4* OL Clay Wedin COMMITS TO AUBURN!!!

aubiefifty

While he decommitted to Michigan State before committing to us this really is a "flip" for Auburn. NIL and a few other factors have started to swing the momentum in Auburn's favor for a few guys. War Eagle!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Just now, augolf1716 said:

Yeah I expect both to possibility commit to AU 

you need to go hobnob with some of these recruits. take me for golf and a pbr and regale them of stories when you ran Auburn as a young lad............i will send you bong material...........

Apparently we are now picking up a little momentum because it's obvious that Harsin won't be the coach when these guys get here. That's a sad statement to make.

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Apparently we are now picking up a little momentum because it's obvious that Harsin won't be the coach when these guys get here. That's a sad statement to make.

Could be.  But it also could mean some of the "shine" has been taken off Mel Tucker with their poor on-field results.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, tinman1 said:

Could be.  But it also could mean some of the "shine" has been taken off Mel Tucker with their poor on-field results.

Now it's becoming clear.  We're about to hire Mel Tucker.

Well, at least he is bringing two 4* OL with him.  Just can't figure out how we are going to pay Gus, Harsin, Tucker and,,, Tucker's buyout at MSU which is close to infinity.

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

yeah it sad but it says a lot about Auburn as well when you can get two kids come even knowing the coach will be gone.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Yeah I expect both to possibility commit to AU 

How are we getting recruits now, with our coaching staff up in the air? Are the recruits being told things that we don't about a future AU staff? I mean, we couldn't get OL for forever,  now with Harsins ouster imminent,  we getting OL recruits?

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

How are we getting recruits now, with our coaching staff up in the air? Are the recruits being told things that we don't about a future AU staff? I mean, we couldn't get OL for forever,  now with Harsins ouster imminent,  we getting OL recruits?

Think about it..........hint who may be the future HC

Not saying he is but

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

47 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Think about it..........hint who may be the future HC

Not saying he is but

I know who u are referring to. Do u think he is the best if the candidates that have been mentioned?

What kind of alternate reality are we in where high school OL in numbers commit to Auburn (I know, it hasn’t actually happened yet)?!?!

9E8B2CBC-1B3C-4568-B630-5EBCBAC8B26A.gif

• Like 1

• WarTiger changed the title to 4* OL Clay Wedin decommitted from Michigan State
2 hours ago, DAG said:

How are dudes committing when I am hearing coaches aren't actively recruiting? Doesn't make sense.

I would think that the ones that aren’t mentally checked out (Caddy, Zac, maybe others) are still recruiting and telling recruits the real scoop. Probably some level of coordination with the guy likely to be named our next coach. None of us ne’er-do-wells will hear a peep about it but I bet there are people on here that know all about it. It adds a layer of intrigue that makes a coaching search so damn exciting!

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, fredst said:

I would think that the ones that aren’t mentally checked out (Caddy, Zac, maybe others) are still recruiting and telling recruits the real scoop. Probably some level of coordination with the guy likely to be named our next coach. None of us ne’er-do-wells will hear a peep about it but I bet there are people on here that know all about it. It adds a layer of intrigue that makes a coaching search so damn exciting!

They are as well as the support staff is doing a good job

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 2