Thank God that's over. Georgia Post game thread!

autiger88

1 hour ago, yngwie1995 said:

I don't think anybody thought that we'd win, especially at uga.

But, we looked okay for a while. The fake punt was what changed the momentum. The fumble was another killer. And yeah, in the end, our defense wore down. We shoot ourselves in the foot too much as well. Less penalties and mistakes, and who knows. 

LSU game felt that same way. We were dominating, until we started shooting ourselves in the foot. That scoop and score started it. 

Just too many mistakes by both the coaches (e.g. 1st quarter INT against PSU, hello inept coaches?) and players, will push us from mediocre to bad. 

And what has changed... NOTHING!

I haven't watched until the the end of an Auburn football game since sometime in 2020 - it's an awful display of sports entertainment - just awful. I certainly wouldn't spend any time or money to go see them play in person; no way, no how, not even if tickets were gifted to me. 

Edited by Systems
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, DAG said:

I was too young for this but from all accounts Auburn needs their modern day Bobby Lowder. Seem like this guy was the Godfather of Auburn. 

Yeah and it/he wasn’t a good thing. From what I recollect. 

11 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

Gus would know what to do

You have become the boards antagonist.  You’ll be working 24/7 trying to defend these last two regimes.  

• Thanks 1

Just now, AURex said:

Gee, I missed the game. Did I miss anything worth watching on replay?

Unless you are a glutton for punishment, leave that game buried for good.  

Just now, keesler said:

You have become the boards antagonist.  You’ll be working 24/7 trying to defend these last two regimes.  

Well, it’s the least I could do. Can’t wait till we fire everyone just to overpay for Hugh Freeze who will bring in a top WR and we will think “we are back”. Until he recruits top heavy and we have no depth, we then turn on him and call for his head. It’s just what we do because we don’t understand the full picture but think we do.

• Haha 2
  • Dislike 2

1 hour ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Brad I commit to hitting some food trucks this week in search of the good stuff. Any recommendations around Huntsville?

I lived in Huntsville for over twenty years. Rosie’s is number one. Phil Sandaval’s is good. I was a big fan of Casa Blanca too. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, placekicker said:

I lived in Huntsville for over twenty years. Rosie’s is number one. Phil Sandaval’s is good. I was a big fan of Casa Blanca too. 

You are 100% correct on both!!

14 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

Well, it’s the least I could do. Can’t wait till we fire everyone just to overpay for Hugh Freeze who will bring in a top WR and we will think “we are back”. Until he recruits top heavy and we have no depth, we then turn on him and call for his head. It’s just what we do because we don’t understand the full picture but think we do.

I have zero confidence in the Administration to find and acquire the “right guy”,  at the same time a blind, deaf, mute could see this experiment isn’t working.  

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, placekicker said:

Could not agree more . 

2 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I was just amazed the same people that complained about lip service for a decade somehow felt relieved because another coach came and gave them lip service, but I guess he looked sterner. 

Auburn fans will believe anything if it comes from a new face. Whenever the new coach comes in he’s gone give the same “culture” speech they all give

Edited by Sizzle
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, keesler said:

I have zero confidence in the Administration to find and acquire the “right guy”,  at the same time a blind, deaf, mute could see this experiment isn’t working.  

Yeah true. I look back at some of the hot names the fan base was wanting to hire like Venables and Cristobal and am curious how we’d be reacting to those coaches based on their performance at their new school. Would we be wanting to fire them already? It’s crazy to think but we probably would.

Would we want to fire Saban after tonight?

Edited by sevenlee36

6 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

Yeah true. I look back at some of the hot names the fan base was wanting to hire like Venables and Cristobal and am curious how we’d be reacting to those coaches based on their performance at their new school. Would we be wanting to fire them already? It’s crazy to think but we probably would.

Nope because they are showing results so far in recruiting unlike Harsin. 

• Thanks 3

36 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

Nope because they are showing results so far in recruiting unlike Harsin. 

You can recruit your ass off but if you can't coach and develop talent, you're not going to be successful. 

Venables still has a lot to prove because I have never seen Oklahoma look worse than they do right now.

Edited by murpjf88
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, murpjf88 said:

You can recruit your ass off but if you can't coach and develop talent, you're not going to be successful. 

Venables still has a lot to prove because I have never seen Oklahoma look worse than they do right now.

Correct, but he has been there not even a year yet but has a top ten class right now and it's a completely different offense he is running then Lincoln was running granted he did lose pretty badly today I'll give you that but he is still showing results off the field that Harsin hasn't been able to do, that was my point so no we wouldn't wanna fire him even if he lost every game. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sevenlee36 said:

I definitely don’t think Freeze is what we need. Guy was a massive success 5 years ago, but he was recruiting well before everyone could blatantly “cheat”. It’s clear that the recruiting landscape has looked differently before and after NIL, and I think his form of “recruiting” would’ve got washed out quickly. 

I think he’d get us raised to about what Gus had us, maybe an extra win. Maybe 9-3, with 8-4 being less common. Trading a better Xs and Os guy for probably a worse defense and worse recruiting. And then he’s going to do something that likely requires us looking like fools in the media and amongst peers every 2 seasons 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, murpjf88 said:

They don’t have a qb. He probably didn’t plan on Gabriel getting hurt. . Being that he is a first year coach Gabriel probably takes all of snaps. CBH is as more prepared this year based on last year results. How would Auburns offense look if Holden was just thrown into the game after the quarterback was injured

1 hour ago, e808 said:

They don’t have a qb. He probably didn’t plan on Gabriel getting hurt. . Being that he is a first year coach Gabriel probably takes all of snaps. CBH is as more prepared this year based on last year results. How would Auburns offense look if Holden was just thrown into the game after the quarterback was injured

OU has way more talent than AU that should be able to at least mask it. There is literally no excuse for OU to lose 49-0 to Texas under any reality. Also that is exactly what happened with RA. Holden is our fourth string QB. The bottomline is Brent V. looks in over his head just like Mario C. Two things can be right. Gabriel played last week and the week before. What happened? Also he is suppose to be a defensive guy. Why is the defense sooo bad? It seems worse than when Lincoln Riley was there.

This goes back to trends and crap shoots. Trends do not change with some coaches, just like every good to great coordinator is not built to be a HC.

Edited by DAG
  • Like 2

Guys , I just left the clinic. They have plenty of morning after pills after that straight screwing/ pounding from GA and Harsin 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, sevenlee36 said:

It was closer then I thought it would be. Good news is it can’t get too much worse but we will see shortly.

Wait for the portal exodus, it can definitely get worse.

6 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

Wait for the portal exodus, it can definitely get worse.

it already has. Aubie hit the portal.

• Haha 2