Juicy Tidbits

AUApostle

Just now, ShocksMyBrain said:

Getting outscored something like 94-21 in the second halves of games since he’s been coach should be enough to make everyone fed up. 

You would think but you have that 1% that apparently think we are headed in the right direction somehow. Lol 

52 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

You would think but you have that 1% that apparently think we are headed in the right direction somehow. Lol 

Gotta give him time to work and get his recruits!

Edited by ShocksMyBrain
  • Haha 4

51 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Getting outscored something like 94-21 in the second halves of games since he’s been coach should be enough to make everyone fed up. 

yeah its actually worse than that...

In its last seven games against Power 5 opponents going back to last season’s win at Ole Miss, Auburn has been out-scored 116-21 in the second half. AU is just 9 of 49 (18.4 percent) on third down conversions and averaging 2.9 rushing yards per carry. - source  https://auburn.rivals.com/news/second-halves-of-futility-auburn-tigers-football

• Sad 1

Just now, bishoptf said:

In its last seven games against Power 5 opponents going back to last season’s win at Ole Miss, Auburn has been out-scored 116-21 in the second half. AU is just 9 of 49 (18.4 percent) on third down conversions and averaging 2.9 rushing yards per carry. - source  https://auburn.rivals.com/news/second-halves-of-futility-auburn-tigers-football

Great coach. 10/10 would hire again. 

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, bishoptf said:

This stat alone should be grounds to fire for cause

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jaba4ever said:

With enough time and resources, we could finish as high as 13th in the SEC!

Oh yeah let's go ahead and sign him for a lifetime contract so we can always finish 13th or 14th and create a great rivalry with Vandy.😎

Edited by autiger88

3 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

Oh yeah let's go ahead and sign him for a lifetime contract so we can always finish 13th or 14th and create a great rivalry with Vandy( they did beat us last time we played them)😎

I want to laugh, but it hurts...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, autiger88 said:

I know its bad but damn I didnt even realize that. 😒 People still think we are headed in the right direction. 🙄

Just folks from Maryland apparently. 

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, autiger88 said:

( they did beat us last time we played them)😎

No they didn't. We beat them with a 1 armed snowboarder at QB in 2016. 

20 minutes ago, AUDub said:

No they didn't. We beat them with a 1 armed snowboarder at QB in 2016. 

You are correct sir I apologize, I was thinking of 2012 not 16.  However my joke still stands.

Edited by autiger88

5 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

His present staff has a great deal of NFL experience.

I'd be more impressed with a staff that has a great deal of SEC experience.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

We're more or less in a holding pattern while other things get lined up.  President Roberts is zeroing in on a permanent AD and that AD is going to be the one making the next hire.  Meanwhile we have a bye week coming after the LSU and Georgia games.  If he thinks he'll have an AD in place by that off week, he may let him decide on the timing of letting Harsin go.  If not, the Interim AD McGlynn will be the hatchet man.  But I just don't see anything happening sooner than the off week unless LSU just embarrasses us Saturday or something.

Until then, it's gonna be rather quiet I think.

This lines up with what my contact on staff had to say.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

We're more or less in a holding pattern while other things get lined up.  President Roberts is zeroing in on a permanent AD and that AD is going to be the one making the next hire.  Meanwhile we have a bye week coming after the LSU and Georgia games.  If he thinks he'll have an AD in place by that off week, he may let him decide on the timing of letting Harsin go.  If not, the Interim AD McGlynn will be the hatchet man.  But I just don't see anything happening sooner than the off week unless LSU just embarrasses us Saturday or something.

Until then, it's gonna be rather quiet I think.

If it’s down to Hartwell and McGlynn, then it needs to be Hartwell, because if McGlynn is the pick I don’t see the point in waiting. 🤷‍♂️ 

(Also, I’d much rather have Hartwell lol. Luckily for us, the only teams to beat us to the punch on starting the search who have an AD are Nebraska and Zona State.)

Edited by AUwent

4 hours ago, ThereGoesDavis said:

My dog just left a juicy tidbit in the backyard. 

It looked identical to a Harsin offense 

If this were a contest then you just won. Genuinely laughed out loud at this. 

• Like 1

Random thoughts:

2nd half and especially 4th Q stats come down to depth and coaching.   That explains why we’re so abysmal in the 2nd half!   We’re low on quality depth and our coaches can’t adjust once the other team has made their adjustments.   
Anyone close to JSU or the SWAC is going to say Deion isn’t going anywhere because Deion is doing a fantastic job of selling the program and getting buy in from his players, staff, admin, and fans.   I believe he has the drive to really be successful at a high level of coaching.   Therefore I believe it’s only a matter of when and where he makes the jump to P5 football at a program that can win big!   If UA, beating saban, etc are factors, it’s hard to find a better option than AU. 
What happens with our AD situation in the next couple of weeks will speak volumes as to what the plan is moving forward.    

8 minutes ago, AUinMS9528 said:

Random thoughts:

2nd half and especially 4th Q stats come down to depth and coaching.   That explains why we’re so abysmal in the 2nd half!   We’re low on quality depth and our coaches can’t adjust once the other team has made their adjustments.   
Anyone close to JSU or the SWAC is going to say Deion isn’t going anywhere because Deion is doing a fantastic job of selling the program and getting buy in from his players, staff, admin, and fans.   I believe he has the drive to really be successful at a high level of coaching.   Therefore I believe it’s only a matter of when and where he makes the jump to P5 football at a program that can win big!   If UA, beating saban, etc are factors, it’s hard to find a better option than AU. 
What happens with our AD situation in the next couple of weeks will speak volumes as to what the plan is moving forward.    

you-had-me-worried-there-for-a-second-i-was-concerned.gif