*Official Auburn vs. LSU Game Thread*

abw0004

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

I really don't want to see Carlson kicking again. UGA looks a bit shell shocked.

Inheritance got him the job. It's like wanting LeBron and getting Bronny instead.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Auburn Tiger said:

You have to think since we jumped out to a nice lead and we sucked into a loss in the second half Harsin gets canned after tonight’s game. That would just reinforce the trend for his coaching and his teams. 

I believed tonight was a must-win game going into the game, but I feel like it absolutely is now that he jumped out to a solid lead early and sucked it up going into half. 

Umm no. Majority of y'all thought we would get killed. If it is a competitive game he is definitely not getting fired,

• Like 1

2 bad plays in the half. The QB ''fumble" and the busted coverage on the wheel route  ended up costing us 7 each. A heavy price to pay on them. The D is playing great except for that 1 busted coverage.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, abw0004 said:

LSU fans are so annoying. 

Literally every single LSU fan I’ve known has been a total douche about football. Every. Single. One. I suppose corn dog only comes in one flavor. 🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, homersapien said:

I didn't expect us to be in the game at this point.

I feel you. I was not sure what to think coming into this game. Some many negative factors in play.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Umm no. Majority of y'all thought we would get killed. If it is a competitive game he is definitely not getting fired,

Yeah. I agree about the competitive game, but Harsin tends to get his butt handed to him in the second half. If we get smoked in the second half, I’d bet he’s on the chopping block. 

3 minutes ago, Auburn Tiger said:

You have to think since we jumped out to a nice lead and we sucked into a loss in the second half Harsin gets canned after tonight’s game. That would just reinforce the trend for his coaching and his teams. 

I believed tonight was a must-win game going into the game, but I feel like it absolutely is now that he jumped out to a solid lead early and sucked it up going into half. 

Like a blowout from start to finish wouldn’t have been bad enough, squandering a 17-point lead is no better, IMO. 

• Like 1

Positives

council at center looks to have beefed up the line just enough

negatives

ask me after the first drives of 2nd 1/2 

also still losing TO battle

Just now, sevenlee36 said:

We had a chance to make a STATEMENT in this game. Didn’t happen.

Yet. The real statement to me would be come out and control the second half. I don’t believe it’ll happen though. 

17 point swing off of 3 bad plays. Scoop and score, penalty extending their drive, missed FG. 

Could easily be 20-0 (or more).

Edited by yngwie1995

How are the bone head plays of Carlson, Ashford, Pappoe and Hall have anything to do with the first half coaching???? 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

We had a chance to make a STATEMENT in this game. Didn’t happen.

There's still time ...

Edited by Never2Yield

Just now, Auburn Tiger said:

Yeah. I agree about the competitive game, but Harsin tends to get his butt handed to him in the second half. If we get smoked in the second half, I’d bet he’s on the chopping block. 

I doubt it. If we loss this and the UGA game sure. But I believe we can win this one. So guess we will have to hold off on that.

Literally every single LSU fan I’ve known has been a total douche about football. Every. Single. One. I suppose corn dog only comes in one flavor. 🤷‍♂️

Yep...vinegar...

By far the best game plan and execution all year.  The fumble for a TD was just a great play by the LSU player and Hall did have his hand in face mask but LSU player also had his hand in Halls.  The real test is how we handle the bad luck at end of 1st half when they get the ball 1st. 

I don't know if we will win this game but we have a chance to win it.  The pass to the RB for the big gain was all on Pappoe he made the wrong choice. This year he has done some great things but also has messed up.   He has the talent but doesn't always make the best reads. Steiner has looked good the 1st half.

• Like 1

Just now, Auburn Tiger said:

Yet. The real statement to me would be come out and control the second half. I don’t believe it’ll happen though. 

That’s not likely but I truly hope they do come out on fire. Won’t hold my breath.

• Like 1

Take solace in the young offensive players. This staff has done a lot wrong, but they appear to have brought in some straight up ballers at WR. Hopeful with Ashford and the young RB's too

Just a reminder about the current second half stats...

In its last seven games against Power 5 opponents going back to last season’s win at Ole Miss, Auburn has been out-scored 116-21 in the second half. AU is just 9 of 49 (18.4 percent) on third down conversions and averaging 2.9 rushing yards per carry. - source  https://auburn.rivals.com/news/second-halves-of-futility-auburn-tigers-football

Going to have to do something to break that trend and that is an awful trend in the second half, so far I have not see CBH make any second half adjustments, I guess there is always a first, guess we will see. :)

Edited by bishoptf

1 minute ago, sevenlee36 said:

Wanted to crush em, being greedy

I know. Let's see what happens next.

2 minutes ago, yngwie1995 said:

17 point swing off of 3 bad plays. Scoop and score, penalty extending their drive, missed FG. 

Could easily be 20-0.

Could be for sure. But, somehow AU just cannot get out of the “costly” turnover mistakes. Maybe, we can keep it together and get that lead back to pressure LSU. Got to hope.

• Like 1

Whether or not our D get any push the second half will determine the outcome.

At the end of the first, they were just getting stood up.