Dish network

NWALA Tiger

1 minute ago, autiger88 said:

That's not true I use my father's sign in and I don't pay for ESPN. Works for me. 🙃

So the question is...does your internet package that you're using already come with ESPN? Or not?

Again, my internet is Xfinity...I do not have a TV package with them, so using Xfinity for internet, ESPN will not allow me to view ESPN on my PC or my smart TV, even using my friend's sign in for AT&T. My friend can see ESPN, but I can't.

8 minutes ago, Viper said:

So the question is...does your internet package that you're using already come with ESPN? Or not?

Again, my internet is Xfinity...I do not have a TV package with them, so using Xfinity for internet, ESPN will not allow me to view ESPN on my PC or my smart TV, even using my friend's sign in for AT&T. My friend can see ESPN, but I can't.

I'm not using Xfinity now but I had Xfinity and it worked on theirs too when I was living in Maryland only a year ago.

I have never bought a TV package from any of the internet companies over the last 10 years. Because I don't do cable and I've never had a problem using my parents sign ins. My Dad even changed from At&t to Charter where he lives and didn't have a problem. 

Edited by autiger88

7 hours ago, Mikey said:

There was no notice at all. They want me to contact Disney. Hell no. I don't pay Disney for service, I pay Dish. I've been with Dish for over 12 years. They'll fix this immediately or or I'll discontinue doing business with them.

Contact Disney😂😂😂. Guess you should just call the operator and be like “hey, uhhh can you patch me through to Disney”.

image.gif.2ce534e817e6fb417b0e46136c175fa2.gif

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

I'm not using Xfinity now but I had Xfinity and it worked on theirs too when I was living in Maryland only a year ago.

I have never bought a TV package from any of the internet companies over the last 10 years. Because I don't do cable and I've never had a problem using my parents sign ins. My Dad even changed from At&t to Charter where he lives and didn't have a problem. 

Perhaps your dad is paying for ESPN through Charter?

58 minutes ago, wareagle7298 said:

I'm sitting here watching the Texas A&M game on YouTube. Auburn game should be the same. Just go to youtube and google Texas A&M. It is like the 3rd video down. 

• Love 1

27 minutes ago, Viper said:

And that's the ticket.

Have you used Fubo? If a new subscriber, they offer a free trial. Ive used them before with no issues

9 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

i watched a game on youtube and i do not pay them a penny.i just typed the game in and there it was. i hope you get lucky. by the way all the folks i know with dish hate it.

It's just a contract dispute.  It happens all the time with all cable/satellite providers at one point or another.  It's just the nature of the beast.  I've had Dish Network for 24 years and I love it.  This is just an unfortunate bump in the road.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Dish has removed ESPN. Any suggestions on how I can watch game.? I have ESPN app  and Verizon.  Any help appreciated 

Drop Dish and get literally anything else is what I'd do.

A lot of understandable whining…however, Disney is demanding a

$1 BILLION fee increase. Rather steep. Over a roughly 14 million customer base that rounds to $6.00 a month added to your bill. Sadly, this round robin extortion will hit all providers and all of us.

https://www.theverge.com/2022/10/1/23382051/dish-sling-tv-drops-disney-espn-fx-contract-dispute-streaming

4 hours ago, tomcat said:

A lot of understandable whining…however, Disney is demanding a

$1 BILLION fee increase. Rather steep. Over a roughly 14 million customer base that rounds to $6.00 a month added to your bill. Sadly, this round robin extortion will hit all providers and all of us.

https://www.theverge.com/2022/10/1/23382051/dish-sling-tv-drops-disney-espn-fx-contract-dispute-streaming

Instead of trimming costs and reassessing what the majority of customers would perceive as greater value, Disney simply turned their loss of revenue and earnings growth objective into higher price - again. Will continue until a customer base curtails purchasing substantially OR there is a competitor in the market. 

I would like to see them cut out all the talking head labor for broadcasts and transmit just the game video and stadium audio. That broadcast mode jumped the shark long ago. If you had someone in your living room telling you all that extraneous junk about everything under the sun while attempting to just watch a simple sporting event, you'd, uh...., well it depends on the marital status. That could trim some labor costs off the balance sheet and improve the viewing experience for actual sports fans. All their in-broadcast crap is unnecessary duplication of info already available (stadium audio, stadium scoreboard, and the whole damn internet).

BTW: tv.youtube turned out to be a much better quality and UX than sling. Liking it for now.

Edited by AUx

On 10/1/2022 at 9:24 AM, Mikey said:

I found a page to give them feedback on this, go I gave them FEEDBACK! As you say, it's better than cussing out some poor phone answerer. https://dishvoc.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_8FYn6e2ZWriMWNM

Obviously they listened, as their pocketbooks were draining by the second by customers dropping, and they agreed with DIsney's outrageous demand and flipped the switch back on at 11:15PM last night.

• Like 1

On 10/1/2022 at 12:15 PM, AUDevil said:

It’s insane that anyone would pay $80/mo for cable TV to indoctrinate and brainwash you.  I’m ok with about $40/mo, but that’s where I draw the line.

So refreshing to meet someone with standards   :big:

• Thanks 1

On 10/1/2022 at 12:15 PM, AUDevil said:

It’s insane that anyone would pay $80/mo for cable TV to indoctrinate and brainwash you.  I’m ok with about $40/mo, but that’s where I draw the line.

$40??? What is this? 2006?

17 minutes ago, Viper said:

Do I have to subscribe to AOL? Hook a brutha up.

I got you.  Just finished downloading the Lsu game, don’t tell me how it turns out.

• Haha 1

So for those of you fellow pizzed-off DISH customers...I called them and requested compensation. They refunded $5 off my next bill. That's as high as they would go. Is it proper compensation for losing a full day of CFB? No. But it's better than $0. And yes...if you call them, you will have to wait on hold at least 25 mins. Perhaps using their chat feature is quicker.

• Sad 1