Dish network

NWALA Tiger

19 minutes ago, jptiger said:

Stream via the ESPN app. 

Won’t work without your provider account and if your provider isn’t carrying ESPN at the moment you’re SOL. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Viper said:

They (anyone) gets away streaming it until someone reports them.

Ok. Which of you aholes reported it? Just got zapped!🤣

19 minutes ago, Viper said:

Since I use DISH for TV and Xfinity for internet, the ESPN app will not allow me to watch using either of those providers.

DISH for obvious reasons. Xfinity because I don't use their TV service.

So I'm stuck using sportsurge today for all things BSPN and Mickey Greedy Mouse.

Got a friend or enemy who will share their password for another provider?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Won’t work without your provider account and if your provider isn’t carrying ESPN at the moment you’re SOL. 

I think you can subscribe to the app the pay version and your good but I could be wrong. It’s happened. 

Edited by jptiger
Spelling

3 minutes ago, jptiger said:

I think you can subscribe to the app the pay version and your good but I could be wrong. It’s happened. 

I’ll check.

13 minutes ago, jptiger said:

Negative. It’s a no-go.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've bounced back and forth between YouTube TV, Fubo, Sling and even "traditional" Xfinity old school cable. 

Xfinity has all the channels, and seems to avoid the issues with channels disappearing/re-adding, but they don't play nice with my Google TV streaming devices, and I refuse to pay extra for their TV boxes, on top of their high monthly rates. I think the same goes for Spectrum and Cox, based on what I've heard from friends in other parts of the country.

I'm currently with YouTube TV. The ONLY downside from my end is they don't have Bally Sports RSNs, so I'm out of luck with Atlanta United and Braves games. Even when they're on ESPN, they're blacked out in my area. I've decided just to live with it for now. United aren't great this year and the Braves will be on other channels when it comes playoff time.

Fubo was solid. More expensive than YouTube TV, they have the Bally RSNs, but they're lacking the Turner networks (which sucked during the NCAA Tournament time).

Now Sling (and Dish) are dropping ESPN.

The dream of streaming utopia that was dangled in front of us 10 years ago has turned into a huge cluster.

If the ESPN umbrella came in a stand-alone package, I think most people would drop their traditional service providers and go a la carte. ESPN has this advantage when they come to the bargaining table, and I think some networks have called their bluff. There was a moment YouTube TV emailed users saying they might not be able to renew their agreement, but they eventually found a way.

It's frustrating as heck. The big corporations always come out on top, even when we have the illusion of competition.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Negative. It’s a no-go.

Yeah, the ESPN+ subscription is really just for everything NOT on their main channels. The DAY, and I mean.. the very day... they decide to build their own stand-alone solution that includes live ESPN, SECnetwork, ABC, etc, the big media/streaming services are going to be in for a world of hurt. EDIT: And I'm sure they're getting every ounce they can out of that fact at the negotiations to renew contracts.

They're the last domino to fall to be able to go full a la carte, in my opinion.

Edited by looney
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, looney said:

Yeah, the ESPN+ subscription is really just for everything NOT on their main channels. The DAY, and I mean.. the very day... they decide to build their own stand-alone solution that includes live ESPN, SECnetwork, ABC, etc, the big media/streaming services are going to be in for a world of hurt. EDIT: And I'm sure they're getting every ounce they can out of that fact at the negotiations to renew contracts.

They're the last domino to fall to be able to go full a la carte, in my opinion.

Exactly.  They have the ultimate bargaining chip.

12 minutes ago, looney said:

The scary part is what theyre going to charge for this package. Theyre still milking all the cable subscribers now, but when that scheme finally collapses theyre going to be looking for a way to make up the difference.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, CR said:

Got a friend or enemy who will share their password for another provider?

If you don’t use TV or don’t have a TV package that has ESPN via your internet provider, ESPN will not allow you to watch it for free IF you’re trying to watch it through your Internet provider i.e. on your smart TV or PC. You have to already be paying to use ESPN via your Internet provider. It doesn’t matter who’s provider and password you use. I tried my friend’s through a different provider and it still didn’t work.

Edited by Viper
  • Angry 1

5 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

i watched a game on youtube and i do not pay them a penny.i just typed the game in and there it was. i hope you get lucky. by the way all the folks i know with dish hate it.

Same here every so often youtube will strike one down.....for the most part though it works well.👍

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CR said:

The scary part is what theyre going to charge for this package. Theyre still milking all the cable subscribers now, but when that scheme finally collapses theyre going to be looking for a way to make up the difference.

I'll remain somewhat optimistic, until we know for sure. I look at what they charge for the Disney+ bundle (with Hulu and ESPN+) for a LOT of quality content (like... more than I could ever consume) and hope they'll be fair about a similarly robust offering on the ESPN side. 

Then again, like you say, they're printing money with their agreements with the providers now so they're not going to just lose that revenue.

Just saw a commercial on ESPN stating that ESPN was no longer on Sling and Dish and to contact Disney.

Who do they think they are reaching with that if the Dish and Sling customers can't see it???🙄

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Sportsurge is nothing but a bunch of links to vpn sites for me. 

You have to click on the link in the top right hand corner after you click the game of your choice. Again I click on gold standard when choosing a link to a game. Do not click on anything that says VPN.

If there are no links present, then they got zapped.

BSPN IT dept taking no prisoners today.

Edited by Viper
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Just saw a commercial on ESPN stating that ESPN was no longer on Sling and Dish and to contact Disney.

Who do they think they are reaching with that if the Dish and Sling customers can't see it???🙄

I said the same thing! Haha...

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Viper said:

Looks like all of the Kentucky / Ole Miss links on this page got zapped.

The link I was using to watch the 1st half on doesn't even work.

Edited by Viper

I have ESPN+ "free" through Verizon.  So of course, it doesn't have all the normal EPSN content, but it does show Auburn-LSU at 6:00.  It will most likely be the version like that I just watched with the Ole Miss-Kentucky game, which was with no announcers and is mainly from the overhead camera (live) but replays from the normal angles. Better than nothing. 

3 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Thanks brother, but I never see a screen like that. The link in this thread is chock full of ad overlays

I use the Firefox browser + the UBlock Origin ad blocker add-on.

• Like 1

I am going to try a 7-Day Free Trial on Fubo.TV in order to try and watch the game through ESPN on my ROKU. No idea whether it will work or not. 

2 hours ago, wareagle7298 said:

I have ESPN+ "free" through Verizon.  So of course, it doesn't have all the normal EPSN content, but it does show Auburn-LSU at 6:00.  It will most likely be the version like that I just watched with the Ole Miss-Kentucky game, which was with no announcers and is mainly from the overhead camera (live) but replays from the normal angles. Better than nothing. 

Sounds like you may have the best setup. 😃

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Viper said:

If you don’t use TV or don’t have a TV package that has ESPN via your internet provider, ESPN will not allow you to watch it for free IF you’re trying to watch it through your Internet provider i.e. on your smart TV or PC. You have to already be paying to use ESPN via your Internet provider. It doesn’t matter who’s provider and password you use. I tried my friend’s through a different provider and it still didn’t work.

That's not true I use my father's sign in and I don't pay for ESPN. Works for me. 🙃

Edited by autiger88