What if we won?

cole256

If I was a betting man there is no way in hell I would ever bet on us to win this. With that being said, there is always a chance that things go one way or another. The football bounces funny. Would anybody have believed we would have had a shot to beat Alabama last year?  Did anybody think App St would beat Michigan years ago? Or Texas AM this year? What about MTSU?  It's why we play the games. I predict 55-12 UGA lol

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Would anybody have believed we would have had a shot to beat Alabama last year?

That was at JH. Since 2007, AU has played its absolute worst in Athens. By halftime, we’ll need Duke Evers to do the honors…

ciZITkm.gif

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Viper said:

That was at JH. Since 2007, AU has played its absolute worst in Athens. By halftime, we’ll need Duke Evers to do the honors…

ciZITkm.gif

I know it was JH, but the point still stands. It is always possible for any team to win...however unlikely.

giphy.gif

• Love 1

1 minute ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I know it was JH, but the point still stands. It is always possible for any team to win...however unlikely.

giphy.gif

At least it’ll be close around 2:30pm.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Would be the biggest upset in any sport ive heard of tbh. 

The last time we were this bad and the opponent was this good, on the road, was 11/24/12.

After the 1st Q, I turned on my PS2 and beat the crap out of them.

• Love 1

26 minutes ago, Viper said:

The last time we were this bad and the opponent was this good, on the road, was 11/24/12.

After the 1st Q, I turned on my PS2 and beat the crap out of them.

Definitely a bit of a mismatch! With our luck, I would not be shocked to see Harsin win and we’re then forced to keep the guy until at least the end of the season. Sanders ends up going to Texas A&M or something. We get Rhett Lashlee 

• Haha 2

The coaching staff would have to figure out a scheme or something against LSU that helps the Oline block and keeps LBs out of the backfield.  Tank had 62 yards after contact against Missouri but only 44 total yards meaning he was hit deep in the backfield and was able to improve where he was but still lose yards.  That can’t happen against good teams.  I think UGA will take their foot off the gas early and let some younger guys get reps.  Hopefully that’ll help keep the score less embarrassing.

6 hours ago, cole256 said:

Does anybody believe we can actually beat uga?

No.  The PTB are waiting for a big loss to get the optics for the firing right.   This will probably be it.  Unless they turn another apathetic Kent St performance. 

6 hours ago, Viper said:

The last time AU scored more than 10 points in Athens was 2009. This question is idiotic. 

And, if memory serves me, 7 of those points were a kickoff return for a TD. 

If we beat UGA, we all will have been very very wrong about Harsin, and he will have saved his job. That said, no chance in hell.  I’ll just be happy if we keep it within 3 scores. 

1 hour ago, ScotsAU said:

And, if memory serves me, 7 of those points were a kickoff return for a TD. 

Yup, Demond Washington deliberately dropping the ball while crossing the goal line. Lucky it wasn't reviewed.

2 minutes ago, AUBURNJAC said:

Damn right we can! 68-3 AU! 😎

Cole meant this season. 

3 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Would be the biggest upset in any sport ive heard of tbh. 

maybe if the Almighty showed up to play center. But then, Harsin would probably tell Him he hasn't earned the playing time and ride the pine.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ScotsAU said:

If we beat UGA, we all will have been very very wrong about Harsin...

I don't think that's what it would mean.  

It might mean we were witnessing the biggest thrown game in history.  It might mean 3/4 of the UGA team were out with COVID.  It might mean we should be watching for the StayPuff Marshmallow Man to rampage through town any minute.

But it wouldn't mean we were wrong about Harsin.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, cole256 said:

Then I'll lose the 1$ bet I'll have placed against us to keep my overall win% up.

At the same time, beating UGA could mean Harsin is just a late bloomer for the SEC and is becoming a badass coach. We go undefeated from that point on as UGA is the best team in the country at this point. Harsin then turns in a top 3 recruiting class and Auburns crazy rise to the top causes trailer parks to erupt in violence across the state as bammer fans turn on each other.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, cole256 said:

There's not a chance in h#ll that Auburn will beat UGA. I doubt the Tigers will even score a TD. A fg would be a miracle. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, cole256 said:

Well, we are 4-4 against LSU since 2014 with 2 being big blowouts. We've won the last 2 times we've played LSU. This weekend we play one of the worst LSU teams in recent memory, even though they're 3-1 like us but they're an ugly 3-1 just like we are. The game is also in Jordan Hare and as of today LSU is a 9 point favorite. 

If Vegas thinks we are that big of an underdog, at home, to an average LSU team then there's no telling how big of an underdog we'll be against the reigning National Champs in their house. Also, many are saying Georgia is even better than last year. 

So, not just no but HELL NAW I don't see us winning this one. I think Kirby will have his 2nd string guys in by the 2nd half kickoff.