For all the Coach Prime fans …

RunInRed

17 hours ago, SaturdayGT said:

I'm fully on board!...hes Dabo Sweeney on steroids!!...all he needs is an OC and a DC...we are straight 🔥 

I think this is the best description I have seen so far.  He is a Dabo Swinney on steroids!  

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Didba said:

Others have refuted this in this thread. He may have been that way when he was younger but apparently he turned his life around after his suicide attempt, he found Christ, focused on his family and on bettering himself as a person. 

People change, and grow as they get older. Sometimes at least. Depends on the person’s self-awareness. 

Didn't know about the suicide attempt Didba. Thanks for your reply and I respect your view on this.

• Like 5

Some of us need to deprogram ourselves from automatically dismissing the man as a show boater. You might be shocked to learn about how old school he really is as a coach. Is he known as some brilliant OC or DC guru? No. Was Dabo? Nope. But Dabo has proven you can win big by winning the hearts and minds of the players and coaches. Deon seems to have some of those same attributes.

https://www.si.com/college/2022/06/09/deion-sanders-fuels-rise-of-hbcu-football-daily-cover

All that being said, I seriously doubt a 100% united Auburn front could sway him enough to pursue this 24/7 meat grinder of a job. Read the article.

• Thanks 2

The only thing we really need to happen at AU is get the money flowing again.  I thought the money had stopped towards the end of Gus but this is another level.  Maybe set up some LLC and purchase some houses and sell them to some kids from Hawaii for $1 then buy back for 1,000,000.   

2 hours ago, cctiger said:

and a clown show in the NFL. 

YGBSM.   In his "prime" (sorry) for the Cowboys, Falcons, and 49ers, he was a premier shutdown corner, the best in the business, who had a borderline Hall-of- Fame level career.    Cmon, man.

• Like 1

We all know Prime can recruit.  Has anyone watched the games to see how his coaching is?  He is by far our recruiting his conference so I can’t really pay attention to his win-loss record. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, slyinsocal said:

Some of us need to deprogram ourselves from automatically dismissing the man as a show boater. You might be shocked to learn about how old school he really is as a coach. Is he known as some brilliant OC or DC guru? No. Was Dabo? Nope. But Dabo has proven you can win big by winning the hearts and minds of the players and coaches. Deon seems to have some of those same attributes.

https://www.si.com/college/2022/06/09/deion-sanders-fuels-rise-of-hbcu-football-daily-cover

All that being said, I seriously doubt a 100% united Auburn front could sway him enough to pursue this 24/7 meat grinder of a job. Read the article.

As a resident negabarner I still think we're going to reach a point in this search where Freeze and Travis will be the only remaining options I would accept.

2 hours ago, cctiger said:

Didn't know about the suicide attempt Didba. Thanks for your reply and I respect your view on this.

Drove a car off a cliff when with Dallas in the 90s. Walked away from a burning vehicle with barely a scratch 

19 hours ago, autigeremt said:

All us dedicated, old and worn out alumni/fans need to STFU and get out of the way. We’re dinosaurs so go form an oil field somewhere. 😂 

Not sure if you’re being sarcastic but I do think it’s time for the big donors to turn any (if it actually exists) input over to a younger crowd. Instead just provide input if asked. It’s time for AU to move on to the next generation of control so to speak. 

Edited by creed

16 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

We all know Prime can recruit.  Has anyone watched the games to see how his coaching is?  He is by far our recruiting his conference so I can’t really pay attention to his win-loss record. 

Saw clip the other day of his QB looking off 3 WRs before making the throw. Now granted the QB had more than 1.5 seconds

• Like 3

2 hours ago, JMassie11 said:

You can’t call someone with high charisma self centered, arrogant and so on especially without anything to back it up. People laughed at him going to JSU and he instantly turned the program around. Dion has a way of reaching and relating to this generation. I’m all for it and the most Auburn thing would to NOT pick up the phone and make the call. 

Agreed.  Prime is just extremely confident in himself and his beliefs.  That man has backed up the talk his entire career.  I've heard this guy praise players of all ages as an analyst and not to mention would usually coach the high school all star games.  This guy IMO has shown he's not as self centered as people say.  He's confident, yes, but that's because he can back it up.  Pulling the top overall recruit to a HBCU (right order?) is impressive in its own right.  

I would be game with him.  Auburn really needs positive press for this program right now.  One reason Bruce got us to buy in so quick (yes he did have a great coaching resume too) was the charisma he brought and how he sold this program day 1!  Prime is the best candidate out there in this regard that can absolutely bring the positive attention.  He has connections all over the game of football.  He will bring in a top notch staff.  He will not back down from Kirby or Saban for sure.  Not sure who my first choice would be but would be stoked if Prime is selected.  My opinion of course. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Best I can tell it’s all old people who are anti Deion.  His Neon days are long gone.  My gut tells me he, or someone similar, is the way to go.  There are a pile of retreads out there that I’m just not excited about.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

For Deion, it would come down to who we hires as his coordinators/staff. And I think he would hire very well. 

Sports are supposed to be entertainment, right? Who would be more entertaining? This program needs some excitement. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, AUBwins said:

Agreed.  Prime is just extremely confident in himself and his beliefs.  That man has backed up the talk his entire career.  I've heard this guy praise players of all ages as an analyst and not to mention would usually coach the high school all star games.  This guy IMO has shown he's not as self centered as people say.  He's confident, yes, but that's because he can back it up.  Pulling the top overall recruit to a HBCU (right order?) is impressive in its own right.  

I would be game with him.  Auburn really needs positive press for this program right now.  One reason Bruce got us to buy in so quick (yes he did have a great coaching resume too) was the charisma he brought and how he sold this program day 1!  Prime is the best candidate out there in this regard that can absolutely bring the positive attention.  He has connections all over the game of football.  He will bring in a top notch staff.  He will not back down from Kirby or Saban for sure.  Not sure who my first choice would be but would be stoked if Prime is selected.  My opinion of course. 

Could you imagine him and Bruce paired at the events

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

I also think he's serious about this coaching path in this stage of his career.

2 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

Man, I gotta say, he's not my first choice but I'd be lying if I didn't admit it would be really interesting to see what happens.

This is my feeling exactly.  I wish we had more on him at this level, other than his playing time.  I wouldn’t be one of those who says, “I’m giving Auburn up if we hire that guy!” Heck, I’d even be willing to hire Lil’ Nicky at this point. 🙄 Or would I? 🤔

8 minutes ago, JMassie11 said:

His current staff and not to mention Mike Zimmer as an analyst 

Well it's nice to see he also gives 2nd chances lol.  Just keep him away from the kickers.  Wanted him to fail since with the way he treated Daniel. 

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

Best I can tell it’s all old people who are anti Deion.  His Neon days are long gone.  My gut tells me he, or someone similar, is the way to go.  There are a pile of retreads out there that I’m just not excited about.

Howcan you tell it’s all old people?

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, creed said:

Not sure if you’re being sarcastic but I do think it’s time for the big donors to turn any (if it actually exists) input over to a younger crowd. Instead just provide input if asked. It’s time for AU to move on to the next generation of control so to speak. 

Start donating your millions and I’m sure they’d gladly hand over some control to you. 

• Like 2