Gus

tbone4jc

Say what you want about him at Auburn but he has UCF looking really good. Much better than the sh!~ show that's happening here.  Maybe he wasn't a SEC coach but damn....

• Like 7

1 minute ago, tbone4jc said:

Say what you want about him at Auburn but he has UCF looking really good. Much better than the sh!~ show that's happening here.  Maybe he wasn't a SEC coach but damn....

Sadly the offense that he runs would mask some of the poor oline play. Maybe that’s why he didn’t prioritize linemen

• Like 2

We totally screwed this thing up. Harsin never had a chance and I doubt the next guy will either. Gus is better off. He can afford a hamburger too. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Harsin has had plenty of chances. His in game decisions leave a lot to be desired. Also there is no excuse for not visiting schools. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

So this is very sobering: Auburn has scored as many points in our last 5 games combined as UCF has scored tonight. That should be a fireable offense for anyone. Those 5 games include Missouri and San Jose State…

Edited by Auburnguy101
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, e808 said:

Harsin has had plenty of chances. His in game decisions leave a lot to be desired. Also there is no excuse for not visiting schools. 

Dude wants out. Plain and simple.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tbone4jc said:

Gus sucks and so does his offense. UCF hasn't played well against good competition and lost a good QB to Oklahoma.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 5

Yeah, I’m really not liking our new girlfriend (CBH) so excuse me if I’m missing my old girlfriend (CGM) because the grass is definitely not greener on this side and the old GF seams to much happier than I am…. I got time while she got freedom…

• Like 2

Spending  over $20m to fire someone for being average so that you can hire someone who’s less than average  is generally frowned upon by successful organizations.

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Like 6

4 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Spending  over $20m to fire someone for being average so that you can hire someone who’s less than average  is generally frowned up by successful organizations.

But that's so JABA.

On 10/13/2022 at 9:13 PM, PoetTiger said:

Dude wants out. Plain and simple.

100% agree with this take. Harsin looks absolutely miserable here. He argued a couple of calls today with refs so it was a nice change from the wooden Indian in sunglasses we get most weeks. When you watch his demeanor pregame, during the game, postgame with family and in his pressers, he looks miserable and lost. 

I think we're seeing a defeated man that knows deep down, he is in way over his head and he is witnessing that everything he's ever heard about the SEC is true. I bet these 20 games at Auburn have felt like 120 games at Boise. When hired he said he knows all about the Iron Bowl and he watches it every year. 🙄 A reporter then asked him if he truly understood the hate each fanbase has for the other and he said "Oh, I totally understand it. You forget that I was an OC at Texas so I got to live the Texas-Oklahoma rivalry firsthand." 

I saved the photo of Harsin leaving the field last year after a 4 overtime loss to Alabama. He was rubbing his eyes and forehead like he had the worst headache ever. He looked bewildered and there was a ton of cameras following him as he left the field. I look at that picture and you can tell he was thinking "WTF did I sign up for? I only thought I was ready for all this but I didn't have a clue. These fanbases down here literally live for their football season." 

This job has broken Harsin. A man that came in preaching toughness, discipline, 1-0, running stadium steps with players, a real man's man!! And he sits here, 20 games into the job, a broken man!! 

• Like 4

On 10/15/2022 at 6:58 PM, Never2Yield said:

But that's so JABA.

Hey, let's give ourselves a little bit of credit, this happens at more places than just Auburn. I'm pretty sure "Fire someone average to hire someone worse" is painted on the walls in the NY Jets' headquarters.

20 hours ago, AUAlumnTN said:

Hey, let's give ourselves a little bit of credit, this happens at more places than just Auburn. I'm pretty sure "Fire someone average to hire someone worse" is painted on the walls in the NY Jets' headquarters.

Brings a horrifying new meaning to us saying we are preparing players for the NFL, doesn't it?

• Haha 1

Give Gus time…he will find a way to lose at least two more…and he’s playing the likes of Temple, SMU, FAU etc.  Not exactly Bama, LSU, UGA. 

Gus might have us at 4-3 right now but the O line would still be bad. 

I assert no one has done more damage to our program in the last 40 years than Gus. Poor O line recruiting and stubbornness kept him from achieving better things at Auburn. 

And he absolutely ripped a divide in our fanbase like no one else that still creates division to this day.  Too many accepted his mediocrity over striving for more and too many probably didn’t appreciate his consistency enough. Those two things don’t have to be mutually exclusive. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Dislike 2

2 hours ago, Tigers77 said:

Give Gus time…he will find a way to lose at least two more…and he’s playing the likes of Temple, SMU, FAU etc.  Not exactly Bama, LSU, UGA. 

Gus might have us at 4-3 right now but the O line would still be bad. 

I assert no one has done more damage to our program in the last 40 years than Gus. Poor O line recruiting and stubbornness kept him from achieving better things at Auburn. 

And he absolutely ripped a divide in our fanbase like no one else that still creates division to this day.  Too many accepted his mediocrity over striving for more and too many probably didn’t appreciate his consistency enough. Those two things don’t have to be mutually exclusive. 

I would assert that no coach in the ncaa would have been able to come in and meet auburn fans increasingly unrealistic expectations given the rise of the saban dynasty and others at rival schools but nonetheless we get to be humbled and have a reset regarding what we can realistically acheive on a year by year basis.

• Like 1

Gus will succeed because UCF doesn't ever play any actual competition, and he can recruit his 3 star super fast QB at any time.  He is dealing with average high school talent and competition...right in his wheel-house.

• Like 2

On 10/14/2022 at 1:44 AM, tbone4jc said:

5-1 come on back at ya. 

Keep in mind the Strength of Schedule

UCF:  tied for 122 (out of 130)

AU:  4

This is just one of many ways to calculate SOS.  The important point is the relative ranking -- AU has one of the toughest while UCF has one of the easiest.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, AUloggerhead said:

Keep in mind the Strength of Schedule

UCF:  tied for 122 (out of 130)

AU:  4

This is just one of many ways to calculate SOS.  The important point is the relative ranking -- AU has one of the toughest while UCF has one of the easiest.   

AU also has top-level talent. UCF has G-5 talent. You're correct about one thing, it's all relative and relative to the talent available at UCF Gus is doing quite well there..

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mikey said:

AU also has top-level talent. UCF has G-5 talent. You're correct about one thing, it's all relative and relative to the talent available at UCF Gus is doing quite well there..

You missed the point.  SOS of any team is not based on the talent level of that team.  If anything it's based on the accumulated talent of the opposing teams.  By reason of where they play, AU's SOS will always be difficult.  UCF's SOS will undoubtably be more challenging next year when they join the Big 12.  

Edited by AUloggerhead

10 hours ago, AUloggerhead said:

You missed the point.

You did too. You can't gripe about UCF's strength of schedule being easier that Auburn's. They also have lesser players to beat those easier opponents with. That's like saying a high school coach who goes undefeated at a 1-A school isn't doing well because 6-A schools play a tougher schedule.

Edited by Mikey
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

You did too. You can't gripe about UCF's strength of schedule being easier that Auburn's. They also have lesser players to beat those easier opponents with. That's like saying a high school coach who goes undefeated at a 1-A school isn't doing well because 6-A schools play a tougher schedule.

Pointing out that UCF has one of the easiest SOS in the country is not “griping.”  It’s a simple statement of fact.  Let’s revisit UCF’s “success” next year when they play a Big 12 schedule, m’kay?

• Like 1

Gus is where he is because of who he proved himself to be. Congratulations on looking good at the lower level.  He was impressive at Tulsa and Arkansas St too.  You know where he wasn't successful? Auburn.  

You know what we would look like if he were still here? The same thing we saw since 2014-15.

Gus is a good man and really good lower division coach.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Facepalm 2

28 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Gus is where he is because of who he proved himself to be. Congratulations on looking good at the lower level.  He was impressive at Tulsa and Arkansas St too.  You know where he wasn't successful? Auburn.  

You know what we would look like if he were still here? The same thing we saw since 2014-15.

Gus is a good man and really good lower division coach.

UCF is perfect for him.......for now