*Official Auburn vs. Georgia Game Thread*

abw0004

1 minute ago, CamZilla_15 said:

Wonder what this 1st half looks like without all these penalties?

Without the penalties, and without the stupid fake punt (with the speedster Shenker) and fumble, it might be tied at halftime. 

We'll just need to rely on some awesome halftime adjustments. Our offense is always lights out in the 2nd half.

Hey. Maybe some reverse logic.  We are losing 14-0 at half.  So maybe we'll look good 2nd half instead 😆 

• Like 1

14-0 at the half. Auburn is technically still in the game, yet the team looks defeated. 

That's a telling indictment of where we are as a program. 

Now don’t anyone get to excited but just a friendly reminder, we have been better in the first half than we have in the second   So I would be a little worried about where we are at this point. My guess is shorty will Make sone correction at half while Harsin will be drawing up some more of his sandlot gimmick plays. 🤔 looks to be interesting . 

Edited by Eagle Eye 7

Just now, AUBwins said:

Hey. Maybe some reverse logic.  We are losing 14-0 at half.  So maybe we'll look good 2nd half instead 😆 

I don't have that much hope 😒

1 minute ago, TeamZero77 said:

We've played 5 games coming into today. So you're saying Missouri should've been a loss, making us 2-3. Penn St., Missouri, LSU as our losses.

It's been 5 games already? Damn this season is flying by lol.

1 minute ago, AcUmen said:

Auburn is about to enter a dark, dark period in its football history. Expect several more 4-8, 5-7 seasons before anyone can turn it around and get us back to our rightful 8-4 status.

Not necessarily. If this was 2015, yes. The transfer portal is really a game changer. We still have talent at many positions. We just have holes that Harsin has failed to address. Should we make a competent coaching hire, that coach should be able to fix this roster in 1-2 seasons. 

3 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

🤦 What halftime adjustments? I don't think Harsin knows you can do that. 

Even if you added up all of our 2nd half points this season, I don't think we'd have enough to win. 😢

1 minute ago, Tiger said:

We have played so bad and somehow only down 14 

I don’t think Uga is that great right now. They are missing their best defensive player. Their starting RB is out.
And we are playing terrible.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Old fan 47 said:

Agree. We now know why Ashford had to go cross country to sit on bench for 2 years. He is so very bad. Decent Qb’s can still complete some passes, no matter the line in front of them. If I’m Tank, I sit out, because why risk injury for this team or staff, plus he barely gets the ball anyway. Don’t think it matters who we hire anymore. Program and talent are a dumpster fire. Damn, bet GM is so relieved to be gone. Maybe we should try to move to the ACC. 

GM is as much to blame for the lack of talent on this team as Harsin. Maybe more so.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 2

4 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

And when do u blame the coaching staff for lack of focus and correcting mistakes? And the same mistakes week after week. I defended Harsin to the teeth and even I can see this s*** 

There's accountability for the coaching staff for sure. Get better players and the mistakes will start to correct itself. They are completely overmatched and outclassed on most nights.

Just now, yngwie1995 said:

Even if you added up all of our 2nd half points this season, I don't think we'd have enough to win. 😢

I don't remember but you are probably right 🥲

8 minutes ago, murpjf88 said:

Exactly. However, how can you blame a false start on the coaching staff? That's 100% on the player. The holding penalties are because it's men against boys out there.  

You blame it on coaching for a lack of discipline.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Tiger said:

If you told me before the game we would be down 14 at the half I'd have taken it lol

Same except Georgia has been incredibly conservative. Feel like that changes in the second half. 

• Like 1

Just now, murpjf88 said:

There's accountability for the coaching staff for sure. Get better players and the mistakes will start to correct itself. They are completely overmatched and outclassed on most nights.

And Harsin hasn't showed he's gonna get better players 

As bad as we've played on offense and we're only down 14. Defense is playing solid. If the team runs on the field and Deion is in front we may have a chance. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, AcUmen said:

Auburn is about to enter a dark, dark period in its football history. Expect several more 4-8, 5-7 seasons before anyone can turn it around and get us back to our rightful 8-4 status.

Said this 3 years ago. Something obviously has to change. Hell you can buy players now. Auburn Offense has sucked since FSU 2013.  Defense has been decent since then to win... Decent. UGA has a 25 year old QB UT has a 25 year old QB. 

HELL FIND a DAMN 28 YEAR OLD QB.

1 minute ago, Eagle-1 said:

GM is as much to blame for the lack of talent on this team as Harsin. Maybe more so.

No way. None of the QBs on the roster are Gus recruits. Harsin had opportunities to recruit JC or transfer portal players to the OL.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1