What if we won?

cole256

A 100% healthy, disciplined, and well-coached version of this team would've needed several miracles to upset UGA. In the absence of those things, Auburn will be lucky to lose by 30.

More importantly, if the decision to fire Harsin is contingent on the outcome of the UGA (or any other) game then the decision has already been made.

Edited by AUAlumnTN

It would take several Georgia turnovers into touchdowns (aka 2019 Alabama game) and several long touchdown plays by Auburn to even be close.   
i honestly believe that Georgia could lineup and run the ball every play and they would still win (with Ashford as QB).   If TJ can play, it at least gives the appearance of someone that can somewhat pass.  Auburn won’t be able to block them long enough to be consistent at throwing even with TJ.  

• Like 2

Not like we're at the level of Appalachian State or Middle Tennessee yet. *phfffft* But I'd run out and buy a lottery ticket after the final whistle if that kind of miracle happens.

2 minutes ago, AUx said:

Not like we're at the level of Appalachian State or Middle Tennessee yet. *phfffft* But I'd run out and buy a lottery ticket after the final whistle if that kind of miracle happens.

Yeah but, I don't want to play either of those teams this year either.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Viper said:

The last time AU scored more than 10 points in Athens was 2009. This question is idiotic. 

Good Grief. That is pathetic.

One of the biggest issues Gus had was that his teams hardly ever showed up if the game was in Athens, Tuscaloosa, or Baton Rouge.

Auburn virtually has no shot to win this game but if someone other than Kirby was in charge, I would say a crazy upset would be on the table. It's still early, but Kirby's teams are molding into Alabama teams in that they will not lose to unranked teams (yes @TAMU 2021 was the lone exception since 08 for Bama). I would bet UGA didn't even prep for Kent State last week and have been prepping for Auburn for two weeks.

Edited by woodford
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

Does anybody believe we can actually beat uga?

No chance in hell for UGA, especially in Athens.  Since 2006 Auburn has only won 3 games (and hasn't won in Athens since 2005)! Chizik and Gus both sucked against Georgia. Chizik was 1-3 and Gus was 2-7.

Sad!

3 hours ago, aublue88 said:

It is why they play the game and you can never tell what could happen on any day.  

The last time I remember someone said this was the week of the 2018 Iron Bowl, despite everyone else knowing what would happen. 52 points later, that guy vanished.

• Haha 1