Who is your #1?

AUinMS9528

8 minutes ago, DAG said:

You are the absolute last person that needs to be questioning anybody reality orientation with some of the stuff you post. 

Well, I think we’re going to be getting your choice 🧊 . So the point is moot.

Edited by AUwent

26 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Grimes would absolutely be a home run hire. Anyone calling him a “typical Auburn/JABA hire” needs a reality check.

But there is no way he would pass up being promoted at Baylor in the likely case Aranda bolts to Lincoln. 

Imo he would be a JABA hire…he falls in line with Chizik and Malzahn. Coaches who were part of previous regimes where there was success. 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Didba said:

Hell no. See his time at the Jax Jaguars where he made a fool of himself, verbally abused his players, and coaches, everyone hated him. He’s toxic, kicked his kicker in the ass for no reason. Shoved his hand up a chick’s bum while his team flew home after a loss. 

go listen to player and coaches interviews from his time at the Jags. He would come into the locker room and threaten to fire all of his coaches on a daily basis. Blame every loss on the players and his coaches. Never accepted responsibility for the losses himself. 

I’m just gonna assume you guys are saying Urban because y’all didn’t follow his time as the Jags head coach. 

these provisional clauses you refer to won’t get put in his contract because he won’t come here if you try to do that. No coach will as many of us on the legal side of things have opined too. 

I guess you don’t remember how much the media in Miami HATED Saban and his demeaning & degrading interviews? He even stepped over a player that was having a seizure and walked away disgusted. 

His NFL career was a disaster before he came back to college. Pro Football isn’t for some people. Urban Meyer is a college coach that has tried to bounce around different places, but I believe he has one last stop to make. I just hope it’s Auburn.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

Imo he would be a JABA hire…he falls in line with Chizik and Malzahn. Coaches who were part of previous regimes where there was success. 

Who’s your pick then? I don’t see your name in any of the options incl other in the poll.

1 hour ago, aucanucktiger said:

Harsin with a fully funded NIL is my #1 choice. The same folks screaming Malzahn left us w/ nothing also scream Harsin's 3-1 needs style points with Malzahns O line. This thread screams spoiled child immediate gratification.

tumblr_mu47a1xN1H1s0u7yko1_400.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Well, I think we’re going to be getting your choice 🧊 . So the point is moot.

Well if you say so then it won’t happen 🙃

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, AUwent said:

Who’s your pick then? I don’t see your name in any of the options incl other in the poll.

Like you I like Grimes just not at 1…I think it would still be a lazy JABA hire hoping we hit like we did before. Deion is my 1a choice but I doubt if he leaves so soon. I like Matt Rhule as my 1b choice, he turned around 2 programs, and has a proven track record of success as a HC - and if he does not do well at Carolina this year he could be available. 

9 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

Like you I like Grimes just not at 1…I think it would still be a lazy JABA hire hoping we hit like we did before. Deion is my 1a choice but I doubt if he leaves so soon. I like Matt Rhule as my 1b choice, he turned around 2 programs, and has a proven track record of success as a HC - and if he does not do well at Carolina this year he could be available. 

I don't think Grimes is a lazy JABA hire, but he is definitely not an outside the box choice. I'm with you on Deion 1a and Rhule 1b.

Give it to Monken and have him bring Muschamp with him as the DC. We'll have a good Offense w/ a heck of a line and QBs who actually get coached.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

He won’t be available till end of nfl season if then. That will be too late for AU. If AU fires Harsin, it will be in time to name a replacement b4 ESP.

1 hour ago, aucanucktiger said:

Harsin with a fully funded NIL is my #1 choice. The same folks screaming Malzahn left us w/ nothing also scream Harsin's 3-1 needs style points with Malzahns O line. This thread screams spoiled child immediate gratification.

If you need help with the alcohol problem that you seem to be experiencing try AA I heard it works wonders. 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, cbo said:

10 It's Always Sunny Quotes You Probably Say All the Time

A lot of Auburn fans get attached to some really crappy coaches. Its always the evil “PTB” causing the pitiful performances, never the coach who has ran the program in the ground.

• Thanks 2
  • Love 1

Dave Aranda should be #1 on the list for a number of reasons:

• As DC, Aranda made Utah State a top 15 defense in every category in his one and only season.  This made him a Broyles finalist.
  • His next stop was Wisconsin and he had a top 10 defense all three of his seasons there.
  • His next stop was LSU and he had a top 10 defense his first two seasons. 
  • LSU gave him a new contract and made him the highest paid assistant in America at the time ($2.5 million a year).
  • Aranda was DC for the 2019 LSU NC team.
  • His next stop was as Baylor's head coach.
  • In his 2nd year at Baylor he went 12-2, won the Big-12, and held Kiffin to 7 points in the Sugar Bowl.  His team is 3-1 this season (lost in OT to BYU) and has a big game this weekend vs. Okie State.
  • Aranda is widely respected in the coaching ranks - there would be no snickering by rival coaches if AU hired him.
  • Except for perhaps Meyer, I think Aranda is the best pure football coach that I have seen listed as a candidate.
  • Unlike many names I see, Aranda is a realistic hire.  It would take money, but I think he would leave Baylor with the right contract (and assurances of no meddling). 
  • Aranda is still young at age 45.

So Aranda has everything I would want: SEC experience, head coaching experience, a good age, and a lot of success both as DC and HC.  In my opinion, AU should throw the bank at him and make him say no.  If he does, he does.  But they have to try.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, hogmen said:

i wouild at least call sam pittman   turning arkansas from 2-10 to 9-4  in 2 years is amazing   

Go sit in the corner for that comment 😒 

Grimes is high on lists of Auburn fans bc the Auburn connection makes him more realistic than most, but people don’t want Grimes purely (or primarily) bc of Auburn ties. It’s asinine to consider that a JABA hire, and it’s even wilder to compare it to hiring Chizik, who had one of the worst HC starts a HC could have when we plucked him. The Malzahn comparison is much more valid 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

If ethics are of no concern we may as well kick the tires on one slightly used Art Briles. Or Perhaps a Jon Gruden?

• Haha 2
  • Angry 1

I honestly don’t want to look at anyone that’s a name mainly bc he had past success here. Muschamp as a DC isn’t ideal for a few reasons: 1. There’s gotta be some reason he hasn’t bounced back to a real job by now (or at least been rumored) 2. The team that does hire him as the guy at DC is going to do so knowing that he either doesn’t have it anymore or he does and will go back to HCing 

As far as actual HC candidates go, not sure if I love Monken, but his offensive designs have been wonderful. Just not sure if he has the program restoration chops, and I definitely don’t know if his scheme will look as good when he’s calling for the ~8th most talented team in conference instead of the 1st. And if he’s bringing a best of from UGA’s staff, most of the guys remaining came on after Kirby already built that thing 

1 hour ago, PoetTiger said:

Its not lazy at all.  Grimes hasn't been at Auburn in a decade.  And most importantly, he has had success at multiple stops after leaving AU, including leading one of the top offenses in the country while at BYU.

His offense is a great hybrid of physical football with a spread concept.

Baylor plays a very good Oklahoma State team at 2:30 this Saturday.  Watch some of that game and you may change your tune a bit.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CameronCrazy said:

I guess you don’t remember how much the media in Miami HATED Saban and his demeaning & degrading interviews? He even stepped over a player that was having a seizure and walked away disgusted. 

His NFL career was a disaster before he came back to college. Pro Football isn’t for some people. Urban Meyer is a college coach that has tried to bounce around different places, but I believe he has one last stop to make. I just hope it’s Auburn.

Soft.

sadpizza_medium.gif.5394144a913a6dee071ab8a37fe08c54.gif

Edited by Didba
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

asdf.gif.4ee6aabbde9c15b9817efc0e75638cc1.gif