Juicy Tidbits

AUApostle

2 minutes ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

ChadMorris level bad? I remember when au fans wanted morris after clemson found some success. In some respects i feel like we as a fanbase deserve a decade of pain and heartache. 

We're no different than any other SEC school. Alabama went through this before they lucked into Saban. Georgia was lukewarm under Richt for years. The jury's still out on Florida and Tennessee and A&M is still not there. 

We made a bad hire. They guy who made it is gone and soon they bad hire will be gone. Hopefully we learned something. We'll see. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1

13 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Grew up going to St George, Cape San Blas, Mex Beach, Destin, and PCB.  

Longboat, Siesta Key, and Anna Maria are on a whole different level - wading through hip-high crystal clear water a 100 yards from shore is pretty cool to experience.

My wife and I had a place booked last week at Anna Maria. It didn’t happen. But I’m glad to still have a dry, safe home here in Bham. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, aucom96 said:

We're no different than any other SEC school. Alabama went through this before they lucked into Saban. Georgia was lukewarm under Richt for years. The jury's still out on Florida and Tennessee and A&M is still not there. 

We made a bad hire. They guy who made it is gone and soon they bad hire will be gone. Hopefully we learned something. We'll see. 

Well we will never ever have the kind of sustained dominance that alabama and georgia are experiencing. Never.  However i agree w the rest.

6 minutes ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

Well we will never ever have the kind of sustained dominance that alabama and georgia are experiencing. Never.  However i agree w the rest.

Never say Never!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

Which is why I don’t think it’s a great idea to be playing both of them every year—and please don’t give me the “they won’t be on top forever!” argument. 🙃

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

19 minutes ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

We'll see how well their curve holds with NIL factored in. But even conceding your point, Auburn should always be competitive at the top of the SEC. We should never be at home against a rebuilding LSU team as a 9 point dog. (or whatever it's at now) Gus mismanaged us into a number of talent deficiencies, but what Harsin has done to Auburn is unprecedented. If Boise doesn't hire him back, I hope this guy invests that buyout well because he'll need it. 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Which is why I don’t think it’s a great idea to be playing both of them every year—and please don’t give me the “they won’t be on top forever!” argument. 🙃

Yeah i mean at this point i welcome it.. I actually miss the gus years where we scheduled boss out of conference games to open the year rather than the mercers of the world. I suppose we did get a good pennstate home and away which was nice

Edited by ThurstontheWelshCorgi

4 minutes ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

Yeah i mean at this point i welcome it.. I actually miss the gus years where we scheduled boss out of conference games to open the year rather than the mercers of the world.

Well, the 12 team playoff will be of great boon to us. Every SEC team besides the east champs in '14 and '15 who won 10 regular season games would've gotten in the playoffs under the coming system. Reaching that mark once every four-five years is a reasonable aspiration.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1

On 9/29/2022 at 12:57 PM, passthebiscuits said:

I can tell you that the heavy hitters that make decisions will be in attendance Saturday and are ready to see how it shakes out. 

In short, Saturday is decision day. 

I wonder...

Edited by AUwent

On 9/29/2022 at 11:57 AM, passthebiscuits said:

I can tell you that the heavy hitters that make decisions will be in attendance Saturday and are ready to see how it shakes out. 

In short, Saturday is decision day. 

Well then I guess we know the decision

On 10/1/2022 at 1:43 PM, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

In some respects i feel like we as a fanbase deserve a decade of pain and heartache. 

What do you think we have been dealing with for the last eight years? We have been watching our two biggest rivals dominate college football in a way that has never been seen before. 

5 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

What do you think we have been dealing with for the last eight years? We have been watching our two biggest rivals dominate college football in a way that has never been seen before. 

Oh nothing close to tennessee level pain and heartache thats for sure. Ive been pleased w our level of competitiveness for the most part. There was rarely a time an opponent didnt take us seriously or think they could handle us easily and we had plenty of opportunities to roll toomers even given what you mentioned (more than most programs against those two) Now we get the tennessee treatment and its much much worse.

10 minutes ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

Oh nothing close to tennessee level pain and heartache thats for sure. Ive been pleased w our level of competitiveness for the most part. There was rarely a time an opponent didnt take us seriously or think they could handle us easily and we had plenty of opportunities to roll toomers even given what you mentioned (more than most programs against those two) Now we get the tennessee treatment and its much much worse.

2017 was a shining example of what it's like to be an Auburn fan. Beat your 2 biggest rivals when they were ranked #1 only to sit at home weeks later watching them both play for the national title.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

Well I must’ve missed all of those games against Georgia because we have not been competent or competitive for many years. 
But you are correct now we are a joke.

8 minutes ago, clwn said:

2017 was a shining example of what it's like to be an Auburn fan. Beat your 2 biggest rivals when they were ranked #1 only to sit at home weeks later watching them both play for the national title.

I agree. I remember when we jumped out to that early td lead i thought we were golden but kerryons injury was extremely detrimental for us

• Like 1

1 hour ago, clwn said:

1 hour ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

I agree. I remember when we jumped out to that early td lead i thought we were golden but kerryons injury was extremely detrimental for us

Refer to my previous statements on that matter.

FWIW, here is what the 12 team playoff would've been that year (we would've beaten Miami as it was at home and they played far worse in their title game and bowl game versus equal or even lesser competition--but then the Cotton Bowl...no comment):

First Round

Game 1: #12 Central Florida @ #5 Alabama

Game 2: #11 Washington @ #6 Wisconsin

Game 3: #10 Miami FL @ #7 Auburn

Game 4: #9 Pennsylvania State @ #8 Southern California

Quarterfinals

Peach: #1 Clemson vs. Game 4 winner

Fiesta: #4 Ohio State vs. Game 1 winner

Orange: #3 Georgia vs. Game 2 winner

Cotton: #2 Oklahoma vs. Game 3 winner

Semifinals

Rose: Orange winner vs. Cotton winner

Sugar: Peach winner vs. Fiesta winner

Final

CFC:  Rose winner vs. Sugar winner

Edited by AUwent

So…a week later and still no concrete info…a couple of issues/topics to monitor…

1. Are we trying negotiate a lower settlement with Harsin privately before parting ways? Sounds dumb, but AU never backs down from a fight.

2. Will we have a true search, or simply appoint Freeze to take over in December as it appears May have been the plan back in the spring?

3.  Flanagan - what’s the deal?  It’s way too quiet from our sources and rumors about an incident are popping up on rival team boards.

9 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

So…a week later and still no concrete info…a couple of issues/topics to monitor…

1. Are we trying negotiate a lower settlement with Harsin privately before parting ways? Sounds dumb, but AU never backs down from a fight.

2. Will we have a true search, or simply appoint Freeze to take over in December as it appears May have been the plan back in the spring?

3.  Flanagan - what’s the deal?  It’s way too quiet from our sources and rumors about an incident are popping up on rival team boards.

What kinda incident?

On 10/2/2022 at 9:33 PM, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

If I remember correctly, this injury was a result of Gus wanting to get more than 200 yards of rushing on an Alabama defense. Which caused KJ to get injured, caused a lost SEC title, and a lost playoff/title appearance. Rather than playing for the W, Gus was chasing stats and numbers rather than looking at the big picture. We went from beating two #1’s back-to-back, and making a playoff run, to losing to UCF on the national stage. Glad they’re stuck with him now. 

Edited by AUINSY

15 minutes ago, AUINSY said:

If I remember correctly, this injury was a result of Gus wanting to get more than 200 gods of rushing on an Alabama defense. Which cause KJ to get injured, caused a lost SEC title, and a lost playoff/title appearance 

Its possible i dont remember but i love the mentality either way... A mentality we sadly wont have the luxury of entertaining for a long while