Who is your #1?

AUinMS9528

5 hours ago, cole256 said:

If one day you came on and said you were Cole the entire time at least 10 people head's would explode at the thought they were being nice and agreeing with me this entire time😂

I thought of that the other day, but it was in regards to Golf and I.  You and I would be just as funny.

• Haha 1

Bruce Feldman said on a podcast that Georgia Tech was interested in Sanders, but Feldman said Deion would be in play for the soon to be vacant Auburn job.

On 9/27/2022 at 2:08 PM, AUinMS9528 said:

Who is your top choice to replace CBH?   And please state why he’s your top choice.   I would love a little bit of transparency in stating some pros and cons of the hire in your post.   
Then, let’s see if we can refrain from any name calling, petty arguing, or references to Gus (unless of course he is your top choice🤣).   Let’s see how long this will last…..

Freeze - he’s already won in the SEC, will bring in top notch recruiters, and I’ve seen him coach circles around the angry yard gnome

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

8 minutes ago, pensacolatiger said:

Freeze - he’s already won in the SEC, will bring in top notch recruiters, and I’ve seen him coach circles around the angry yard gnome

My problem is that all but one of his seasons was vacated (albeit that one was his best!) Yes it’s legal now but no longer a unique advantage. If Matt Luke were interested in coming back to the game (doesn’t sound like he is) then I’d be much higher on him.

Edited by AUwent

34 minutes ago, AUwent said:

My problem is that all but one of his seasons was vacated (albeit that one was his best!) Yes it’s legal now but no longer a unique advantage. If Matt Luke were interested in coming back to the game (doesn’t sound like he is) then I’d be much higher on him.

Honestly - I think anyone beating bama will run into rule violation situations.  They are insecure little turds that scour the earth for anyone beating them

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

Freeze feels like it’s 2am  and he’s the last girl in the bar.  He’ll definitely take the job. I won’t start a pro Deion rant  but, respectfully, does anyone actually believe Freeze is going to take on the Kirby and Saban juggernauts with his (and AUs ) current brand?  It’s a yawner (Gus’ish) and he’s just a mess. IMO There’s only 2 outcomes with Freeze  4 years from now: we’re still losing to uga and bama (add 1 or 2 other school names) … but by less, or we’re on probation and he’s doing time.  Great.

Distant #2 Kiffen. Very distant

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, e808 said:

My choices 
#1 freeze

# 2 freeze

# 3 kiffin

I already gave my two cents on Deion

Man, I really liked Freeze for a while. After thinking more about him and reading about his latest misstep, I can't trust the guy. 

He might have a good year or two. But I think the scrutiny of a big time program will be too much for him. He keeps showing himself to be a clown. 

And maybe it's personal bias, but his current landing spot does not inspire confidence. A school founded and led by big talkers who don't come close to doing what they preach. Hypocrites. Freeze seems like a phony that will ultimately be exposed. Again. 

• Like 4

As far as recruiting everyone knows nobody could touch Sanders but this was still next level to me,

The 5 star who went there name is Travis Hunter, but before his first game as he's running on the field he walked up to Sanders and started crying a little thanking Sanders for the opportunity. Sanders hugged him and blocked the camera from him and told him to go dominate.

Now I'll credit Hunter's parents before anybody for his character but for a 5 star guy who literally EVERYBODY wanted to feel that much love and respect for his coach is amazing. That type of stuff can't be replicated, and every player want it.

Like I said as far as where we are at and how we are viewed in the recruiting circuit right now......we really need that.

I would like for everybody to actually think of the kids though, we should want what's best for them. So even if it's not Sanders I hope it's somebody that actually cares.....

If you are saying somebody like urban....I just don't think you really care and that's seems to be the problem with the current staff

• Like 2
  • Love 3

Harsin with a fully funded NIL is my #1 choice. The same folks screaming Malzahn left us w/ nothing also scream Harsin's 3-1 needs style points with Malzahns O line. This thread screams spoiled child immediate gratification.

• Haha 2
  • Facepalm 4
  • Dislike 1

4 hours ago, DAG said:

He is absolutely the safe, prototypical choice. 

A non proven SEC HC is never gonna be the safest bet. Every time you hire a coordinator or a non P5 HC you’re playing the stock market.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

A non proven SEC HC is never gonna be the safest bet. Every time you hire a coordinator or a non P5 HC you’re playing the stock market.

Probably bad wording on my part. I meant it is a typical pick for Auburn. Not out of the box. The last one was CBH and I don't think people want to risk that anymore.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, cole256 said:

As far as recruiting everyone knows nobody could touch Sanders but this was still next level to me,

The 5 star who went there name is Travis Hunter, but before his first game as he's running on the field he walked up to Sanders and started crying a little thanking Sanders for the opportunity. Sanders hugged him and blocked the camera from him and told him to go dominate.

Now I'll credit Hunter's parents before anybody for his character but for a 5 star guy who literally EVERYBODY wanted to feel that much love and respect for his coach is amazing. That type of stuff can't be replicated, and every player want it.

Like I said as far as where we are at and how we are viewed in the recruiting circuit right now......we really need that.

I would like for everybody to actually think of the kids though, we should want what's best for them. So even if it's not Sanders I hope it's somebody that actually cares.....

If you are saying somebody like urban....I just don't think you really care and that's seems to be the problem with the current staff

Man, great post. Love everything about this. You are convincing me on Deion more and more. That's what we need. 

Question for you. Do you know anything about the Prime Prep Academy? This 100% will come up if by some chance Deion comes to Auburn. It doesn't seem like it went well. But I don't know much and I'm not sure it even matters. Just interested in your thoughts.

• Like 1

Grimes would absolutely be a home run hire. Anyone calling him a “typical Auburn/JABA hire” needs a reality check.

But there is no way he would pass up being promoted at Baylor in the likely case Aranda bolts to Lincoln. 

Edited by AUwent

12 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Grimes would absolutely be a home run hire. Anyone calling him a “typical Auburn/JABA hire” needs a reality check.

But there is no way he would pass up being promoted at Baylor in the likely case Aranda bolts to Lincoln. 

I'm the one that said that, and you left off why I said it, and everything I said was true. People are advocating for him because he was already a position coach here. He fits the look like us, auburn man stuff that people feel. As you can see hardly anybody brought up his lack of head coaching experience, he's getting that pass.

None of that means he's a bad coach and nobody said he was, he's a typical low risk so let's go with that type of hire. If for some reason he can't recruit at a super high level we'll be like Kentucky and arky and those schools. We think we have a good coach if only we had the talent.

If he can recruit very well we may have something good. Nobody can argue with that. Or I should say nothing I said was untrue

18 minutes ago, AUwent said:

You are the absolute last person that needs to be questioning anybody reality orientation with some of the stuff you post. 

• Haha 3

48 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

Harsin with a fully funded NIL is my #1 choice. The same folks screaming Malzahn left us w/ nothing also scream Harsin's 3-1 needs style points with Malzahns O line. This thread screams spoiled child immediate gratification.

10 It's Always Sunny Quotes You Probably Say All the Time

• Haha 3

49 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

Bruh you bold to post that here…good luck…

• Facepalm 1