For all the Coach Prime fans …

RunInRed

8 minutes ago, e808 said:

I am right there with u on the thoughts of Deion. He has been all in . I mean he is all about anything HBCU. Maybe in two years or so but listening to him talk I don’t see it right now. I guess we will have clarity sooner or later

I wouldn’t cry about Freeze or Stoops either. If we would’ve hired either one of those two, a couple years ago, we wouldn’t be going through this now!

If the purse string holders consider Stoops, it will be a lot tougher to get him from Kentucky now, than it would’ve been a couple three years ago.

Edited by AU-24
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, kennypowers said:

Perhaps our biggest problem in football isn't Harsin...perhaps it's impatience.   Time will tell...if we allow it. 

Guy called a HB dive with a nothing offensive line for a RB that was basically frozen out of the offense for 3 quarters lol 

no amount of patience is saving how bad a situational play caller he’s shown to be for 2 years 

• Like 3

Honestly, Harsin was more accredited than the three previous hires that came before him, and couldn’t hold their jocks as a coach. Two of the three were ACE recruiters and assembled ACE recruiters. Before you dismiss what I said earlier as just “but the talent”…you gotta get the talent

hell, Gene had to recruit for an entirely different scheme and they still got 8 wins, and Alabama had to have their then best drive of the decade to steal one from us. We may struggle to get 8 or 9 out of 2 years with this guy 

Maybe a gut feeling and a risk may not be the worst thing if you get the guy with the right charisma. MAYBE

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Guy called a HB dive with a nothing offensive line for a RB that was basically frozen out of the offense for 3 quarters lol 

no amount of patience is saving how bad a situational play caller he’s shown to be for 2 years 

Bingo. Going back to all the stupid decisions last season to ones currently. Dude cannot coach beyond his script. When we were up 14-0 after 1st quarter I noticed Mizzu had adjusted and knew then we were not scoring anymore unless given a short field and they would tie it up soon. 4th and 1 and you're in your kickers easy makeable area... KICK IT!

As for the Deion being the coach. Sure, be great, but I don't see it happening. Makes me think it's going to be another "we had him ready to sign but..." stories.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, clwn said:

Bingo. Going back to all the stupid decisions last season to ones currently. Dude cannot coach beyond his script. When we were up 14-0 after 1st quarter I noticed Mizzu had adjusted and knew then we were not scoring anymore unless given a short field and they would tie it up soon. 4th and 1 and you're in your kickers easy makeable area... KICK IT!

As for the Deion being the coach. Sure, be great, but I don't see it happening. Makes me think it's going to be another "we had him ready to sign but..." stories.

Probably not the worst thing we didn’t close the deal with Mario, as a loss of the magnitude Miami just experienced would probably collapse Auburn, but man…having a Mario and Kirby as your what ifs, and then having Harsin and Gus as your reality. That’s tough 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

How about the Shenker around is that the same as the cox cat or worse. Even the play to Deal a slightly faster tight end and that’s a touchdown. Robby probably could have thrown it a little better but he did have air under that throw.

Edited by e808

2 hours ago, RunInRed said:

I would not touch him with a 20-foot pole. It’s all about him and always will be all about him.

Interesting. So in 2007, Saban made it all about bammer instead of himself? 15 years later, his cold, dark heart may have finally Grinched into Whoville a sliver, but I used to tease my bammer buds for years, asking when is the last time you heard Coach Saban say, "RT"?

Their answer, "I don't care as long as he's winning."

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RunInRed said:

How do you think we do big time recruiting without unity? Just on Prime’s charm?

Do you really think Saban adores bammers and gives pause to consider what they think of him?

Saban coaches at Alabama for one reason...and it ain't to unify the fanbase. A'ight?

Prime can bleed himself 24/7/365...and the garnet n gold for all I care.

just-win-baby-al-davis.gif

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AU-24 said:

I don’t think he wants the job at Auburn or any other power five school

https://247sports.com/Article/Deion-Sanders-interviewed-for-three-Power-Five-jobs-discusses-NFL-Florida-State-interest-182727862/

"I interviewed for three Power Five jobs. I should’ve got em," Sanders said. "I was very, very, very good I may say in the interviews. In one of the interviews, I was so darn good, the guy asked me when could I start. ‘When can you really start?’ I told him when it was possible and they went in another direction. I wasn’t upset. That just means that God needed me to continue to be at Jackson State."

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Viper said:

https://247sports.com/Article/Deion-Sanders-interviewed-for-three-Power-Five-jobs-discusses-NFL-Florida-State-interest-182727862/

"I interviewed for three Power Five jobs. I should’ve got em," Sanders said. "I was very, very, very good I may say in the interviews. In one of the interviews, I was so darn good, the guy asked me when could I start. ‘When can you really start?’ I told him when it was possible and they went in another direction. I wasn’t upset. That just means that God needed me to continue to be at Jackson State."

It’s mentions the jobs he applied for but it also quotes that he says for now his job isn’t done at JSU. I guess the worst case scenario he says no

Edited by e808
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Viper said:

Still, GT has the jump on us. For our players, I hate feeling angry that we “won” this weekend but…

Edited by AUwent

On 9/26/2022 at 12:58 AM, e808 said:

It’s mentions the jobs he applied for but it also quotes that he says for now his job isn’t done at JSU. I guess the worst case scenario he says no

Inside-the-NBA-Rockets-Clippers-Locker-R

IF AU offers, Prime is 100% taking it.

Edited by Viper
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Still, GT has the jump on us. For our players, I hate feeling angry that we “won” this weekend but…

I've never heard a CFB HC not only step down mid-season, but then be announced mid-season he's the new HC of a different team.

That's not going to happen.

If you think our PTB isn't reaching out to HCs and their agents because they haven't fired Harsin yet...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AUwent said:

*If the bugs don’t beat us to the punch.

Sure, GT will get a formal interview before us, but that doesn't lock him in. He'll take all his interviews.

Most recruiters want the last shot at a guy.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Didba said:

Interesting, I can’t say I know much about him. Y’all saw him play ball, watched him grow up. He’s only been on my radar since he started coaching.  

I could see the potential for that with some of his interviews. 

He's selfish and self-centered, and has been that way since his time at FSU and in the pros. Like Red said: "It's all about him" period. He was a clown show at FSU, and a clown show in the NFL. Don't need or want that self-centered clown show on the Plains.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 9

Just now, cctiger said:

He's selfish and self-centered, and has been that way since his time at FSU and in the pros. Like Red said: "It's all about him" period. He was a clown show at FSU, and a clown show in the NFL. Don't need or want that self-centered clown show on the Plains.

Others have refuted this in this thread. He may have been that way when he was younger but apparently he turned his life around after his suicide attempt, he found Christ, focused on his family and on bettering himself as a person. 

People change, and grow as they get older. Sometimes at least. Depends on the person’s self-awareness. 

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, cctiger said:

Judging the guy for his college/playing days. That's been almost 25-30 years ago. C'mon man. 

Edited by TAYLORKEETON
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

Judging the guy for his college/playing days. c'mon man. 

Typical old guy yelling at clouds approach to life. 

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

If we wanted Prime and lost him to GT it’d be time to do some serious, serious  soul searching. The bright side of that happening is  that Kirby would have his current state of ga recruiting monopoly at risk.

You can’t call someone with high charisma self centered, arrogant and so on especially without anything to back it up. People laughed at him going to JSU and he instantly turned the program around. Dion has a way of reaching and relating to this generation. I’m all for it and the most Auburn thing would to NOT pick up the phone and make the call. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Man, I am old (54), but some of you act like you are 154.  It's a new game and the game is marketing and NIL.  If Auburn does not account for those two things in the next AD/coach hire, we are doomed.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

At this point, I’d take interesting. Boring, self destructive, and awful has become kinda monotonous for almost a decade. He’s a binary hire: huge positive impact or implodes.  No slow death in betweens.

• Like 2