For all the Coach Prime fans …

RunInRed

18 hours ago, e808 said:

How about the Shenker around is that the same as the cox cat or worse. Even the play to Deal a slightly faster tight end and that’s a touchdown. Robby probably could have thrown it a little better but he did have air under that throw.

That was a pretty god awful throw by Robert, to be fair. You had a good point though - I don’t know what the hell King has to do to get a target. Pretty much your best talented receiver no matter what position you label him as, and the guy gets a look like every 4 games lol 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Viper said:

https://247sports.com/Article/Deion-Sanders-interviewed-for-three-Power-Five-jobs-discusses-NFL-Florida-State-interest-182727862/

"I interviewed for three Power Five jobs. I should’ve got em," Sanders said. "I was very, very, very good I may say in the interviews. In one of the interviews, I was so darn good, the guy asked me when could I start. ‘When can you really start?’ I told him when it was possible and they went in another direction. I wasn’t upset. That just means that God needed me to continue to be at Jackson State."

Looks like, there may be hope!

47 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

Best I can tell it’s all old people who are anti Deion.  His Neon days are long gone.  My gut tells me he, or someone similar, is the way to go.  There are a pile of retreads out there that I’m just not excited about.

Whats worse than that, it might be OLD CASUALS!!!!

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

I understand the thinking for kiffin or freeze (or the other names). It’d be trading up and it’s a more assured outcome. No doubt we’d be better in 3 years. I don’t think this approach would scare saban or Kirby, but it would annoy them. No national championships, but we’re beating the Mississippi  schools again. 

Risk/reward has been thrown around a lot. For good reason. While the safer /“proven” coaches (warts and all) are stitches, Deion is a friggin defibrillator.  For good or for bad. He’s the only option I see that could turn the entrenched top teams hierarchy upside down and change the sec status quo. Top 3 recruiting classes, elite coordinators. The good outcome.

Or …. he could be a style but no depth train wreck. Wouldn’t be pretty. The bad outcome.

IMO Deion is a generational opportunity. I’m already miserable if it doesn’t work and I’ve done the beat the Mississippi schools, 8-9 win season thing. 
Go big. Roll the dice. Have some fun.

ps I’m in my 60s, Deion isn’t an age thing

Nice to hear that from your demographic. 

I understand why Deion seems risky because his lack of coaching experience. 

But we all agree he can recruit. If he can't coach in the SEC, we should know fairly quickly. And then he's gone and we are left with a much better roster. Which is the most important thing right now.

Seems riskier to go with a "safer" candidate right now, who might not be able to coach or recruit in the SEC West. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

If Dion Sanders becomes the HBC at Auburn, I imagine he has quite a few people that would agree to coach with him.
It’s just not going to happen in the SEC, JMHO. It would definitely shake things up though!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, autigeremt said:

All these years? How old are you? 

20 hours ago, autigeremt said:

All us dedicated, old and worn out alumni/fans need to STFU and get out of the way. We’re dinosaurs so go form an oil field somewhere. 😂 

Deion is my pick. I understand people not liking his attitude during his playing days (to some extent), but I've been watching how he handles himself, the fans, and his players at Jackson State. He has a way of channeling his ability to sell himself in to selling his program, development, and school. His players love playing for him and respect his opinion of their play. Check out the Grambling game from this year. Went in to half up 21-17 and playing down to their opponent, Prime lit fire in to them, and they came out and outscored Grambling 45-7 in the second half. That is either an attitude adjustment or scheme adjustment. I'm a fan of both. 

If you want instant eyes on Auburn and the ear of some big time recruits, hire Coach Prime. Whether you like his showmanship or not, the man knows relationships, he knows football, and he knows how to get a fanbase behind him.

• Like 5

I'm down. He's my Kiffen-on-steroids. The football world won't let a program build a dynasty right now. But there's opportunities to interupt the ones that exist. Flip the script, I say. And that whole statement was dismissive of Deion as a coach. Who the hell am I to dismiss him as a coach? He might be a bad-ass coach. Why not? 

Edited by jAUSon
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

I'm on the Deion train. It took me a while to get my ticket but I'm on board. I agree with the article regarding win or lose, you cut Harsin now. He IS the same coach either way. It's a failed experiment. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I'm actually sick of the concept of building a program and catching Saban and Kirby. It's a bull**** goal. There's not a hire on the planet that is going anywhere and building that type of machine by proven coaching. It's off the table. The hell with those guys, and their precedents. I'm all about the guy that can get them lol'd at in these young men' living rooms. That's the only way. Come out of left field and take their players away from them. There's a thousand coaches out there "prepared" with X's and O's. That's bull crap. Got to be a magnet and a motivator. Period. I know it's a stretch, but I don't care. I'm all in on CDS. 

• Like 5
  • Love 3

2 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

Deion is a friggin defibrillator

And Auburn Football is coding. 

• Like 3

Being one of those old guys who can't change with the times, well effu! I'd jump for joy (okay, only like 6 inches off the ground, but still ....) if Auburn could lure prime time. to the Plains.

That said, my questions remain.

Why would he even want to come to Auburn? Money? Yes, he's being paid peanuts -- not even boiled -- at JSU. But I'm not sure he'd abandon his players just for money.

The allure of SEC sparkle and glitz? Well, burdened with starting at the bottom in a much tougher conference.

He sold some players on giving up their prospects to play at an HB university, but could he recruit those same guys to predominately white Auburn? (Only 5.3% Black/African-American)

Could he assemble a coaching staff that can not only coach, but recruit?

And most of all, could he get buy-in from the PTB, pull in mega NIL money, combat the negativity while trying to rebuild a dumpster fire program?

I don't know the answer to these questions. All I know is, despite being one of those old guys (not as old as Golf), I'd be joyous with the hire even not knowing the answers to those questions. Because he'd be the antithesis, the antidote, to Harsin.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, JMassie11 said:

Drove a car off a cliff when with Dallas in the 90s. Walked away from a burning vehicle with barely a scratch 

40-60 foot drop, Deion said he walked away from the burning wreck, fell to his knees and prayed to God thanking him for letting Deion live. Or some such. Found some famous pastor, and became a believer full time. it is earlier in this thread posted by someone

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JMassie11 said:

Saw clip the other day of his QB looking off 3 WRs before making the throw. Now granted the QB had more than 1.5 seconds

QB happens to be his son, too... I think

• Like 1

Think about this too. Jax State has some pretty solid talent and we need depth badly. Couldn't hurt if he comes and brings some guys with him.  You know his son would, instantly a better QB than we have now you'd have to think

Edited by Didba
  • Like 1
  • Dislike 1

46 minutes ago, gr82be said:

And Auburn Football is coding. 

sdsd.gif.71f9dfe0047fe8bfe116fee4f2a4b4be.gif

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

37 minutes ago, AURex said:

Being one of those old guys who can't change with the times, well effu! I'd jump for joy (okay, only like 6 inches off the ground, but still ....) if Auburn could lure prime time. to the Plains.

That said, my questions remain.

Why would he even want to come to Auburn? Money? Yes, he's being paid peanuts -- not even boiled -- at JSU. But I'm not sure he'd abandon his players just for money.

The allure of SEC sparkle and glitz? Well, burdened with starting at the bottom in a much tougher conference.

He sold some players on giving up their prospects to play at an HB university, but could he recruit those same guys to predominately white Auburn? (Only 5.3% Black/African-American)

Could he assemble a coaching staff that can not only coach, but recruit?

And most of all, could he get buy-in from the PTB, pull in mega NIL money, combat the negativity while trying to rebuild a dumpster fire program?

I don't know the answer to these questions. All I know is, despite being one of those old guys (not as old as Golf), I'd be joyous with the hire even not knowing the answers to those questions. Because he'd be the antithesis, the antidote, to Harsin.

Hold up... ONLY 5.3% OF AUBURN's STUDENT BODY is AfricanA/Black???? My god man

Edited by Didba
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

Sanders Vs Grimes. That is quite the spectrum.

And supposedly the PTB want Freeze which means after a hired search firm and months of research we end up with Helton

11 minutes ago, Didba said:

Hold up... ONLY 5.3% OF AUBURN's STUDENT BODY is AfricanA/Black???? My god man

Thought the same thing. I started looking up the rest of the SEC. The higher percentages were Texas A&M, South Carolina, LSU, Ole Miss. I think Ole Miss is the one that surprised me, I think around 12%. 

12 minutes ago, JMassie11 said:

And supposedly the PTB want Freeze which means after a hired search firm and months of research we end up with Helton

Do they ? Because it seems like I am freaking the only person who wants that 

4 hours ago, creed said:

Not sure if you’re being sarcastic but I do think it’s time for the big donors to turn any (if it actually exists) input over to a younger crowd. Instead just provide input if asked. It’s time for AU to move on to the next generation of control so to speak. 

If the younger crowd is willing to pay up then come on down. 

• Like 1