Auburn Mens Golf holds lead through day two of Isleworth Collegiate

augolf1716

Great scoring for the guys especially the first day. Not sure why Evan Vo did not make the trip if he had I'm sure our total woukd be even better.

As a side note I've played this course many times fun course to play not really that difficult. Lots of pro tour players live at Isleworth remember this is the community were Tiger got chased by his then wife with a iron around the house/yard. I would run into Tiger at what is called the "Ready" its a 7/11 type store in Windermere, Fl

Also thought I would show you our practice facility. Its top notch

https://auburntigers.com/facilities/golf-jack-key-facility/12

ORLANDO, Fla. – With another below-par round in the books, No. 3 Auburn men's golf holds an eight-shot lead heading into Tuesday's finale at the Isleworth Collegiate.

For the middle round, the Tigers shot 283 (-5) to bring their 36-hole total to 556 (-20). No. 11 Florida sits eight strokes back of first at 564 (-12).

"We didn't have our best today, but the guys dug in and show their resilience," Tigers head coach Nick Clinard said. "Our character and our composure when things don't go our way is essential to taking that step to the next level. None of this team's goals will be a cakewalk, so being challenged will only make us stronger. Tomorrow, we've got to remain disciplined and pay attention to what the course gives us if we want to finish out on top."

Carding a 67 (-5) on back-to-back days, Orlando native Brendan Valdes leads not only the Auburn lineup but the entire field as well at 10-under 134. The sophomore's mighty effort was aided by seven total birdies, including six on the back nine and five in a row on holes 13 through 17.

"I started a little slow out there today, but I just wanted to keep grinding for my team," Valdes said. "This group works so hard and so to give anything but 110% of myself would not be fair. We're all hungry to finish out the fall with a bang, so that's what we intend to do."

At 10-under, Valdes has also matched his career low mark for 36 holes set earlier in the fall at the Maui Jim Individual.

Junior J.M. Butler was the second-lowest Tiger on day's scorecard. Butler paired his 68 in the opener with a 69 on Monday to fall to 7-under through 36. The 2021 PING All-American is tied for third place heading into round three.

"We are competing hard and pushing each other to be even better," Butler said. "The team is playing very well, and I am proud of each of the guys. We must stay committed and continue to be disciplined as we wrap things up tomorrow."

Auburn's third player inside the top-10 of the individual leaderboard is senior Alex Vogelsong. Vogelsong sits tied for seventh at 4-under 140 following a 74 on Monday.

Wrapping up the Orange & Blue contingent, junior Carson Bacha is one shot above even at 145 while junior Ryan Eshleman stands at 155 (+11).

For round three's finale, Auburn will play alongside Florida and Purdue. Eshleman will kickstart action for the Tigers on the first hole at 8:40 a.m. CT.

Placement Golfer R1 R2 Total
1 Brendan Valdes 67 (-5) 67 (-5) 67 (-5)
T3 J.M. Butler 68 (-4) 69 (-3) 137 (-7)
T7 Alex Vogelsong 66 (-6) 74 (+2) 140 (-4)
T26 Carson Bacha 72 (E) 73 (+1) 145 (+1)
T50 Ryan Eshleman 77 (+5) 78 (+6) 155 (+11)
1 TEAM 273 (-15) 283 (-5) 556 (-20)

Won easily 

As a team, Auburn shot 27-under 837 to beat its nearest competitor, No. 11 Florida, by 12 shots. Sophomore Brendan Valdes earned the first individual championship of his early career with a 10-under 206 week on the links.

• Like 3