*Post Game Thread: AU 17 LSU 21*

autiger88

8 hours ago, Tiger said:

I feel bad for Tank. If he's at Auburn during any other era he's likely a legend

Imagine him in that 2013 offense...Now imagine him and Tre Mason as a 1-2 punch that year.

• Like 1

What sucks even more are the bammer encounters at the water fountain this week. What will they have to say this week? How can we defend our program? It's like watching a loved one pass away. We are helplessly awaiting the pronouncement after pulling the plug. Last night, I was like WTAF?

Edited by Bottomfeeder

Obviously Harsin needs to go and we need an o-line, but I felt like you could really see the potential of our young wideouts and qb on display last night. We’ve got some talent on offense. 

• Love 1

12 minutes ago, WarDamnDoc said:

Obviously Harsin needs to go and we need an o-line, but I felt like you could really see the potential of our young wideouts and qb on display last night. We’ve got some talent on offense. 

It’s important for the next coach to keep them out of the portal

• Like 1

12 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I will admit last week I was apathetic af and didn’t GAF at all if we won or lost. I badly wanted this one though. I’m so heated and pissed off. 3 straight over LSU would of been amazing. We don’t get that chance hardly ever with how terrible we have been at Death Valley. This felt like a fluky les miles era loss vs them. You can’t tell me otherwise that Harsin isn’t point shaving and actively trying to get fired. He’s trying desperately hard to get his 15 million buy out asap.

I don’t know how the President, acting AD or the BOT members can go thru this day and not fire Brian Harsin. To not act now after what they have seen especially the last two games, should be enough to demand all of them to resign their positions now. 

9 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

It’s important for the next coach to keep them out of the portal

Disagree . The portal is the only advantage we have at the moment. Yes we need to recruit better, but their are so many good players sitting in teams like Bama or OSU or UGA that will not get to play there unless someone is injured. Those guys want to play now. I would have a team not only surfing the portal but looking at each team to find talent sitting on their bench waiting for a shot. 🤔

9 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Disagree . The portal is the only advantage we have at the moment. Yes we need to recruit better, but their are so many good players sitting in teams like Bama or OSU or UGA that will not get to play there unless someone is injured. Those guys want to play now. I would have a team not only surfing the portal but looking at each team to find talent sitting on their bench waiting for a shot. 🤔

He was saying its important to keep our young, talented guys out of the portal.  As in keep them at Auburn.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stephen66 said:

Shouldn't fire this guy until he loses the team, if not, wait till year 3 is over.

I'm gonna assume you are a troll because no right minded Auburn fan would actually say this. You are an Alabama or Georgia fan trolling. 😒

• Like 2

10 hours ago, HabitualChiller said:

Yeah, he desperately needs to work on his short-intermediate ball placement, as well as his pocket presence, but he's pretty damn good excluding those. 

That's why I'm so excited. 330 passing yards with so many mistakes, so raw. Missed several easy throws. He's got so much room to grow, but can pass downfield. The ceiling is HIGH

• Like 3

Little sunshine:

The game reminded me of the 2013 Auburn LSU game.

Auburn got beat but their offense starting figuring out what they were and what they eventually became. Clean up the mistakes and refine things a bit and we may have something. The difference is we looked better in the 2nd half of the 2013 game, instead of the first half. Still think we showed glimpses of hope and potentially turning it around in comparison to the Penn St game where there was no hope and nothing to build on.

50 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

Little sunshine:

The game reminded me of the 2013 Auburn LSU game.

Auburn got beat but their offense starting figuring out what they were and what they eventually became. Clean up the mistakes and refine things a bit and we may have something. The difference is we looked better in the 2nd half of the 2013 game, instead of the first half. Still think we showed glimpses of hope and potentially turning it around in comparison to the Penn St game where there was no hope and nothing to build on.

I can’t speak for everyone, but I’m damn sure not hoping Auburn continues to lose just to massage a narrative. Do I expect that to happen? Well, no…

7 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

I can’t speak for everyone, but I’m damn sure not hoping Auburn continues to lose just to massage a narrative. Do I expect that to happen? Well, no…

This was only Ashford’s second start? He hadn’t been the guy getting the majority of reps. Let’s see how he grows and this offense grows. The protection was much better. We had a lot of turnovers but we played new young faces and changed things up personnel wise. Give ‘em longer than a week to grow would be very wise. If we lose Eku we will be at a disadvantage on defense. 

• Like 1