Players come to Auburn because of the coach.  Players then transfer when that coach is gone because they only came to Auburn because of the coach.  You are the one talking about getting players because of the magnetism of Deion Sanders?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

It's so stupid it's scary. It's like we really have idiotsmaking some huge decisions for us

Idiots. Who does petty s*** like that

1 minute ago, Barnacle said:

Would Deion even have interest in this job? If he does, I obviously agree he needs to be a serious candidate. 

I am sure he would but Coach Sanders ain't no fool either. I am sure he can sniff out a pointless interview. If we do seek him out, it needs to be with serious intention. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I've explained it quite a few times, I don't see people say this to the all the other people that do it. I definitely don't see you or anybody else question it when a post is made and someone is saying we were talking about this or we said this is the paid forum a week ago....but ok cool

We get it, you're the victim of the mean AUF administration, in spite of being all knowing and ahead of your time. You like to remind us frequently, so I don't think anyone is going to forget.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

5 minutes ago, Didba said:

Well hopefully you are wrong 

I just think the people who are hiring need to consider all scenarios. Of course, the hiring of Deion would be incredibly exciting.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, autiger88 said:

God I hope so this time. I'm worried if we don't Auburn football won't be relevant anymore. This is a crucial moment in Auburn's history if we screw this up I don't even want to think what that means.

Yes. Honestly I still think it will be a safe hire such as Grimes...but Auburn shouldn't fear the risky hires E.G. Freeze or Sanders. Seek of us working about the media and what others think .

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DAG said:

I am sure he would but Coach Sanders ain't no fool either. I am sure he can sniff out a pointless interview. If we do seek him out, it needs to be with serious intention. 

I agree with this completely. If we interview him (and I wouldn't mind it in the least), then it needs to be a real interview, in which he has a legitimate shot at getting the job.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Would Deion even have interest in this job? If he does, I obviously agree he needs to be a serious candidate. 

One would suppose that he would be interested but he may prefer to stay at a small school working with kids going to HBCUs

Just now, Auburn93 said:

It does make sense.  Players come to Auburn because of the coach.  Players then transfer when that coach is gone because they only came to Auburn because of the coach.  You are the one talking about getting players because of the magnetism of Deion Sanders?

Firing him because he loses every game the first year? Makes no sense. And you also have to ask the same unlikely scenario with any coach. The players are going to come here for any coach. Losing every game would be a set back for any coach. 

It doesn't make sense to make up unlikely scenarios where the outcome would be the same for any coach

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

9 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I don't know what you mean with this either. I'm basically trying to see are you confusing another convo you had with someone else with me

Sorry,  got too many covos going on at the same time

28 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

Hiring Sanders now might be a good talent draw but can he coach and produce in the SEC on the field? Is Auburn ready to be a lab for this? That’s just as important as recruiting. 

Let’s just say this we need to stock up on talent and if he don’t work out as a coach the next guy will be set up nicely. 

• Like 2

Just now, cole256 said:

This is what I doubt. The only thing I can see him being intrigued with is going head up with saban and the proximity to Atlanta and Florida

Right. I think he’s fun to talk about, but I think Deion has a plan for where he wants to go, and I’m not sure a program like Auburn fits within that picture. Guy doesn’t need the money. Think he wants to really do something special for HBCU’s, and he may be committed to be at JSU for a long time. 

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, cole256 said:

This may be the most talent depleted team I've seen at Auburn. This changes how I'm looking at what we need as far as coaching. 

So I know I won't get credit, acknowledged, or whatever because the admin don't too much care for me, but a very long time ago I said we needed Sanders, of course I was stupid and all of that....now over the past week some high profile media has said it and the "insiders" here have mentioned it and now it's ok to say. 

But I was sort of going back and forth with it in my mind, but seeing how depleted we are he's obviously the best choice. I think he's shown a lot as far as being able to coach but even if he couldn't we're at a point where we need a talent upgrade or we are going to be just like one of the Mississippi school's. Like this is serious right now, we are at a crossroad where we could fall off the map. 

It would be worth it to bring somebody in that could stock us back up with talent. There's nobody else that could come in and recruit in between bammer and Georgia

Thank you Cole for you opinions. 

Can I add to this. If Sanders is chosen as the next head coach we need to give him a minimum of 5 years without the constant negative badgering from ahole fans we see on this site. No way that will happen but I can dream. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

We get it, you're the victim of the mean AUF administration, in spite of being all knowing and ahead of your time. You like to remind us frequently, so I don't think anyone is going to forget.

Oh here comes redmilla talking again. I'm sure you'll say some dumb stuff then say you didn't realize you were saying it again. Thx for showing up, I'm sure somebody on here appreciates you somewhere. Probably on an ole miss forum or something

• Haha 2
  • Dislike 1

Since the firing of Gus, I have been beating the hire Sanders drum. I knew what was happening. We do not have the talent and things would get worst. All I got was push back and was made fun of, and, yet here we are.  I am telling you now, things are still to get worst. Only, Deion can straighten out the ship this next recruiting cycle. Buy him the coordinators and let him be him. There will an instant injection of talent, national recognition and money he will bring to Auburn. Or, we can lose another year of recruiting, while explaining how the new (unknown to the public) coach will compete with the national known names of Saban and Smart.

Edited by VegasEagle
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Barnacle said:

Right. I think he’s fun to talk about, but I think Deion has a plan for where he wants to go, and I’m not sure a program like Auburn fits within that picture. Guy doesn’t need the money. Think he wants to really do something special for HBCU’s, and he may be committed to be at JSU for a long time. 

This may be true. I could see it.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Yes. Honestly I still think it will be a safe hire such as Grimes...but Auburn shouldn't fear the risky hires E.G. Freeze or Sanders. Seek of us working about the media and what others think .

I would be ok with Grimes. I agree I think we should roll the dice and give Deion a chance. ( You are never gonna get me to agree with Freeze). 😁

If we hired Sanders the media would be ecstatic because Auburn did something different lol. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Sorry,  got too many covos going on at the same time

It's cool. You know me I'm down to talk about anything I just didn't see any previous convo to that, but if you bring me up to speed I will surely give you my opinion if you want it

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Yes. If we are actually serious and have the money for him he would definitely come IMO. 

backing-you-get-yours.gif

3 minutes ago, creed said:

Thank you Cole for you opinions. 

Can I add to this. If Sanders is chosen as the next head coach we need to give him a minimum of 5 years without the constant negative badgering from ahole fans we see on this site. No way that will happen but I can dream. 

Thx dude. And yes I agree shouldn't be trying to run him out as soon as a bad play call is made and all of that bull. I agree 100 percent

5 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

He definitely wants to move up and coach at a big time program. He just may want to spend a couple more years at jsu

• Like 1

1 minute ago, autiger88 said:

Yes. If we are actually serious and have the money for him he would definitely come IMO. 

backing-you-get-yours.gif

I dunno man, HBCUs are his passion project. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Nah, hes got an ego( not a bad thing) and wants to prove he can coach anywhere as long as the money men offer up the right amount I think Deion will listen.