Harsin needs one more year

Johndunc

13 hours ago, Johndunc said:

If things don’t get better than yes let him go. I really don’t think any coach that inherited what he did could have done any better. Year 3 is all on him and no excuses. He got an offensive line that at best was a mix of good and bad. Mistakes and injuries are what has killed this team, without them we were close in every game. Believe in Auburn. 

dea3b124c83dd4f558162c5e3eea28b6.gif

• Haha 5

14 hours ago, Johndunc said:

If things don’t get better than yes let him go. I really don’t think any coach that inherited what he did could have done any better. Year 3 is all on him and no excuses. He got an offensive line that at best was a mix of good and bad. Mistakes and injuries are what has killed this team, without them we were close in every game. Believe in Auburn. 

Yeah when elephants fly!

Heupel inherited a MUCH worse program and talent and look what he did in the same amount of time….technically two months less as Heupel was not hired until the end of January right before NSD. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

From more personal experience than I would like to admit, when a relationship is toxic, let it go.  If not, it will kill you.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, bostic up the middle said:

First, I agree. Second, he and the school must part ways.

I feel like any coach should get 4-5 years. I posted some research on this board a while back regarding Auburn, our recruiting and how long it takes us to realize talent on the field (it is around 3 years). So any coach needs at least that. Our current coach was hired into bad political and football situations, and (if we are to believe the committee that hired him - including Bo Jackson) he was the right man for the job at that time.

For whatever reason, he did not get support - it seemed like from the get go. That continuous erosion of support, reportedly, included not getting approval to hire coordinators after some of the original ones were let go.

etc. etc. etc.

Is he a good coach? I don't know. Do we have enough talent to compete with top 10 teams? I don't know, and I'm not qualified to evaluate that either.

I do know we aren't winning and he does not have the support he needs regardless of his capability as a coach. So pay him, and let's our separate ways.

"You're playing. And you think everything is going fine. Then one thing goes wrong. And then another. And another. And you try to fight back, but the harder you fight, the deeper you sink. Until you can't move... you can't breathe... because you're in over your head."

Finally, an adult response, it was not only a political situation, but the real reason was a man of color made this hire. The Auburn nation is not capable of change if Rane isn't happy the Auburn nation isn't happy, Auburn hired a 5-19 head coach who does that? right now, the end goal is to try and validate the ideal that Allen was not qualified to be Auburn AD that is why so many want Harsin gone today so that he will not have a chance to turn this around because the Allen Greene haters can't blame him anymore. Auburn, if you want success, you better start thinking outside of Jimmy, past history and historical results should tell you something.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, eaglenest said:

Finally, an adult response, it was not only a political situation, but the real reason was a man of color made this hire. The Auburn nation is not capable of change if Rane isn't happy the Auburn nation isn't happy, Auburn hired a 5-19 head coach who does that? right now, the end goal is to try and validate the ideal that Allen was not qualified to be Auburn AD that is why so many want Harsin gone today so that he will not have a chance to turn this around because the Allen Greene haters can't blame him anymore. Auburn, if you want success, you better start thinking outside of Jimmy, past history and historical results should tell you something.

Respectfully, a man of color has nothing to do with it IMO. From my point of view it seemed there was no plan to get rid of Gus until he made that statement. They probably had a short list of who to  hire and when things went sideways they had to pivot and CBH took the job. . CBH was already growing tired of being stagnant at Boise and wanted them to change conference. What’s the next best thing shape up or ship out so he left.

Like I stated in the initial hire he would be learning on the job and didn’t realize the task at hand.

Now fast forward to the present. The investigation didn’t help but look at all the things that’s coming out that u simple can’t do or ignore as a coach in a premier conference. There is very little evidence if any that u can honestly say the program is heading in the right direction. The scale is heavy on the negative side and compounded weekly

• Like 1

16 hours ago, sevenlee36 said:

Certainly any coach deserves 3-5. My biggest issue with Harsin is simple. I’ve never seen us one time under Harsin win a game we shouldn’t. I’ve seen him lose games on the regular that he shouldn’t lose. We have never exceeded expectations in a game under Harsin. We played Bama close… don’t care, didn’t win. If that is the argument for him then go back to the comment about how many games he’s lost he shouldn’t have.

But even in that Bama game Harsin still found a way to make a stupid play call at the end and lose it. There have been way to many stupid play calls by Harsin. I have never ever in my life seen one coach make so many stupid calls. Never. At times I’m just totally confused how a person could even think the call he made was a good call. We aren’t losing games because of lack of talent or trying, we are losing games because of insane calls by the head coach. The only fix is to rid Auburn of Harsin. Will we do better ? I don’t know. But I do know the chances of getting a coach that makes as many stupid calls as Harsin are pretty near zero. In fact I doubt that there  is a college coach anywhere that makes as many insane decisions . I think Harsin should just retire and find another career . 🤔

• Like 1

I will say this.   Harsin has done what no other auburn coach has been able to do.   He has totally united the Auburn fan base.   We all want to see him leave.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, alabastertiger said:

I will say this.   Harsin has done what no other auburn coach has been able to do.   He has totally united the Auburn fan base.   We all want to see him leave.

I see too many people on the FB group that wants to keep him.  I really don't know why except for maybe they don't keep up with recruiting etc...some are finally starting to come over but a lot of push back on them once they state keeping him...

4 hours ago, eaglenest said:

Hey, I just wanna make sure I understand this correctly. You think that people want to get rid of Harsin because Allen Greene hired him? 
It has nothing to do with his terrible record, his terrible recruiting, his terrible coaching, running off good coaches (who were African American btw), and his internal policy of not letting kids redshirt? 
So far the guy has turned out to be the worst hire in Auburn history. 
Side note: I think they should fire his *** today, hire an AD this weekend, and offer Deion piles of money to come in here and get us where we need to be. That is my opinion. 

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Johndunc said:

image.gif.7a1a16b87a100cb30a73f26a07a7830d.gif

9 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Hey, I just wanna make sure I understand this correctly. You think that people want to get rid of Harsin because Allen Greene hired him? 
It has nothing to do with his terrible record, his terrible recruiting, his terrible coaching, running off good coaches (who were African American btw), and his internal policy of not letting kids redshirt? 
So far the guy has turned out to be the worst hire in Auburn history. 
Side note: I think they should fire his *** today, hire an AD this weekend, and offer Deion piles of money to come in here and get us where we need to be. That is my opinion. 

No, he’s saying people WANT Harsin to fail because they’re racist.  The same HC who was rumored to be investigated b/c of racism allegations. He’s either dumb or a troll.

Edited by AUDevil
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Johndunc said:

You should get a Medal of Honor for this troll job

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, Johndunc said:

What-Are-You-Crazy-Are-You-Crazy-Meme.jpg

1 hour ago, passthebiscuits said:

What does Harsin do well? Can anyone tell me?

He lifts weights very well

He runs stadiums very well 

He makes boneheaded calls very well 

That's all I got. 🤷

Edited by autiger88
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

What does Harsin do well? Can anyone tell me?

This. 

LmpwZWc

And this. 

ODI3NjYuanBlZw

And particularly this. 

cGc

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, Johndunc said:

E802D253-88C4-473A-BD24-07057E53E4A0.gif.477a62b643099f3d9cd9aabdcbc0e17b.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, eaglenest said:

Man if color and you bring that into the conversation has zero to do with the fact he is in over his head and can't recruit or make sound decisions! 

21 hours ago, Johndunc said:

Looks like i picked the wrong week to quit drinking, smoking, sniffing glue, and taking amphetamines.