This is different now to me

cole256

1 minute ago, Tiger Refuge said:

He may not come right now for the simple fact that he is continuing to coach his son.

One thing people don't mention, look at the progression his son has showed....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

It’s because of recruiting. I think he’s a risky hire for sure, but he will attract talent from all across the country, and in my opinion that’s more than half the battle.

He's had 1, just 1 full season of coaching at the collegiate level (Div I-AA)

1 minute ago, Tiger Refuge said:

He may not come right now for the simple fact that he is continuing to coach his son.

Nah I don't think that would stop him. I think his son would probably transfer with him. 

• Like 2

Just now, Didba said:

We definitely don't have one right now!

in all seriousness though, what is your opinion about on Freeze texting that victim?

My issue is that its a serious ethical breach that is recent showing me he didn't learn anything from his firing for cause at Ole Miss

Sounds like he texted that person in defense of his leader. That was stupid. That is my opinion of it.  That is not going to change my mind that he could be a good head football coach.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, selias said:

So who do you like?

42 minutes ago, creed said:

Thank you Cole for you opinions. 

Can I add to this. If Sanders is chosen as the next head coach we need to give him a minimum of 5 years without the constant negative badgering from ahole fans we see on this site. No way that will happen but I can dream. 

Normally I would agree. I said Harsin deserved 3 at the minimum, but another one will drive us further down, due to his lack of recruiting. No doubt Deion could recruit, but can and would he be able to assemble a talented staff, due to his newness as a HC. No offense to anyone, but Jackson State is not at the level of a Boise, buts that’s not say it isn’t a good program. It’s plain as day what he’s done. He deserves to be interviewed if he is at all interested. 

47 minutes ago, creed said:

Thank you Cole for you opinions. 

Can I add to this. If Sanders is chosen as the next head coach we need to give him a minimum of 5 years without the constant negative badgering from ahole fans we see on this site. No way that will happen but I can dream. 

I honestly believe he would have this ship turned around in 2 but have a pretty good first year. IMO.

2 minutes ago, selias said:

LOL so we just discount a shortened Covid season?  He'll have 3 by the end of the time he's hired.  Stop making bad arguments 

1 minute ago, Barnacle said:

The question was why people have interest in him. Not why he would be a risk. 

Some people can't read or just wanna argue. I swear they are coming out of the woodwork just to argue. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, cole256 said:

It's cool. You know me I'm down to talk about anything I just didn't see any previous convo to that, but if you bring me up to speed I will surely give you my opinion if you want it

That last reply was meant for another post. Sorry. I'm not coordinated enuf to carry on more than 1 convo at a time

Just now, autiger88 said:

Some people can't read or just wanna argue. I swear they are coming out of the woodwork just to argue. 

To me the fact that all the arguments is either hypothetical worst case scenarios or he can't be a good coach because he hasn't already coached for ten years or whatever is very telling in itself.

We need something drastic and doing the same ol conservative safe stuff over and over is literally killing this program

• Love 1

4 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

The question was why people have interest in him. Not why he would be a risk. 

And yeah, I still don't understand the interest. His collegiate experience doesn't really provide a good sample size for judgement.

He snagged that kid that made the news for going to a HBCU and does Aflac commercials with Saban.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

To me the fact that all the arguments is either hypothetical worst case scenarios or he can't be a good coach because he hasn't already coached for ten years or whatever is very telling in itself.

Oh, please, do tell.

• Haha 1

Just now, autiger88 said:

I honestly believe he would have this ship turned around in 2 but have a pretty good first year. IMO.

We aren't talented, but we shouldn't be as bad as we currently are.  We have the same OL and got worse.  WR lost a guy who can't even get catches for UCF and got worse.  TEs look worse.  DL is the same, got worse.  I'd say our DBs are on par or corners slightly better.  LBs worse.  RB is probably better.  We're not that much different than last year.  I don't think Bo changes much if he's here.  We have enough to be better than the worst team in the SEC, which is what we are. 

Problem is so much of our "talent" is leaving after this year.  Tank is gone. entire OL is gone & no one left. Lose some good corners.  28/29/55 will leave a sizable hole on the DL.

We essentially will need the portal class of all portal classes to be 500 next year.  Take 15 HS kids and 25 transfers.

1 QB

1-2 RB

1-2 WR

5 OL

2 EDGE

2 DT

2 LB

3 DBs

😁 Gus leftovers and Harsin poor recruiting = self inflicted probation.  Find me a coach that can fill those holes.  Deion possible gives us 1 QB and an elite 5* DB.  It's a start

• Love 1

1 minute ago, selias said:

And yeah, I still don't understand the interest. His collegiate experience doesn't really provide a good sample size for judgement.

He snagged that kid that made the news for going to a HBCU and does Aflac commercials with Saban.

You don’t believe he would be a top tier recruiter. Okay. 

3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

We need something drastic and doing the same ol conservative safe stuff over and over is literally killing this program

Yep. Like I said earlier imo this is a very important momemt in Auburn history if we screw this up I don't know where we will be at in 3-5 years except at Vandy level bad. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, selias said:

That kid Travis Hunter was the #1 recruit in the Nation and it was unheard of for a kid that highly ranked to go to a HBCU. 😒

Edited by autiger88

7 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

We aren't talented, but we shouldn't be as bad as we currently are.  We have the same OL and got worse.  WR lost a guy who can't even get catches for UCF and got worse.  TEs look worse.  DL is the same, got worse.  I'd say our DBs are on par or corners slightly better.  LBs worse.  RB is probably better.  We're not that much different than last year.  I don't think Bo changes much if he's here.  We have enough to be better than the worst team in the SEC, which is what we are. 

Problem is so much of our "talent" is leaving after this year.  Tank is gone. entire OL is gone & no one left. Lose some good corners.  28/29/55 will leave a sizable hole on the DL.

We essentially will need the portal class of all portal classes to be 500 next year.  Take 15 HS kids and 25 transfers.

1 QB

1-2 RB

1-2 WR

5 OL

2 EDGE

2 DT

2 LB

3 DBs

😁 Gus leftovers and Harsin poor recruiting = self inflicted probation.  Find me a coach that can fill those holes.  Deion possible gives us 1 QB and an elite 5* DB.  It's a start

I think it would be more then just those two. Kids I think would be knocking on the door to Transfer here as soon as he was hired. 

Edited by autiger88

You get Sanders as HC and tell him to be a CEO. Get Zimmer as DC and some young NFL guy as OC and you're cooking. Only guy that can close our talent gap. His son will also come, and he's really good.

My only concern is that someone said his son once threw like 5 picks in a game last year and he refused to bench him. We've seen too much blind faith in QB's around here. Just make players earn it and bench them when they do bad. 

2 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

I think it would be more then just those two. Kids I think would be knocking on the door to Transfer here as soon as he was hired. 

I just mean his son is a QB (I know he puts up stats, no idea if he's a P5 player or not) and Travis Hunter are two on his team that would possibly transfer.

• Like 1