Where does this one rank?

ScotsAU

Auburn’s had it’s share of bad seasons over the years:

The Barfield years

1998- the coach that quit

2008- the lost offense

2012- the lost team

Where does this season rank in terms of bad?

1 hour ago, ScotsAU said:

Auburn’s had it’s share of bad seasons over the years:

The Barfield years

1998- the coach that quit

2008- the lost offense

2012- the lost team

Where does this season rank in terms of bad?

I was born in 1979 so I didn't witness the Barfield era. However, this year is the worst for me. Dye's last year in 1992, Bowden came in and started off 20-0. Bowden's last year 1998, Tuberville came in and we won the SEC West his 2nd year. Tuberville's last year in 2008, Chizik came in an went 8-5 and then a Natty in year 2. Chizik goes 3-9 in 2012 and Gus steps in and wins the SEC and gets us to the National Title game. Then there's Harsin.

The difference in all of those down years of the past where the coach was fired or stepped down, we always had talent. That 2013 team had an O-Line that made holes big enough that Marshall and Mason could run through side by side and not be touched. 

Auburn, like every other school in existence, has had some down years but we never stayed down long because we have ALWAYS had talented players. Under Bryan Harsin, that's simply not the case. This roster lacks talent more than any roster I can remember Auburn having. He hasn't shown me,whatsoever, that he is capable of fixing the talent deficiency. Add to that, he's a terrible gameday coach that seems completely lost when the game moves past the first 15 planned plays. He uses his timeouts at very strange times during the games. He was an OC under Mack Brown at Texas and Chris Petersen at Boise St. You would think that he and Kiesau could scheme around our deficiencies at O-Line just a little bit but I've yet to see it. 

One thing that REALLY gets my blood boiling is his demeanor on the sidelines. There are things during a game that are out of your control. You can even be a below average coach in every facet of the game. One thing you CAN control is your demeanor and pumping your team up when they need it most. He even fails at this part of coaching. There were times tonight that he could've helped his players by just showing that he was fired up and wanted this win more than anything!!! It's a very tight game between Auburn and LSU at night in freaking Jordan Hare Stadium and your job is literally on the line. SHOW SOME DAMN EMOTION AND WANT TO!!! Nothing from this cardboard cutout of a coach.

A few weeks ago I was telling myself "Harsin isn't a bad coach, he's just not the right fit for Auburn." After watching him the last 3 or 4 games and how he continues to squander away double digit leads, make boneheaded decisions and allow his OC to put us in bad situations, I've come to realize that he isn't cut out for this. WDE

• Like 1