October Update

Zeek

Cut and dry the expectation is that Auburn will have a new head coach come signing day. I only mention this to explain why I have largely been inactive in the recruiting section. It is hard to follow recruiting when you know the rug is going to be pulled out from under us at one point. No commitment is safe once a new staff is brought in... we have no idea who the new coach will value and who they won't.

With all that said here are the players I think we're in a good position to land.

Quarterback - none

Running Back - Jeremiah Cobb (AU) and one other unknown.

Wide Receiver - Daquayvious Sorey (AU), Adam Hopkins (AU), and one other unknown.

Tight End - one unknown

OT - Gernorris Wilson (AU) and two unknown. Keyshawn Blackstock (JuCo) is considered an Auburn lean.

IOL - Bradyn Joiner (AU), DJ Chester is possible, and at least one more unknown player needed.

DL - Jamarrion Harkless (AU) and two others unknown.

Edge - Ashley Williams (AU) and Wily Denaud (AU) with two spots still open.

Linebacker - Alex Sanford (Arky) seems likely. Still hunting for our second guy.

CB - Jacorious Hart (AU), Tyler Scott is an AU lean, and still looking for one more.

Safeties - Terrance Love (AU) and one other still unknown. I think we have an outside shot on Cedrick Hawkins (OhSt).

Really not much to report. Not sure who sticks after a coaching change. Guys like Hart, Joiner, and Wilson seem to be pretty solid to Auburn regardless.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

47 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Cut and dry the expectation is that Auburn will have a new head coach come signing day. I only mention this to explain why I have largely been inactive in the recruiting section. It is hard to follow recruiting when you know the rug is going to be pulled out from under us at one point. No commitment is safe once a new staff is brought in... we have no idea who the new coach will value and who they won't.

With all that said here are the players I think we're in a good position to land.

Quarterback - none

Wide Receiver - Daquayvious Sorey (AU), Adam Hopkins (AU), and one other unknown.

Tight End - one unknown

OT - Gernorris Wilson (AU) and two unknown. Keyshawn Blackstock (JuCo) is considered an Auburn lean.

IOL - Bradyn Joiner (AU), DJ Chester is possible, and at least one more unknown player needed.

Linebacker - Alex Sanford (Arky) seems likely. Still hunting for our second guy.

CB - Jacorious Hart (AU), Tyler Scott is an AU lean, and still looking for one more.

Safeties - Terrance Love (AU) and one other still unknown. I think we have an outside shot on Cedrick Hawkins (OhSt).

Really not much to report. Not sure who sticks after a coaching change. Guys like Hart, Joiner, and Wilson seem to be pretty solid to Auburn regardless.

Thx for the efforts.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zeek said:

Quarterback - none

Tight End - one unknown

If we’re being honest, most of our commits dont have a better option. If anything, I think the new coach may(desperately) try to upgrade what few commits we have. I do think whoever comes in will immediately improve Auburn’s recruiting. When your HC, OC and DC are all nonfactors(or worse),its real tough for assistants to overcome. Hopefully you can have a better time updating at that point. Thanks again

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AUINSY said:

How are we even still getting guys like Qua Russaw, James Smith, and Gabriel Harris to show up to Auburn games? I’m glad for it, but I don’t understand it. 

https://flywareagle.com/2022/10/01/auburn-football-uga-commit-second/

The treatment a top recruit gets from Auburn is as good as it gets.  Sure the product we're putting out on the field is not good, but the before, during, and after game experience for these recruits can't be matched.  Kids love Auburn.  And this week there's not much else being offered as an altrnative since bama is away.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 10/1/2022 at 11:03 AM, Zeek said:

Quarterback - none

Tight End - one unknown

Looks like we are wearing out Unknown High School. If I counted right, it looks as if we are recruiting 10 or 11 of their guys.

• Haha 1

On 10/1/2022 at 2:30 PM, AUINSY said:

How are we even still getting guys like Qua Russaw, James Smith, and Gabriel Harris to show up to Auburn games? I’m glad for it, but I don’t understand it. 

https://flywareagle.com/2022/10/01/auburn-football-uga-commit-second/

Trolling at its finest.

I'm guessing the Thompson DB (No.1 in the class) may have used up one of our few remaining OVs to try to talk to the Montgomery 5* recruits. I would think there is near zero chance for a flip (I guess I'm saying there is a chance 😉), but it probably does look good for overall recruiting to have some blue chip visits for a big game. WDE!

17 hours ago, JOSEPHIAMLEGEND75@GMAIL.CO said:

Trolling at its finest.

Yeah! UGA and UAT on the road may have been part of the reason too.