Harsin needs one more year

Johndunc

On 10/25/2022 at 5:36 PM, Johndunc said:

If things don’t get better than yes let him go. I really don’t think any coach that inherited what he did could have done any better. Year 3 is all on him and no excuses. He got an offensive line that at best was a mix of good and bad. Mistakes and injuries are what has killed this team, without them we were close in every game. Believe in Auburn. 

I mean I really do not know how to even respond to that, I know that you are probably not the only one that thinks this but I truly hope its a very small percentage. Since Harsin became a Head Coach ITS ALL ON HIM from DAY one. I don't get the whole cubbard is bare, Gus did this or that or the moon is made of cheese. He is the Head Coach he siigned a multi million dollar contract to MAKE Auburn football better and by all measures (maybe there is something that someone could come up with that he has excelled at but I have no idea) he has failed abysmally. It's not like he didnt know what he was getting when he signed up, it was his responsibility to right the ship and improve things, he has not improved anything, recruiting FAIL, portal success FAIL, hiring good coordinators FAIL,  coaching up the kids and making adjustments with what you have to work with to be competitive FAIL, in game coaching performance FAIL....I could go on and on be he has not been successful on any front...and BTW I was pulling for him, I pull for any Auburn coach since I want Auburn to be competitive but it was clear that he is not ready at this time to be a P5 SEC coach...

Just my opinion...

• Like 5

19 hours ago, autan said:

And what if a miracle of miracles occurs and we win the next four games. I'm beginning to be concerned we won't have enough players to finish the season.

first point: that might be the best thing for Auburn if Harsin wins more games than expected and gets brought on to somewhere like Arizona, I believe that reduces Auburn's buyout amount

second point: I agree with you that we may not have enough players to field a team in the back side of this season at the rate we're going at this week...4 players dropping/week is a pretty high rate!

Edited by AUINSY
  • Like 1

I have to admit I have a morbid curiosity with what he could do in one more year.  At this rate I could see him going from metaphorically burning the program down to literally setting things on fire.  Maybe he could salt the earth at Jordan Hare so nothing will ever grow there again?  Perhaps he could leave dead fish around the athletic complex?

I am a tingle with excitement!

1 hour ago, ChristoThor said:

He's good at driving ticket prices down. I just saw that tickets for this weekend's game are starting at $13.

And thats too high. Fans will be giving them away Saturday.

• Like 1

On 10/25/2022 at 6:36 PM, Johndunc said:

If things don’t get better than yes let him go. I really don’t think any coach that inherited what he did could have done any better. Year 3 is all on him and no excuses. He got an offensive line that at best was a mix of good and bad. Mistakes and injuries are what has killed this team, without them we were close in every game. Believe in Auburn. 

Bravely posted Johndunc, right or wrong. The torches & pitchforks crowd are beyond reason re Harsin ("Harsin Derangement Syndrome" simply replaced "Gus Derangement Syndrome", and "Neon Delusion Syndrome" is all the rage).  

On 10/26/2022 at 5:09 PM, autan said:

What if new AD crawls out from under a rock somewhere and does his independent research and determines CBH has been treated unfairly and should get another year? Will there be a meltdown rivaling 3-mlie Island? All seriousness aside 😁do you think maybe Harsin has been told by Roberts he will be terminated after the Iron Bowl. Just don't tell anyone and he will get his buyout without a fight and without spreading of dirty laundry by either party.  Mods probably know a lot more than they share, but it's going to be hard to separate fact from fiction. And what if a miracle of miracles occurs and we win the next four games. I'm beginning to be concerned we won't have enough players to finish the season.

Hypothetical AD can join Harsin in their pursuit of another opportunity.

On 10/27/2022 at 4:07 PM, aucanucktiger said:

Bravely posted Johndunc, right or wrong. The torches & pitchforks crowd are beyond reason re Harsin ("Harsin Derangement Syndrome" simply replaced "Gus Derangement Syndrome", and "Neon Delusion Syndrome" is all the rage).  

Both coaches were and are indefensible. I believe Gus was a little better than Harsin, but not by much.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Farmer Brown said:

Both coaches were and are indefensible. I believe Gus was a little better than Harsin, but not by much.

U may not like but it’s highly likely he beats LSU at home, Ole Miss on the road with a Kevin Steele Defense and Arkansas because he makes it a priority beating them

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, e808 said:

U may not like but it’s highly likely he beats LSU at home, Ole Miss on the road with a Kevin Steele Defense and Arkansas because he makes it a priority beating them

Maybe, but still goes 7-5. Gets beat to shreds by UGA and UA. It’s the lesser of 2 evils. I agree with you. Both Gus and Harsin are responsible for the s*** on the field. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

Anybody still left on board? 

He will get one more year...just happens it is this year.  At least 11 months.

Edited by Ausburn2

On 10/27/2022 at 12:48 PM, ChristoThor said:

He's good at driving ticket prices down. I just saw that tickets for this weekend's game are starting at $13.

There you go. There is one positive thing he has done. It could offset the high cost of fuel. Our student-athletes pay the price for the failures. We are just fans, but those kids pay the price.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Maybe, but still goes 7-5. Gets beat to shreds by UGA and UA. It’s the lesser of 2 evils. I agree with you. Both Gus and Harsin are responsible for the s*** on the field. 

I respectfully disagree. The SEC is down this year and 8 wins was the norm for Gus.  Auburn would probably have 1 lost right now. During the regular season he was pretty good in OOC just sucked in bowl games

11 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

Anybody still left on board? 

Yes . I’m an AU homer. Also I like talking trash with you losers . A bad season won’t keep me away. 

• Haha 1