The Red Wave (Tsunami) in two weeks

I_M4_AU

9 minutes ago, homersapien said:

You act as if you know the answer to that.  I don't think you do

I don’t know the answer and it will be interesting to know how the people of Pennsylvania feel.  Less than two weeks away.

6 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Because you presumed I did with Stephen Hawking, which implied I broached the subject on my own in the first place.  When in fact you are the one that brought up his name is comparison to Fetterman.  It is a typical homer tactic.

I admit I will use someone's hypocrisy against them.  (But then, this is the trash talk forum.) ;)

Just now, homersapien said:

I admit I will use someone's hypocrisy against them.  (But then, this is the trash talk forum.) ;)

The two situations are NOT the same so there is no hypocrisy.

• Haha 1
  • Dislike 2

6 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I don’t know the answer and it will be interesting to know how the people of Pennsylvania feel.  Less than two weeks away.

Yeah. Meanwhile, just give it the "Trump treatment":

• Facepalm 1

5 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

The two situations are NOT the same so there is no hypocrisy.

Yeah, that's the ticket! :rolleyes:

No, they aren't the same -  one is a stroke, the other is ALS.  

But I think everyone got the point, including you.

Edited by homersapien

On 10/26/2022 at 2:38 PM, I_M4_AU said:

Because you presumed I did with Stephen Hawking, which implied I broached the subject on my own in the first place.  When in fact you are the one that brought up his name is comparison to Fetterman.  It is a typical homer tactic.

image.jpeg

• Dislike 1

On 10/26/2022 at 3:38 PM, I_M4_AU said:

I presumed it because you had already said it. :-\

The reason I brought it up was to 1) illustrate with a well known example that physical handicaps don't necessarily indicate a problem with intellect, and 2) to point out your partisan bias and hypocrisy by assuming it did in Fetterman's case. 

I brought it up for doing exactly that.  And I'll take credit for it, no problem. 

Don't understand why you are trying to portray that is being some sort of sneaky or disingenuous "tactic", other than you resent getting "had". 

It's not my fault your thinking is twisted, I'm just pointing it out.

Edited by homersapien
  • Haha 1

On 10/25/2022 at 11:27 AM, I_M4_AU said:

Well, we have boots on the ground just miles from Ukraine ready to strike at a moments notice right before the midterms.

The U.S. Army's 101st Airborne Division has been deployed to Europe for the first time in almost 80 years amid soaring tension between Russia and the American-led NATO military alliance. The light infantry unit, nicknamed the "Screaming Eagles," is trained to deploy on any battlefield in the world within hours, ready to fight.

CBS News joined the division's Deputy Commander, Brigadier General John Lubas, and Colonel Edwin Matthaidess, Commander of the 2nd Brigade Combat Team, on a Black Hawk helicopter for the hour-long ride to the very edge of NATO territory — only around three miles from Romania's border with Ukraine.

Read more here: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ukraine-news-russia-us-army-101st-airborne-nato-war-games-romania/

Joe is doing everything he can to ensure a victory in the midterms for the Republicans.  Joe is just about to get us in a war.

i guess you have never been in the military. that is what they do and they ALL do it. your side as well. google is your friend.

8 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i guess you have never been in the military. that is what they do and they ALL do it. your side as well. google is your friend.

Why didn’t Biden do it BEFORE Putin invaded to show some resolve?  Or was he too weak?

• Dislike 1

21 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Why didn’t Biden do it BEFORE Putin invaded to show some resolve?  Or was he too weak?

Could you please make up your mind, choose your talking point and then stick with it?

One minute it's Biden is "trying to start a war", the next minute is "Biden is too weak".  :-\

Biden!, Biden!, Biden!, Transexuals!, Biden, Biden, Biden, Transexuals!..... ad infinitum

On 10/28/2022 at 4:15 PM, homersapien said:

Could you please make up your mind, choose your talking point and then stick with it?

One minute it's Biden is "trying to start a war", the next minute is "Biden is too weak".  :-\

Biden!, Biden!, Biden!, Transexuals!, Biden, Biden, Biden, Transexuals!..... ad infinitum

Being weak is what Biden does.  Have you ever heard the term *decision by indecision*?  That’s Biden all over. A weak leader and the world knows it.

3 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Being weak is what Biden does.  Have you ever heard the term *decision by indecision*?  That’s Biden all over. A weak leader and the world knows it.

You are apparently isolated from reality.  Biden pulled together and rallied NATO in a way that many people thought impossible.

In fact, the last guy questioned the value of it's existence, as well as the EU.

The world took note of that, just as they are apprehensive about U.S. support of NATO and the EU if Republicans take control of the government: 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2022/10/26/midterms-ukraine-us-support-europe-concern/

European allies worry U.S. could dial back support for Ukraine

‘If America starts to blink, other nations might as well,’ said one British member of Parliament

LONDON — U.S. allies in Europe are growing increasingly concerned that the united front presented by the West in response to Russia’s invasion of Ukraine could quickly unravel if Republicans are victorious in next month’s midterm elections, ceding an advantage to President Vladimir Putin just when Ukraine is making progress on the battlefield........

And if you really must jump on a Democrat for being "weak", jump on Obama. 

Obama's response to Putin's invasion of Crimea and the "red line" in Syria (re: chemical weapons) - which he didn't back up - are two major causes of the Ukraine invasion.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, homersapien said:

You are apparently isolated from reality.  Biden pulled together and rallied NATO in a way that many people thought impossible.

In fact, the last guy questioned the value of it's existence, as well as the EU.

The world took note of that, just as they are apprehensive about U.S. support of NATO and the EU if Republicans take control of the government: 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2022/10/26/midterms-ukraine-us-support-europe-concern/

European allies worry U.S. could dial back support for Ukraine

‘If America starts to blink, other nations might as well,’ said one British member of Parliament

LONDON — U.S. allies in Europe are growing increasingly concerned that the united front presented by the West in response to Russia’s invasion of Ukraine could quickly unravel if Republicans are victorious in next month’s midterm elections, ceding an advantage to President Vladimir Putin just when Ukraine is making progress on the battlefield........

Because Biden was weak to start off with and did not get buy in with NATO and the EU and basically allowed Russia to invade with no resistance, he is now set to blame the Republicans IF they take back Congress.  Sounds typical of a weak leader.

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, homersapien said:

And if you really must jump on a Democrat for being "weak", jump on Obama. 

Obama's response to Putin's invasion of Crimea and the "red line" in Syria (re: chemical weapons) - which he didn't back up - are two major causes of the Ukraine invasion.

I wonder why Russia skipped a President to invade Ukraine again.  Could it be *WEAKNESS* exuded by the current President?

9 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I wonder why Russia skipped a President to invade Ukraine again.  Could it be *WEAKNESS* exuded by the current President?

If that's true then Russia and Putin are bigger idiots than they appear even now, cause the Trump wing of the party was initially anti-Ukraine/neutral when Russia first invaded till they saw how overwhelmingly unpopular that position was and backed off of it somewhat

Putin would be facing A LOT less American weapons and support in Ukraine right now if he had invaded during Trumps tenure. The US under Trump was a much bigger Russian ally than Biden and the Dems are. 

Edited by CoffeeTiger
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Because Biden was weak to start off with and did not get buy in with NATO and the EU and basically allowed Russia to invade with no resistance, he is now set to blame the Republicans IF they take back Congress.  Sounds typical of a weak leader.

You're just making stuff up now.  You have no idea what you are talking about.

There's no way the EU and NATO were going to prevent or preempt Putin from invading.  NO way.

What Biden and the US did was to share intelligence with NATO and the EU regarding Russia's preparations, setting the stage for everyone to rally to Ukraine's defense.

I shudder to think what may have happened had Trump been POTUS at the time.

And what do you mean by "set up to blame Republicans if they take back Congress"?   Set up for what?

If you are alluding to abandoning our efforts to aid Ukraine, any blame directed at Republicans for that will come as a direct result of their efforts, not for being "set up" by Biden or anyone else. :rolleyes:

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 2

Well, politically, it was perhaps dumb on Putin's part to wait.  He would certainly not be facing the united opposition he is facing now, thanks largely to Biden. (No "weakness" there!)

And it's not really "Russia" making the decision, it's Putin who controls Russia as the authoritarian leader. 

And if there's anything that history shows us, it's that authoritarian dictators ultimately make mistakes.  (Largely because they aren't getting the truth from their subordinates and/or hubris, as is the case with Putin.)

Edited by homersapien

10 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

If that's true then Russia and Putin are bigger idiots than they appear even now, cause the Trump wing of the party was initially anti-Ukraine/neutral when Russia first invaded till they saw how overwhelmingly unpopular that position was and backed off of it somewhat

Disagree with this.  Trump and *his* wing had nothing to do with Russia invading Ukraine and didn’t play into Putin’s decision to do so.  The Republicans overwhelmingly voted to fund the war and even thought giving them Poland’s F-4’s were a good idea.  Remind me again who squelched that talk again.

The rest of your statement is just pure speculation.

2 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Disagree with this.  Trump and *his* wing had nothing to do with Russia invading Ukraine and didn’t play into Putin’s decision to do so.  The Republicans overwhelmingly voted to fund the war and even thought giving them Poland’s F-4’s were a good idea.  Remind me again who squelched that talk again.

The rest of your statement is just pure speculation.

No, not speculation.  History. 

And yes, the Republican party is divided on aiding Ukraine. 

But the only talk about withdrawing or reducing Ukraine aid is coming from Republican leadership.  Granted, McCarthy is a total "suck up" wimp (talk about "weak" :-\) and will likely cave to the Republican supporters (of Ukraine) but that remains to be seen.  

And not to change the subject but while we are speaking of Republican support of authoritarian governments, how about their love for Victor Orban?

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/viktor-orban-cpac-trump-gop-hungary-leader-rcna40199

Why Trump and the GOP love Hungary’s authoritarian leader

“The reason that Orbán keeps winning is he has the control of a dictator,” said one political scientist. “So the question is, what are the Republicans in it for?"

17 minutes ago, homersapien said:

There's no way the EU and NATO were going to prevent or preempt Putin from evading.  NO way.

Maybe, maybe not.  The fact is Biden didn’t even try. There was absolutely no effort made to prevent or preempt an invasion.  In fact, Biden publicly stated it was a forgone conclusion.  The President of Ukraine was begging for someone to take the lead.

20 minutes ago, homersapien said:

What Biden and the US did was to share intelligence with NATO and the EU regarding Russia's preparations, setting the stage for everyone to rally to Ukraine's defense.

Really??? Analysis to paralysis.  Great strategy when 100s of thousands of lives are at stake.  Which is better, to at least try to deter or threaten once the invasion is initiated?

When Biden took the sanctions off of Nord Stream 2 it set the invasion in motion.  With Biden’s disastrous  withdrawal from Afghanistan occurred, Putin knew there would be no resistance.

The world is just lucky the Russian Forces are as inept as they are, but Biden didn’t know that at the onset.

2 minutes ago, homersapien said:

No, not speculation.  History. 

You post your usual drivel about what the Republicans might do, but where is you argument about history?  What *history* do you have that Trump would not have handled it better?

You have none, just speculation.

14 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

The Republicans overwhelmingly voted to fund the war and even thought giving them Poland’s F-4’s were a good idea.  Remind me again who squelched that talk again.

You want to discuss why the U.S. opposed giving Poland's F-4's to Ukraine? Sounds like you think we should have. In your opinion, was this "weak" or appropriately prudent?

Or are you just throwing stuff - you don't understand -  out there and calling it a point? :rolleyes: