Landen King Enters the Portal

Zeek

Just now, W.E.D said:

Lmao

Good lord. I couldnhave never imagined he was this awful of a coach and leader of kids

I want to metaphorically die

1 minute ago, DAG said:

wow...and people wonder why we are saying get him out now

Lines up so perfectly with all the reports of how awful a person he is to be around inside the AD, everyone hates him, and he treats ppl awfully. 

1 minute ago, gr82b4au said:

Oops I started a thread about this. You can delete it. Shocking and terrible

I’ll keep yours open since this is really supposed to just be about Lk

I know the administration wants to get their AD first before dealing with Harsin but geez….  At this point is that decision doing more harm than good????  Time to cut the limb off before the infection spreads

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I want to metaphorically die

I was worried about recruiting, but how can someone be a relatively successful HC at any school for 7 years and be this awful of a human and it never bubble up from players.

He'll, even before the start of this season I was sure he could still be a good coach. God I am stupid

2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Lines up so perfectly with all the reports of how awful a person he is to be around inside the AD, everyone hates him, and he treats ppl awfully. 

I gave him a lot of rope...but that is just a dick move. I really don't see how Auburn just can't get rid of him. The environment is very toxic.

• Like 1

Just now, DAG said:

I gave him a lot of rope...but that is just a dick move. I really don't see how Auburn just can't get rid of him. The environment is very toxic.

And somehow ppl are convinced Ethridge would be worse than what's currently happening 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

And somehow ppl are convinced Ethridge would be worse than what's currently happening 

^^^^^^^^ THANK YOU! 100% THIS ^^^^^^^^

If this story is true, Harsin is absolutely cooking his future coaching career.

If this story is true, something must be wrong with the guy!

51 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I was worried about recruiting, but how can someone be a relatively successful HC at any school for 7 years and be this awful of a human and it never bubble up from players.

He'll, even before the start of this season I was sure he could still be a good coach. God I am stupid

I am with you. 
And I used to wonder why none of his players at Boise state followed him here. There were a couple of guys that were pretty darn good. 

• Like 1

Can't blame him. He was recruited as a TE. This year, plugged in at WR.

Over 2 years -- 6 receptions for 83 yds.

Harsin claims to be an offense that uses multiple TEs. hahaha .... nope.

Good luck to you, young man.

2 hours ago, AUINSY said:

If we don’t show some progress on the new AD and coach soon, I think these stories will be in the Auburn news cycle even more than the losses we incur weekly through the rest of season. We’re not far off from being unable to field a team and pulling a UAB and shutting the program down until we get our act together 

I think the players at this time can't transfer.  They can only go in the portal.  They can come back with the new coach. 

This is a nightmare. I honestly can’t believe how the administration could hear this and allow it to happen. I’m blown away that they are keeping him even an hour longer from hearing this!

• Love 1

7 minutes ago, Auburn93 said:

I think the players at this time can't transfer.  They can only go in the portal.  They can come back with the new coach. 

Some players may be so tired of the BS it doesn’t matter. I’ve been through 5 corporate takeovers in 7 years. When there’s so much change and you know what you’re capable of, you’re just done with it, and go somewhere where there’s stability and you can perform to your ability. When an organization and failed leadership allows toxic people to destroy the culture, people are just done and over it. 

Harsin’s move is needless spite. There’s a reason we lost countless assistants and players in a single offseason, and potential assistants just said “forget this, I’m not jumping onto that burning ship.” Some players might stay, but I’d be more shocked if they stay than leave. 

Edited by AUINSY
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Auburn93 said:

Correct, they can’t transfer yet ( until Dec) but they can announce they are leaving and not play. 
It is a bad look for a coach who already is struggling.

3 hours ago, AUBwins said:

I noticed he didn't mention current coaching staff at all, unless I missed it. 

No, you didn’t miss it!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Lmao

Good lord. I couldnhave never imagined he was this awful of a coach and leader of kids

He looked good in a swimming pool.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

No, you didn’t miss it!

AU-24, I gotta admit it. I’ve only posted for a few weeks, but have read for a while. Many times I read your threads and disagreed with them in the past about Harsin v Gus. It was time for Auburn to move on from Gus, but we/Auburn got this one wrong with Harsin and the timing of giving Gus the boot out. You were right. Kudos to you. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CodeRocket said:

If this story is true, Harsin is absolutely cooking his future coaching career.

If this story is true, something must be wrong with the guy!

Wait till you hear/read what may come out after he’s gone. As I posted before, it would really be better for Auburn if it doesn’t come out.

Edited by AU-24
  • Like 4
  • Dislike 1