Dish network

NWALA Tiger

5 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Dish has removed ESPN. Any suggestions on how I can watch game.? I have ESPN app  and Verizon.  Any help appreciated 

i watched a game on youtube and i do not pay them a penny.i just typed the game in and there it was. i hope you get lucky. by the way all the folks i know with dish hate it.

Just now, aubiefifty said:

i watched a game on youtube and i do not pay them a penny.i just typed the game in and there it was. i hope you get lucky. by the way all the folks i know with dish hate it.

I'm sure it's no coincidence it happened during football season

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I'm sure it's no coincidence it happened during football season

i have direct tv and they are not much better but they provide every single espn channel i know of.

11 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

I had dish for ten years and loved it. 
I did not know they removed ESPN. I’ll have to check. 
I now have WOW and I’m not impressed. However they still have ESPN. So there’s that. 
My dish account is still active until the 30th of Oct. 
Ill check it out.

Just checked and yes, it looks like ESPN waited until football season to blackmail dish. 

Edited by CCTAU
  • Like 2

There was no notice at all. They want me to contact Disney. Hell no. I don't pay Disney for service, I pay Dish. I've been with Dish for over 12 years. They'll fix this immediately or or I'll discontinue doing business with them.

• Like 3

I switched to YouTube in April and actually have more channel options for less money. I recommend it. I was hesitant for over a year but finally decided to switch and I'm glad I did. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, Mikey said:

There was no notice at all. They want me to contact Disney. Hell no. I don't pay Disney for service, I pay Dish. I've been with Dish for over 12 years. They'll fix this immediately or or I'll discontinue doing business with them.

Me too. Let us know what you find out if you talk to them. I thought about calling them myself, but I'm not in the mood to talk to anyone at this point. Some stranger will get cussed out this morning, and I'm trying not to start my day off that way 

• Like 1

Just now, gr82be said:

I switched to YouTube in April and actually have more channel options for less money. I recommend it. I was hesitant for over a year but finally decided to switch and I'm glad I did. 

I understand that Disney has suspended business with YouTube tv as well. Is this not the case?

27 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i have direct tv and they are not much better but they provide every single espn channel i know of.

Until they don’t.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

Me too. Let us know what you find out if you talk to them. I thought about calling them myself, but I'm not in the mood to talk to anyone at this point. Some stranger will get cussed out this morning, and I'm trying not to start my day off that way 

I found a page to give them feedback on this, go I gave them FEEDBACK! As you say, it's better than cussing out some poor phone answerer. https://dishvoc.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_8FYn6e2ZWriMWNM

Annoying as hell. But Disney is the one continually jacking up prices. Though the content delivery gets the blame for increasing prices. I'm sure Dish is not without some blame. But ESPN, now DisneyESPN couldn't control their costs, bid ludicrous sums to capture majority of content from other networks, gobbled-up Fox, and forced content delivery companies to pay ludicrous costs for DisneyESPNFox content (compared to other content). Disney knows the content delivery service will be the one to catch all the blame. I'm SOL as of this morning, too. I wouldn't have sling except for ESPN. F Disney.

“Disney has exploited its market position to increase fees without regard for the public viewing experience,” Brian Neylon, the executive vice president of Dish TV, said on Saturday. “Clearly, Disney insists on prioritizing greed above American viewers, especially sports fans and families with children who watch their content.”

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

I understand that Disney has suspended business with YouTube tv as well. Is this not the case?

I have the ESPN channels. It might happen at some point but looks like Dish and Sling we're the ones affected for now. The best thing about YouTube TV is there is no contract. You can leave anytime you want. 

Edited by gr82be

13 minutes ago, gr82be said:

I second YouTube TV- lots of options and less expensive.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AUx said:

Annoying as hell. But Disney is the one continually jacking up prices. Though the content delivery gets the blame for increasing prices. I'm sure Dish is not without some blame. But ESPN, now DisneyESPN couldn't control their costs, bid ludicrous sums to capture majority of content from other networks, gobbled-up Fox, and forced content delivery companies to pay ludicrous costs for DisneyESPNFox content (compared to other content). Disney knows the content delivery service will be the one to catch all the blame. I'm SOL as of this morning, too. I wouldn't have sling except for ESPN. F Disney.

“Disney has exploited its market position to increase fees without regard for the public viewing experience,” Brian Neylon, the executive vice president of Dish TV, said on Saturday. “Clearly, Disney insists on prioritizing greed above American viewers, especially sports fans and families with children who watch their content.”

Well, that's one side of the argument. 

I'm sure Disney could present one from the other point of view. I don't care for either party at this point. 

14 minutes ago, gr82be said:

That probably works for a lot of people. I'm out in the sticks with satellite WiFi and TV. My internet connection isn't good enough to stream football games.

Just now, Mikey said:

That probably works for a lot of people. I'm out in the sticks with satellite WiFi and TV. My internet connection isn't good enough to stream football games.

Sorry to hear that. Understand though. I used to have a Sprint phone for work and it had no reception at home. Sounds like a good thing but when one day was a work from home day it sucked. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AUx said:

I don’t disagree with you, but DISH is who I pay to negotiate on my (subscribers) behalf. It is they that I will not renew if they cannot provide the services I pay DISH for. 

I told them as much.

Edited by Swamp Eagle
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Been with them for 15 years. That's my issue...no notice at all. Wake up on Gameday of all days??? Would have been nice to have known earlier in the week to find an alternate plan.

And yeah...they will fix this. WAY too many outraged customers over this. Problem is...it's the weekend. Not possible further negotiations between them can take place on a Saturday. But can guarantee it will resolve between Monday and Friday. Customers will be dropping by the thousands daily.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Viper said:

Been with them for 15 years. That's my issue...no notice at all. Wake up on Gameday of all days??? Would have been nice to have known earlier in the week to find an alternate plan.

And yeah...they will fix this. WAY too many outraged customers over this. Problem is...it's the weekend. Not possible further negotiations between them can take place on a Saturday. But can guarantee it will resolve between Monday and Friday. Customers will be dropping by the thousands daily.

Just signed up for YouTube TV, and dropped Dish. Whether Dish is on the wrong on this or not, this was stupid management on their part. 

By the way, as I figure it, I just saved myself roughly $100.00 a month.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

Just signed up for YouTube TV, and dropped Dish. Whether Dish is on the wrong on this or not, this was stupid management on their part. 

By the way, as I figure it, I just saved myself roughly $100.00 a month.

My problem is I record and archive every AU game. Plus I'll be out for dinner tonight, so wanted to watch later tonight. So recording it off youtube would be my issue. Solutions?

For those that want to watch for free, but don't mind the Jefferson-Pilot resolution, this is a great site for all televised games...it's what I'll be using all day today for ESPN-related games:

https://sportsurge.club/nflstreams

Edited by Viper
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Viper said:

My problem is I record and archive every AU game. Plus I'll be out for dinner tonight, so wanted to watch later tonight. So recording it off youtube would be my issue. Solutions?

For those that want to watch for free, but don't mind the Jefferson-Pilot resolution, this is a great site for all televised games...it's what I'll be using all day today for ESPN-related games:

https://sportsurge.club/nflstreams

Man, that sucks. 

Maybe someone more tech savvy than myself could figure out how to record it. 

I'm one of those neanderthals that wouldn't know a smart phone from a smart a##.

Had to get my daughter to sign me up!

Edited by Eagle-1

Dish also had this same dispute with Fox Sports last fall.  I didn't even get to see the World Series because of it.

I'm done with Dish.