Similar matchup?

pensacolatiger

LSU is probably better than what they seem. Their opening weekend loss to FSU was vastly overrated and will look silly by season's end imo. FSU is looking much better than they have been.

To answer your question. I don't know. 

Were we both unranked when they fired Les Miles the day after we beat them? If I recall that game was very much a "loser gets fired" situation with him and Gus. And we won in hilarious fashion at the end with Les' clock management

Edited by Tiger
  • Like 1

LSU is a boneheaded blunder away from being undefeated and watching them vs a decent Miss St team, they'll end up 2d place SEC west IMO. We catch them when their scary QB may not be 100% and I have a feeling our D's about to gel (Papoe & Cam have been too quiet). Could be a classic.

LSU is a lot better than people are giving them credit for.  Most folks only saw the FSU game, but they've improved every week.  And their defense is really freaking good.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

LSU is a lot better than people are giving them credit for.  Most folks only saw the FSU game, but they've improved every week.  And their defense is really freaking good.

LSU Defense> Penn State Defense.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

LSU is a lot better than people are giving them credit for.  

LSU is definitely on an upward trajectory, and Kelly seems to be finding his feet coaching-wise.   Can't say the same here.

1 hour ago, EagleEye67 said:

LSU is definitely on an upward trajectory, and Kelly seems to be finding his feet coaching-wise.   Can't say the same here.

Not sure I understand your Kelly comment.  He's been an extremely good coach for 20 years going back to Grand Valley State.  

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Brad_ATX said:

Not sure I understand your Kelly comment.  He's been an extremely good coach for 20 years going back to Grand Valley State.  

THIS

Been saying they made a home run hire. They will be back giving bammer all they want in two years.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Tiger said:

Were we both unranked when they fired Les Miles the day after we beat them? If I recall that game was very much a "loser gets fired" situation with him and Gus. And we won in hilarious fashion at the end with Les' clock management

Yup it was a loser leaves town match. And Gladiator #2 lost.

To makes things interesting for me...we are eating dinner with the same couple we had dinner with the night of the 2016 LSU game...at the same place.

Gladiator #3 is in the figure four and is about to tap out.

12 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

I don't think anyone knows how good LSU is. They haven't played anyone since week 1.

22 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

LSU is a boneheaded blunder away from being undefeated and watching them vs a decent Miss St team, they'll end up 2d place SEC west IMO. We catch them when their scary QB may not be 100% and I have a feeling our D's about to gel (Papoe & Cam have been too quiet). Could be a classic.

They didn't look so hot against Miss. State in the first three Quarters.

2 hours ago, murpjf88 said:

I don't think anyone knows how good LSU is. They haven't played anyone since week 1.

MSU isn't awful and they won by 2 scores.

And I think FSU is a little better than y'all may be giving them credit for.  I could be wrong, but I feel very comfortable with my LSU -8 bet.

It’s fascinating that when a school hires a coach who has had a high level of success against the highest level of competition, things typically improve at a rapid rate.   Stunning, huh?

23 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Are teams still doing that? I didn't know that was still a thing. 

Edited by gr82be
Punctuation
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Of course, but I meant the perceived culture clash and purported needed SEC 'adjustments '.   Some folks were willing to write off this year at LSU to 'rebuilding ' but they will do significantly better than that.