UAB scrimmage

bigbird

Sounds like our defense really gave them problems. Really want to see this team make better use of its depth this season. I don't know that we have any prolific type scorers so we are going to have to win with effort and defense. Luckily that is exactly what coach Pearl teams are known for. Also hope our coaches are emphasizing running the offense through the post guys. 

55 minutes ago, AUlurker said:

also heard we shot like 3-17 from 3

Yikes. But i mean not surprising. I just hope that if we can't shoot from 3 consistently the guys realize it. We can win if we go say 3-15 from deep. We can't win going 3-25 from deep.

3-17 is bad but we can win not shooting a great 3 percentage as long as we don't jack up to many 3's.  We have a team that can score inside and we need to take advantage of that. In todays game though you have to shoot the three to keep teams honest. Hopefully out 3 percentage will improve which it should if we are shooting clean open 3's when teams double down down low.  Last year we shot to many 3's at end of shot clock with a defender in shooters face. This is a solid game against a solid UAB team. It is something to build on.

• Like 1

Man that would be so cool if Chris Moore ends up with a break out season this year. Love the guys that put in their time and get to see it pay off. He's the prototype tweener. Big man skills with big man body but the height of a guard. But those guys can cause problems for opposing team because they are a tough matchup. They can push around guards and go around the bigs. They gotta be smart and play within themselves but we've had some good ones come through like this. 

• Like 1

I'm really hoping poor outside shooting and average PG play doesn't cap our teams potential. I don't like that combination of weak points for this team. Hoping for a big jump from Wendell this year. We are going to need it

Ha! KDs statline, 1-8 shooting and with 5 steals. He is going to drive some folks batty this season. My vote for most polarizing AU player. haha

Nice stat line from Tre there. 3-4 shooting, 1 TO and 4 Assists. If he can give us solid minutes at PG that would be pretty huge. 

• Like 1