Hurricane Ian...Its coming

augolf1716

Having been through this so many times, it is terrible and our prayers are with you. 
If you are staying take care and be prepared to be without power for several days. Also know that stores may be closed and no gas for several days. 

and keep a weather radio handy 

5 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

I did hit a ball while the eye passed over we I lived in West Palm Beach, Fl that was weird

pictures. link.

cover your interior walls with stacked cases of PBR. Oh, and you might do that if there's ever a hurricane, too.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Prayers for all in SW and Central Fl. I'm ready I hope!!!!!

Cat 4

Fdr6XS4UYAAWhmW?format=jpg&name=small

Can you go stay with family or is it too late? My Dad and I don’t play with these bad boys once they get above Cat 2. He’s in the insurance business so he specialize in hurricane stuff. 

13 minutes ago, AUx said:

pictures. link.

cover your interior walls with stacked cases of PBR. Oh, and you might do that if there's ever a hurricane, too.

I'm covered 

• Love 1

13 minutes ago, Didba said:

Can you go stay with family or is it too late? My Dad and I don’t play with these bad boys once they get above Cat 2. He’s in the insurance business so he specialize in hurricane stuff. 

We're staying as long as it doesn't get to a Cat 3 for us in Orlando we stay. We've been thru enough of these but go to be prepared just in case. thanks for asking

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Golf, stay safe man. Maybe you should head on up to North Alabama for a few days. The weather is fine up here, all the way from Tuscumbia to Russellville. 

• Love 1

3 hours ago, AUx said:

Golf_Hurricane.jpg

When I was on Okinawa in 1987, I played a round at Kadena AB golf course with a typhoon nearby -- the only round I ever played where I HAD to take the wind into account while putting.  I can tell you that any umbrella would be useless & made a flying hazard in a short time.  Also, shorts were a must and a baseball cap was the only thing to stay on my head.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

We're staying as long as it doesn't get to a Cat 3 for us in Orlando we stay. We've been thru enough of these but go to be prepared just in case. thanks for asking

I pray all is well with you and yours❤️👍

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, MagnoliaGoldie said:

Sending everyone prayers of safety and that the hurricane plays like our o line! 

Maybe it’ll get shanked off to the side like the Vandy kicker.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, AUloggerhead said:

When I was on Okinawa in 1987, I played a round at Kadena AB golf course with a typhoon nearby -- the only round I ever played where I HAD to take the wind into account while putting.  I can tell you that any umbrella would be useless & made a flying hazard in a short time.  Also, shorts were a must and a baseball cap was the only thing to stay on my head.   

now you'd have to play around a forward-based X-band radar, too

I'm so thankful this one will miss us, but I feel bad for those who are in the Naples, Sarasota and Tampa areas. Experiencing a hurricane is something I never want to do ever again. Once was enough. I hope those who stayed in their homes make it through Ian safely and have minimal damage.