This is different now to me

cole256

23 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

Is Auburn ready to be a lab for this?

We’ve been the basement level rodent test lab for the last 21 months. 

Time to check out that deluxe apartment in the sky. 

moving-on.gif

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Didba said:

I dunno man, HBCUs are his passion project. 

I kinda agree but disagree to. They may be right now but you cant tell me the man if offered the right amount wouldn't wanna come prove himself against Saban and Smart. He's got a ego about him that he would definitely want to come to the SEC west just prove that he can do it. 

• Like 1

Our most glaring issues are up front on offense. Overall? It's not the hellscape of a roster that people like to imagine. Competent coaching would put these guys in better positions to play. Ashford is not a QB, but with a little bit better performing OL he could make a few more passes.

We probably beat Mizzou 31-10 with an average SEC coaching staff.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, autiger88 said:

Nah, hes got an ego( not a bad thing) and wants to prove he can coach anywhere as long as the money men offer up the right amount I think Deion will listen. 

He is getting older, the is now, if he wants to make this move. BTW-Have they fixed the water problem yet?

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, woodford said:

Our most glaring issues are up front on offense. Overall? It's not the hellscape of a roster that people like to imagine. Competent coaching would put these guys in better positions to play. Ashford is not a QB, but with a little bit better performing OL he could make a few more passes.

We definitely are not scheming up easy throwing situations for Robby. Not scheming WRs open. 

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

This may be the most talent depleted team I've seen at Auburn. This changes how I'm looking at what we need as far as coaching. 

So I know I won't get credit, acknowledged, or whatever because the admin don't too much care for me, but a very long time ago I said we needed Sanders, of course I was stupid and all of that....now over the past week some high profile media has said it and the "insiders" here have mentioned it and now it's ok to say. 

But I was sort of going back and forth with it in my mind, but seeing how depleted we are he's obviously the best choice. I think he's shown a lot as far as being able to coach but even if he couldn't we're at a point where we need a talent upgrade or we are going to be just like one of the Mississippi school's. Like this is serious right now, we are at a crossroad where we could fall off the map. 

It would be worth it to bring somebody in that could stock us back up with talent. There's nobody else that could come in and recruit in between bammer and Georgia

I agree. Sanders has the fire and charisma to go toe to toe with Kirby and Saban. He could immediately stock our cupboard with recruits and players through the portal. Give him the money and resources to assemble the best staff he can and we stop this thing from going over the cliff.

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, woodford said:

No way in hell. We don't have the talent on o line or QB for that. We don't have the talent on defense either. We have one or two players sprinkled. We don't have high level athletes. The few special athletes we did have last year either graduated or transferred

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, DAG said:

That is the old Kirby Smart argument. 

I've thought about it all week just playing advocate with the situation, let's just say DS comes here and it's a home run, we know in that case fsu would probably come to him with Jimbo level money. If he were to leave, do you A: think "oh crap we have to look for another coach now, or B: do you think the momentum continues into the next coaching hire as far as recruiting, etc

Just now, PigskinPat said:

I agree. Sanders has the fire and charisma to go toe to toe with Kirby and Saban. He could immediately stock our cupboard with recruits and players through the portal. Give him the money and resources to assemble the best staff he can and we stop this thing from going over the cliff.

It's win win. If he leaves we still get some talent here, they will get NFL level coaching for some years. If he stays we just get better and better.

I keep brining up to people remember how muschamp one year set Steele up for the next 3/4 years

• Like 5
  • Dislike 1

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

I've thought about it all week just playing advocate with the situation, let's just say DS comes here and it's a home run, we know in that case fsu would probably come to him with Jimbo level money. If he were to leave, do you A: think "oh crap we have to look for another coach now, or B: do you think the momentum continues into the next coaching hire as far as recruiting, etc

Deion will recruit if he leaves after 3 or 4 years and leaves the cupboard full who cares? I honest though don't think he leaves that easily if he his successful. He will be in arguably the best conference going against the best coaches and if he is successful why would he leave? 

I will be so upset if Sanders was available for Hire and Auburn goes with Freeze. 

• Like 6
  • Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Just look at Tennessee and the Lane Kiffin situation.  It wouldn’t be that different would it?

5 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

The momentum continuous. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

20 minutes ago, DAG said:

Yes. Honestly I still think it will be a safe hire such as Grimes...but Auburn shouldn't fear the risky hires E.G. Freeze or Sanders. Seek of us working about the media and what others think .

Im down for Sanders, Freeze or Kiffin. I think the perceived “safe” choices are a bigger risk than any of these three, especially with the state of the current roster. AU desperately needs someone to shake things up and give fans some excitement. Besides being bad, weve been boring so long I dont know who would watch our games if they just wanted to watch entertaining football.

• Like 2

Lol stuff like that. Not a good fit here better fit at Atlanta....thinking like that is when you just say maybe we need to suck 😂

• Facepalm 1

13 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

Did I miss something ? 🤷

Jackson, MS is in a boil ban similar to the Flynt, Michigan situation

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, CR said:

Im down for Sanders, Freeze or Kiffin. I think the perceived “safe” choices are a bigger risk than any of these three, especially with the state of the current roster. AU desperately needs someone to shake things up and give fans some excitement. Besides being bad, weve been boring so long I dont know who would watch our games if they just wanted to watch entertaining football.

Freeze has not shown he can recruit, at least not legally.

1 minute ago, Didba said:

Jackson, MS is in a boil ban similar to the Flynt, Michigan situation

Oh ok didn't realize that. Thank you for clarifying. I was really confused like that was some secret code sentence or something. 😂

Just now, Hank2020 said:

Freeze has not shown he can recruit, at least not legally.

I'm not usually up for defending Freeze but really? You honestly think the winning coaches out there are all doing it legally 😂 @DAG

• Like 1