Landen King Enters the Portal

Zeek

2 hours ago, abw0004 said:

I wouldn't be mad at Roberts for not pulling the trigger just yet.  He wants the new AD to have the decision to fire him and then hire his own new HC.  I know it has been a slow process but it seems everyone is impressed with how methodical Roberts is being.  Seems to really value the athletics department.

Regarding Harsin's move to not let players redshirt, remember Harsin's first move in trying to control his players like this was not letting them speak to the media anymore.  That should have been a major flag in actively silencing his players.  I am honestly worried about what his next move will be with his path Harsin is taking.  I would not be surprised if he tries to force injured players to play now.

I mean no disrespect or intend to pick apart your post abw.   

But IF Roberts is a man of processes, then it makes zero sense to lay the decision of firing a coaching staff on the new AD who would have little to no personal knowledge about any of the coaches on the staff.  He would be tasked with making that decision based solely on second-hand information he'd receives from the Auburn Administration.   I disagree with this notion - fire Harsin NOW (today) and do not renew the contracts of the remaining staff after the conclusion of the season.  IF some of the coaches choose to leave with Harsin, they are in breach of their contract and they get paid nothing.  IF they choose to remain and see the team through the interim period, they Auburn will honor the terms of their contract. 

Who exactly is impressed with Roberts slow process right now?  I'm not trying to be a jackass - I'm honestly curious if there are articles or comments made publicly praising Roberts' plan of action or his process for addressing the current climate of the football team? 

Harsin putting a muzzle on players and not allowing them to speak publicly is not a bad move, IMO.  Many HC's monitor and control which players are allowed to speak to media members.  Some coaches have a freshmen off limits policy, i.e. no freshman can speak to a reporter. I'm fine with that policy, many players should be silenced until they've been well versed in the program's speaking points.  A player represents the program he plays for and a Coach should have 100% control of every aspect of his program.  

Edited by JerryAU
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Auburn06 said:

Auburn football has been so frustrating.. the boosters are the enemy of Auburn athletics.

The same boosters that pay for Pearl and auburn basketball relevancy for the first time in decades? They missed on Harsin, it happens especially in college football and even more so in th esec west, look at texas or virginia tech or usc(w) over the past decade. There is ebbs and flows of relevancy and id contend that auburns fanbase gaining increasingly unrealistic expectations of what is consistently achievable is the primary enemy

Edited by ThurstontheWelshCorgi
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

The same boosters that pay for Pearl and auburn basketball relevancy for the first time in decades? They missed on Harsin, it happens especially in college football and even more so in th esec west, look at texas or virginia tech or usc(w) over the past decade. There is ebbs and flows of relevancy and id contend that auburns fanbase gaining increasingly unrealistic expectations of what is consistently achievable is the primary enemy

Historically, Auburn is an 8 win/yr program, that's no longer good enough.  It is what it is and when multiple SEC programs are able to achieve greatness, Auburn should be able to do the same.  LSU/UGA/UAT/UF ALL upped their game in the last 15 years and Auburn still won their first NC in +50 yrs and played for another during that same time frame.  

1 hour ago, Sthrndream said:

On another site, it's being reported by the guy who does the graphics for the players, that he's received requests from other players that want to transfer.  It's getting bad and I hate it for my alma mater.

Yep. Probably 8-9 more to quit.  But let's keep Harsin so they can't enter the transfer portal. 

We’re going to need a coach that can weaponize the portal immediately.  Not just to up the talent, but at this point just to have enough players to field a damn team.

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, AUDevil said:

As @metafour hinted at, Dawson is now gone!

I told everybody this was going to happen a year ago. He was going to lose the team

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Dislike 1

No way around it to fix our rep, to make this place become a place to come to, to fix relationships as far as high school coaches and recruiting circuit. Have to clean house. 

And even that won't fix everything immediately. Stuff was so much bigger than a coach here and a player there being let go......

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, cole256 said:

If he was that bad then kids like Wooten wouldn't have stayed and played and so on and so forth is what I was told when I tried to speak up about stuff....

Same here. I saw this coming. Harsin is FOS and I knew it right from the start. The players that left when he was first hired knew it was a disaster in the making, but most people dismissed them. 

There's been some ugly stuff happening and Auburn will take a big hit again. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Dislike 1

15 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

After SI's many hatchet jobs on Auburn it's amazing some here are gullible enough to put ANy weight into an unnamed source SI.com piece. Remember Pat Forde's (SI) source that Cam accepted $ was the Miss State booster (Kenny Rogers) who denied knowledge after FBI became involved? Forde & SI were humiliated and have had an Auburn vendetta ever since.

This story doesnt even make sense, dont let your hatred of Harsin play onto SI, Thalmel, Saturday Down South, Al.com or any other cheesy rag.

You are in denial. If everything that's been written about Auburn, had been written about Bama, Georgia, Tennessee, etc., I guarantee you would say that it was all true. But since it's about Auburn, it's all just lies and journalists with an axe to grind. 

At some point you have to take the orange and blue shades off and come to terms with reality. Every journalist that doesn't kiss Auburn's ass doesn't mean they have a vendetta against us. We aren't the squeaky clean, fairy tale that you and others seem to think we are. Negative stuff happens at every school, Auburn is no exception. 

4 hours ago, JerryAU said:

Historically, Auburn is an 8 win/yr program, that's no longer good enough.  It is what it is and when multiple SEC programs are able to achieve greatness, Auburn should be able to do the same.  LSU/UGA/UAT/UF ALL upped their game in the last 15 years and Auburn still won their first NC in +50 yrs and played for another during that same time frame.  

I respect your opinion but this is exactly what i am talking about. If this is the expectation then the greatest coaches in the world will fail here. We are a 8,9, 10 win and then have a pop season an go all the way and then back to 8 and so on kind of program and that in the era of saban and others is tremendous. 

Edited by ThurstontheWelshCorgi

21 hours ago, AU-24 said:

Wait till you hear/read what may come out after he’s gone. As I posted before, it would really be better for Auburn if it doesn’t come out.

Depends. I want us to look as validated as possible. I want to completely quell any "Harsin is innocent victim of evil boosters!" narrative.

Edited by AUwent

Just now, AUwent said:

Depends. I want us to look as validated as possible. I want to completely quell any "Harsin is innocent victim of evil boosters!" narrative.

Good point! I never thought of that side of it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, e808 said:

To me that’s a helluva a raw deal. Soon as u come in as a new AD u have the task of firing the coach. Do it now so the new AD comes in with the task of hiring Vs a firing. That’s just my 

It could also be a way for the new AD to get the fanbase on his side immediately. When the new AD is hired and then he fires Harsin within days, that would unite our fanbase and most would look at our new AD as a hero because he got rid of the villain right from the get go. 

But I agree with everything you said. It needs to happen ASAP. 

• Like 1