For all the Coach Prime fans …

RunInRed

5 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

It amazes me that people are dismissing him without even doing a modicum of research first.  Personal biases getting in the way of objective reasoning.

It trips me out how people make pretend we have this super high standard of great genius highly respected coaches and some utopian society that's only at Auburn.....

Like I said just automatically he can't coach. 

• Like 6

Just now, Brad_ATX said:

That's fair, but from a recruiting perspective, I don't need to see that.  He hauled in the #1 overall recruit in the nation last year.

And I also wonder if people said the same thing 30 years ago when we hired a coach with no D-1 experience.

Terry? That didn’t end well. 

Just now, cole256 said:

It trips me out how people make pretend we have this super high standard of great genius highly respected coaches and some utopian society that's only at Auburn.....

Like I said just automatically he can't coach. 

No….he hasn’t shown enough. Yet. 

2 minutes ago, Didba said:

Thanks. I checked Wikipedia didn’t see it 

I edited and added it all to my initial response to you.

His marriage to his first wife Carolyn Chambers and mother of his two oldest children (Deion Jr. and Deiondra) was ending. “I was going through the trials and tribulations of life. I was pretty much running on fumes,” he said. “I was empty, no peace, no joy. Losing hope with the progression of everything.”

Sanders recounted the suicide attempt in his autobiography Power, Money & Sex: How Success Almost Ruined My Life. Amazingly, he survived what he said was a 30- to 40-foot drop without any significant injuries. He decided his life was worth living.

“I finally just got on my knees and gave it all to the Lord,” Sanders said.

• Thanks 1

Not one person has said let's try somebody that the players respect and can relate to. At bare minimum cares about them......because who gives a flying *@$&& we need to see that awesome guy who was a coordinator at bowling green or somewhere like that.....

• Like 3
  • Dislike 4

11 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Bishop TJ Jakes

TD Jakes. I didn't know that about Deion. 

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Not one person has said let's try somebody that the players respect and can relate to. At bare minimum cares about them......because who gives a flying *@$&& we need to see that awesome guy who was a coordinator at bowling green or somewhere like that.....

The players respect development, coaching technique, ability to translate to the next level and winning! Prime isn’t the only one who can get a players respect. You are acting like he’s the only one who can which is inaccurate. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

I edited and added it all to my initial response to you.

His marriage to his first wife Carolyn Chambers and mother of his two oldest children (Deion Jr. and Deiondra) was ending. “I was going through the trials and tribulations of life. I was pretty much running on fumes,” he said. “I was empty, no peace, no joy. Losing hope with the progression of everything.”

Sanders recounted the suicide attempt in his autobiography Power, Money & Sex: How Success Almost Ruined My Life. Amazingly, he survived what he said was a 30- to 40-foot drop without any significant injuries. He decided his life was worth living.

“I finally just got on my knees and gave it all to the Lord,” Sanders said.

giphy234.gif.fea0facd90e15724d823b9ecf5d91d33.gif

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

Sign me up for a 20 game win streak right now.

We don’t have Coach Dyes roster. 

1 minute ago, autigeremt said:

We don’t have Coach Dyes roster. 

Y'all act like he only won with Dye's players.  Dude went to the SEC Title game in 1997 and lost by a point to Peyton Manning.  Those weren't Dye players on the field.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

A poster on the bunker named BTA who they claim is some sort of insider similar to passthebiscuits and jhead and claims that Deion would be in serious consideration and he's already been back channeled by AU she that's why Thamel wrote what he did a few weeks ago. TIFWIW

• Like 2
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, gr82be said:

TD Jakes. I didn't know that about Deion. 

I’m surprised how many people don’t know. That’s probably because BSPN, CNN, MSNBC, ABC, NBC, CBS, PBS just don’t report things like that.

1 minute ago, AUFan2015 said:

A poster on the bunker named BTA who they claim is some sort of insider similar to passthebiscuits and jhead and claims that Deion would be in serious consideration and he's already been back channeled by AU she that's why Thamel wrote what he did a few weeks ago. TIFWIW

I have no doubt Auburn has contacted him, the thing of it is, I just don’t think that’s in Dion’s plans. I Obviously could be wrong.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

I’m surprised how many people don’t know. That’s probably because BSPN, CNN, MSNBC, ABC, NBC, CBS, PBS just don’t report things like that.

That and it was 25 years ago 😇

6 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Y'all act like he only won with Dye's players.  Dude went to the SEC Title game in 1997 and lost by a point to Peyton Manning.  Those weren't Dye players on the field.

You quoted the 20 wins streak “you guy” 

Edited by autigeremt

5 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

I have no doubt Auburn has contacted him, the thing of it is, I just don’t think that’s in Dion’s plans. I Obviously could be wrong.

Let’s hope you are wrong like I was wrong about Harsin being a good coach 

2 minutes ago, Carnell said:

All this excitement over a high school coach.

I’m sorry what high school coach are you talking about? I haven’t seen one mentioned in this thread. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

If Deion surrounds himself with some our top legacy dream team coordinators like Tony Franklin and Ellis Johnson.

We can’t lose!!!!

You forgot: Lefty 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

That and it was 25 years ago 😇

I think, I see what you’re saying. Good ahead and post the links of when they reported on it.

Edited by AU-24

13 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Agree!

I am right there with u on the thoughts of Deion. He has been all in . I mean he is all about anything HBCU. Maybe in two years or so but listening to him talk I don’t see it right now. His push isn’t limited to JSU he is trying to get all of the schools to do better. I guess we will have clarity sooner or later.

Edited by e808