Landen King Enters the Portal

Zeek

19 minutes ago, GAAubie said:

So it may or may not come out? IF you know something spill it! If not, just another BS post! 

It's not a BS post...

There is a lot. Some will and some won't come out.  That may not be fair, but it's the way it is.

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

21 minutes ago, GAAubie said:

So it may or may not come out? IF you know something spill it! If not, just another BS post! 

Love those type of post. So TMZ like. Why wait till someone is gone if it is hurting that person? This line of thinking literally only happens at Auburn. Any other sporting venue or team a “sources” report would be out right now. 

• Like 1

No surprise here. Landen wanted to save a year of eligibility from a wasted season for his next coach whether it is at Auburn or somewhere else. Can't blame him for this. The problem came because he probably wanted to remain on scholarship. No inside info just a SWAG. If it hadn't become public knowledge, it may have slid by pretty much unnoticed. Everything that happens right now seems to add to the narrative that "The sky is falling at Auburn".

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

It's not a BS post...

There is a lot. Some will and some won't come out.  That may not be fair, but it's the way it is.

If you hate him now.......just imagine. 

2 hours ago, DAG said:

Love those type of post. So TMZ like. Why wait till someone is gone if it is hurting that person? This line of thinking literally only happens at Auburn. Any other sporting venue or team a “sources” report would be out right now. 

Because to build up the suspense, duh! 😁

harsin with those ears when he wears a ballcap for some reason reminds me of some kind of breed of dog.

• Haha 1

I wouldn't be mad at Roberts for not pulling the trigger just yet.  He wants the new AD to have the decision to fire him and then hire his own new HC.  I know it has been a slow process but it seems everyone is impressed with how methodical Roberts is being.  Seems to really value the athletics department.

Regarding Harsin's move to not let players redshirt, remember Harsin's first move in trying to control his players like this was not letting them speak to the media anymore.  That should have been a major flag in actively silencing his players.  I am honestly worried about what his next move will be with his path Harsin is taking.  I would not be surprised if he tries to force injured players to play now.

Edited by abw0004

7 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

He wants the new AD to have the decision to fire him

I still don't understand the logic behind this...especially with the disservice Harsin is doing to this team.  It's not like he's holding it together, he's actively destroying everything

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

He wants the new AD to have the decision to fire him

HUH? Like the new AD is really going to consider keeping CBH. That would be a major failure for that person as they enter into their career at Auburn. If anything, the current AD and Roberts should do it, so the new AD has a new clean slate.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

22 minutes ago, DAG said:

HUH? Like the new AD is really going to consider keeping CBH. That would be a major failure for that person as they enter into their career at Auburn. If anything, the current AD and Roberts should do it, so the new AD has a new clean slate.

Exactly.   Just like you let the current pitcher issue the intentional walk before you bring in the reliever. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I wouldn't be mad at Roberts for not pulling the trigger just yet.  He wants the new AD to have the decision to fire him and then hire his own new HC.  I know it has been a slow process but it seems everyone is impressed with how methodical Roberts is being.  Seems to really value the athletics department.

Regarding Harsin's move to not let players redshirt, remember Harsin's first move in trying to control his players like this was not letting them speak to the media anymore.  That should have been a major flag in actively silencing his players.  I am honestly worried about what his next move will be with his path Harsin is taking.  I would not be surprised if he tries to force injured players to play now.

What difference does it make who fires him. I mean THE AD will be in place 2 months max b4 Harsin is fired. It's laughable to say the new AD will make the decision 

47 minutes ago, DAG said:

Yes, this makes the most sense. But common sense doesn't always win out

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I still don't understand the logic behind this...especially with the disservice Harsin is doing to this team.  It's not like he's holding it together, he's actively destroying everything

53 minutes ago, DAG said:

I also agree we need to fire him now.  But it sounds like Roberts is wanting to do this with the new AD formally making the decisions.  It's all but guaranteed that Harsin will be fired no matter who the AD is.  This latest move by Harsin and the fear of what he will do next may give Roberts no choice but to tell Rich to go ahead and do it.

7 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

What difference does it make who fires him. I mean THE AD will be in place 2 months max b4 Harsin is fired. It's laughable to say the new AD will make the decision 

I am just repeating what has been said on the other side of the forum.  It's old news now which is why I felt comfortable saying it here.  I think Roberts just wants to formally/publicly let the new AD make the call but everyone knows Harsin will be fired.  So there is no decision to be made anymore.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DAG said:

This is what I don't get.  Just fire him and let the new AD have a clean slate.  Why would you make a new AD fire someone whom everyone knows is about to be fired?  Just start fresh.

IDK maybe we don't get football

9 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I also agree we need to fire him now.  But it sounds like Roberts is wanting to do this with the new AD formally making the decisions.  It's all but guaranteed that Harsin will be fired no matter who the AD is.  This latest move by Harsin and the fear of what he will do next may give Roberts no choice but to tell Rich to go ahead and do it.

I am just repeating what has been said on the other side of the forum.  It's old news now which is why I felt comfortable saying it here.  I think Roberts just wants to formally/publicly let the new AD make the call but everyone knows Harsin will be fired.  So there is no decision to be made anymore.

Yeah I am not trying to attack you. It just makes little sense to me. It is almost like following guidelines with taking into consideration individual profile (For those in healthcare).

• Like 1

To me that’s a helluva a raw deal. Soon as u come in as a new AD u have the task of firing the coach. Do it now so the new AD comes in with the task of hiring Vs a firing. That’s just my thinking 

Edited by e808
Typo
  • Thanks 1

On another site, it's being reported by the guy who does the graphics for the players, that he's received requests from other players that want to transfer.  It's getting bad and I hate it for my alma mater.

• Like 1

Harsin moved Landen to WR, said he would be a big part of the offense, when it was pointed out 3 weeks ago that Landen only had 1 rec Harsin said, that needed to change immediately, that Landen needed to be a bigger part of the game plan.

None of that happened. It's pretty clear what is going on here. Landen has lost trust in Harsin and is unwilling to risk his RS on Harsin's word anymore. With a history like that, why should Landen believe him. I wouldn't believe him either. 

• Like 2

Of course, Harsin denies it all: 

"Bryan Harsin is having to defend himself in the public eye once more.

On Wednesday, it was reported by Auburn Daily that Harsin was denying redshirts for players without medical reasoning. According to the report, the second-year coach told players to either “quit the football program or enter the transfer portal.”

Harsin said during Wednesday’s SEC Coaches Teleconference that he “didn’t know where the report was coming from.” Earlier this week, both Landen King and Zykevious Walker announced their intent to transfer from the program.

“We have, obviously, who has redshirt availability as a staff, and we talk about that as a staff. We know the amount of games,” Harsin said, according to On3 Sports. “So we really monitor that as a staff. We’ve done that every year, and certainly with the new four game rule. We’ve always paid attention to that.”

Auburn coach Bryan Harsin responded to a recent report that he personally denied a player the opportunity to redshirt this season, and instead forced them to either play or transfer."

Source: https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/auburn-football/bryan-harsin-responds-to-report-he-denied-auburn-player-the-opportunity-to-redshirt/

Edited by AUINSY