Harsin's Recruits

kennypowers

4 hours ago, DAG said:

No. He failed in getting adequate offensive linemen here. I don’t care if they are JUCO dudes, you get new people in here. These guys have not gotten better in years. Shouldn’t expect any different . That is a massive abject failure by the staff. He is cooked. He is done. I like the guy. This isn’t the mode for him or his staff. Let’s stop being like Jeff Dahmer’s papa and quit with the caretaking ( yes I did watch that Netflix series).

I just started the series, is it worth it?

Did the team celebrate the "victory" in the locker room?

Even if Harsin could recruit, he sure as hell can't coach. As much as his lack of recruiting gets discussed, his lack of coaching (making proper adjustments) should be discussed more.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kennypowers said:

Given we have zero control over the situation, I'll choose to back Harsin.  As long as the players believe in him, I may as well.  Board is overrun by negativity.  Auburn fans...we think we're something special, but we're a disease at times.  

He is starting to lose the players as well.  I saw Wooden getting into an argument with Brumbaugh on the sideline as well as Tank shaking his head in disappointment.  Harsin also promised Holden more reps in the Missouri game and then decided to randomly throw him out there and two drives later yank him.  There is also a fiancee of one of the walk-ons who sits diagonally from me one row down get up and leave the game.  I have never, ever seen her do that.  She is a former AU cheerleader too so she is not prone to leaving games early.  We are in rough shape I am afraid. 

Edited by abw0004

4 hours ago, cbo said:

Auburn has ZERO 3rd down conversions in the fourth quarter in the last four P5 games plus the Houston game. 0 for 16 on 3rd down in the fourth quarter in those 5 games. That is completely insane. 

LSU has been at their best in the 4th quarter. 5 of their 7 TDs against FSU & MSU happened in the 4th quarter. 

They may not need to score in the 4th Q to beat us, but if it’s a one-score game heading into the 4th…

200.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

He is starting to lose the players as well.  I saw Wooden getting into an argument with Brumbaugh on the sideline as well as Tank shaking his head in disappointment.  Harsin also promised Holden more reps in the Missouri game and then decided to randomly throw him out there and two drives later yank him.  There is also a fiancee of one of the walk-ons who sits diagonally from me one row down get up and leave the game.  I have never, ever seen her do that.  She is a former AU cheerleader too so she is not prone to leaving games early.  We are in rough shape I am afraid. 

Sounds like a bunch of personal observations and translations from the bleachers.  

• Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 2

8 minutes ago, kennypowers said:

Sounds like a bunch of personal observations and translations from the bleachers.  

Not the Geriner part.  I know their family extremely well.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, kennypowers said:

I think he's the right coach.

Can you please tell me in year two anywhere that the team is better? Offense, defense, special teams, recruiting, personnel, NIL, plays, schemes? Is there anything in our football program that you can point to and say “that is an improvement”? I just want to understand how you could possibly say that. 

I can understand pulling for the players. I was at the game and that was what I was doing. And I can understand wanting what is best for Auburn. That is what I want. But I don’t understand how you think he is the right coach for the future. Help me understand your reasoning... Give me hope. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, autiger88 said:

I just started the series, is it worth it?

It’s very good . People say it’s intense but you know …mental health…but this is too the extreme 

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

How very TMZ of you 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, DAG said:

It’s very good . People say it’s intense but you know …mental health…but this is too the extreme 

Cool just wanted to know if it's worth it. I just finished the first episode, it was good. 

Just now, autiger88 said:

Cool just wanted to know if it's worth it. I just finished the first episode, it was good. 

I was floored when I found out this all happened in Milwaukee 

• Haha 1

Just now, DAG said:

I was floored when I found out this all happened in Milwaukee 

Did you not know before hand?

In your defense I'm a huge documentary person so I have watched one or two of him lol.  🤣 

2 hours ago, kennypowers said:

Given we have zero control over the situation, I'll choose to back Harsin.  As long as the players believe in him, I may as well.  Board is overrun by negativity.  Auburn fans...we think we're something special, but we're a disease at times.  

I was with you until last week, then this week, Harsin's in game decision making serves Mizzou the game with two minutes left on the clock. 

Can't support a coach that makes such brain dead calls with the game on the line, two minutes left, with the ball in field goal range on fourth and one.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, autiger88 said:

Did you not know before hand?

In your defense I'm a huge documentary person so I have watched one or two of him lol.  🤣 

Nope. I had no clue 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kennypowers said:

Here's this nice picture for you to save and post in a couple of weeks, I got good use out of it after the PSU game.

kughkvovov.jpg.dc060620e687914fa447a84ffeb36f27.jpg

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, autiger88 said:

It's ok now you know 🤣 just make sure you lock your door at night or his ghost will get ya. 😎😁

I feel like I could go into a great psychoanalysis of this but I won’t lol

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DAG said:

I feel like I could go into a great psychoanalysis of this but I won’t lol

Oh feel free, I don't believe in ghost but I'm all for learning brother. 

12 hours ago, bigbird said:

Koy, Omari, and Camden all looked significantly quicker with better/more consistent hands than our starters

Omari one of the quickest freshmen I've seen In a while 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, kennypowers said:

Other than tank and shenk... all Harsin's guys that signed, freshman mostly, beat an SEC team.  Defensive side the vets gave them what they needed.  All new guys touching the ball and getting the W.  Bright side?  I think he's the right coach.  I just don't think he'll get the time to show it.  

I think he's got a good coaching philosophy, but he's not a good marriage with Auburn. 

In 11 P5 games, he's been outscored in the 2nd half 124-38. 

That's a problem.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, abw0004 said:

" The beginning of the end starts when the team unravels from the inside"  NWALA TIGER 

13 hours ago, Didba said:

#0 has been a major disappointment. I thought he'd take the next step this year. Not so.

He played an incredible first half against Penn State. But that obviously was ruined by the result.

22 hours ago, milehighfan said:

Auburn will have a very hard time scoring points this year because the OL is soooo bad. If you think the current OL is bad just wait until next year when this bunch that couldn't push me out of the way is gone. Hopefully, we'll have recruited some new beef that can do more than just take up space.

Yup and is why I didn't laugh at FSU's perennial OL issues post-Jimbo. Because if it can happen to FSU, it can happen to any program.

I'm afraid we're in for more of the same unless we land a rockstar HC.

Oh wait...there's one now......

deion-sanders.gif