how much longer until harsin is let go?

aubiefifty

18 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Agree with Zach, not Caddy due to actual coaching experience. Also agree (if they decide to fire snd hire will try to have one in place just before ENSD, more than 3 weejs after last game for AU (unless we go to bowl game). You named a couple that have been successful (interims). There  are typically 15-25 coaches fired every year with most of them having some type of transition coach involved. Highest percentage are not effective for that season ( Steel actually became a professional transition coach).

For sure. It’s definitely a move for recruiting’s sake and not a move done to salvage this season.

But it at least gives us a small 10% chance to win some of our remaining games. If we keep Harsin, that chance is 0. The kids know he’s costing them games and it’s only a matter of time before they completely give up.

The kids deserve better and an interim is at least an effort to give them someone better to work with.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

It might have to wait until Harsin loses the team similar to how Chizik did in 2012.  Harsin has a propensity for holding a lead and going for it on 4th down that blows up in his face and is the catalyst for our opponent to come back for a win.  He did it at SC last year, in the IB last year, he would have another bone headed move in the Missouri game if they would have made that chip shot of a field goal and, of course, last night that lead to the go ahead TD.  

The team is behind him, but if he keeps it up and greatly puts the defense in a no win situation the questions will start to rise in the one group he is counting on.  That is when, in 2012, the possibility of firing Chizik just two years removed from a NC started to become a reality.

I don't see him losing the team like chizik. Didn't chizik lose the team due to allowing the assistants show/have favoritism toward different players? 

7 minutes ago, fasttimes said:

I don't see him losing the team like chizik. Didn't chizik lose the team due to allowing the assistants show/have favoritism toward different players? 

It won’t be losing the team as in a total collapse like 2012. More like 2008. The effort will still be there but there will be a losing attitude that seeps into our players. “Here we go again…” or “We’ll blow this lead too…” or “How are we going to screw this one up…”

You can’t win like that. You can play close most of the time with that attitude, but it’ll cost you games you should otherwise win if the team was mentally in the right headspace. 

• Like 6

36 minutes ago, fasttimes said:

What AUght2win says.

26 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

It won’t be losing the team as in a total collapse like 2012. More like 2008. The effort will still be there but there will be a losing attitude that seeps into our players. “Here we go again…” or “We’ll blow this lead too…” or “How are we going to screw this one up…”

You can’t win like that. You can play close most of the time with that attitude, but it’ll cost you games you should otherwise win if the team was mentally in the right headspace. 

See, we can agree.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

For sure. It’s definitely a move for recruiting’s sake and not a move done to salvage this season.

But it at least gives us a small 10% chance to win some of our remaining games. If we keep Harsin, that chance is 0. The kids know he’s costing them games and it’s only a matter of time before they completely give up.

The kids deserve better and an interim is at least an effort to give them someone better to work with.

I don’t believe thats what the players think. I think they know if they executed better yesterday we win. Not sure any wins will make a difference in Harsin outcome. I think ominous silence from AU leadership (those words don’t really go together), screams volumes to anyone trying to listen.

8 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

I don’t believe thats what the players think. I think they know if they executed better yesterday we win. Not sure any wins will make a difference in Harsin outcome. I think ominous silence from AU leadership (those words don’t really go together), screams volumes to anyone trying to listen.

They know, dude. They know these second half collapses aren’t a result of them screwing up. They know the 4th down calls last night were weird. They know the fade at Penn state last year on 4th and goal instead of giving it to tank was bad. They know the 4th and 1 bomb against USC and keeping TJ on one leg in the game against Alabama was bad. 

You get a sense as a player that you’re playing well but your coach keeps changing the complexion of the game with bad decisions.

• Like 2

Just now, AUght2win said:

They know, dude. They know these second half collapses aren’t a result of them screwing up. They know the 4th down calls last night were weird. They know the fade at Penn state last year on 4th and goal instead of giving it to tank was bad. They know the 4th and 1 bomb against USC and keeping TJ on one leg in the game against Alabama was bad. 

You get a sense as a player that you’re playing well but your coach keeps changing the complexion of the game with bad decisions.

K, we just don’t agree on all that.

• Like 1

Still think it will be after A&M game. Gives the interim WKU week to rally everyone to get one last win from the season before going into the Bama game.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

it will immediately stop the slide of recruiting. that is big to me.it is big to the team as well.

Yes it will stop the slide..to a halt, in fact. No one is committing to an interim staff.  So we will go from average recruits to none. 

I'm not arguing either way, just be prepared for a lot of nothing until a permanent coach is hired. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, kevon67 said:

It would show recriuts he's gone and change is comming.........actually does it matter, not like Harsin recruits and if he did he can't coach so either way it's dark times.

Lol. This logic is insane. You want to know what recruits will do? They'll cross Auburn off their lists.  And with our coach search history of late, and the state of booster/ptb dysfunction...I'm just sayin'...we better be ready for some additional pain. All will not be fixed immediatelywith the firing of the present staff. Yall know how this works at Auburn.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Lol. This logic is insane. You want to know what recruits will do? They'll cross Auburn off their lists.  And with our coach search history of late, and the state of booster/ptb dysfunction...I'm just sayin'...we better be ready for some additional pain. All will not be fixed immediatelywith the firing of the present staff. Yall know how this works at Auburn.

So what do you propose? Please don't say he need more time. That my friend would be total insanity

3 hours ago, AUght2win said:

From the draft eligible, I worry about ‘business decisions’ being made. The effort is still there right now but as the season wears on I believe it will lessen. 

3 hours ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

He will be gone after UGA. It's gonna be a bloodbath. If we fire him now, Caddy and some of the non-boise coaches can recruit on big change.

And what coach is going to want to come here to a place where he can't even pick his own assistants?

If Harsin is getting fired...I'm hoping it's soon.  I honestly dont see us winning another game..maybe the cupcake one before bama..theres no point in dragging it out, this season is a bust. I'd like for us to get an early jump on the available candidates. ...if I remember right, it seems like we dilly dallied around with Malzahn while watching several promising coaches (or what seemed to be) go on to other schools. ..maybe things work a little differently than what think...im sure it does....Regardless, do it now, let all potential coaches know there is an opening and give them plenty of time to consider it...I think it would actually benefit Harsin as well so he can plan his next career move. 

17 minutes ago, Stephen66 said:

And what coach is going to want to come here to a place where he can't even pick his own assistants?

This is true..maybe the new AD has a chance to put an end to that?....here's to hoping anyways...

You need evidence that times are changing?  Wisconsin just fired Paul Chryst.  He's 67-26 with 3 division titles.  That is not a program known for making moves during the season.

Just furthers my belief that we won't wait much longer.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

So what do you propose? Please don't say he need more time. That my friend would be total insanity

It’s not a matter of Harsin needing more time. Auburn is just in a precarious situation that they have to navigate wisely. It’s way above my pay grade, brother. Not my proposal to make, and damn glad of it.

Just now, Brad_ATX said:

You need evidence that times are changing?  Wisconsin just fired Paul Chryst.  He's 67-26 with 3 division titles.  That is not a program known for making moves during the season.

Just furthers my belief that we won't wait much longer.

To be fair they have a guy BA , who could waltz right in and clean things up too. But you are right. Traditionally , they do not like that but the heat was coming down hardcore in this state.

• Like 1

Just now, DAG said:

To be fair they have a guy BA , who could waltz right in and clean things up too. But you are right. Traditionally , they do not like that but the heat was coming down hardcore in this state.

Lance Leipold coming home?

Guest MustardSeed
4 hours ago, fasttimes said:

Chizik also had a huge synthetic weed issue on the team that kind of got glossed over at the time but many talked about

9 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Lance Leipold coming home?

He does fit the mold and doing good things at Kansas. However, I think Wisconsin is over the same Wisconsin mentality. There is a fear that someone from around the way will fall under the same expectation of doing it BA’s way which is very much outdated . 

51 minutes ago, Stephen66 said:

Kiffin, Freeze, or Grimes should all bring whoever they wanted. 

If you're mentioning this because of Napier, there was more to him not getting the job than the staff. All Auburn's fault, but it was deeper than the staff.

Also, Harsin has the entire potato gang here, nobody told him he couldn't.