Harsin not letting players redshirt?

gr82b4au

2 minutes ago, Ber798297 said:

I am just beyond frustrated.  Total dick move on his part.  

WTF IS THE AUBURN ADMIN DOING??  Why are they just sitting there letting this happen??

They are doing a thorough process atleast that's what we have been told...😒

Edited by autiger88

1 minute ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

Not that I know much about this, but does this qualify as “for cause” firing? How about we pay him nothing.

If true, I hope it provides cause for firing. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

Not that I know much about this, but does this qualify as “for cause” firing? How about we pay him nothing.

Shut up, You're clearly one of them. Should have seen you coming years ago, with all of the "Potatoes!" and sh!+

• Haha 2

I think a new rule should come where if a player meets the eligibility requirement (played in less than 4 games) they are automatically redshirted. This would save schools, players, and coaches all alike on this type of bs. I don't see any negatives? I mean...why wouldn't a coach want his players to have every bit of eligibility available? Am I missing something? 

• Like 3

It's one thing to field a horrible team it's another to actively sabotage kids' careers and opportunities. This dude really is a joke

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

Lol remember when our previous staff didn't properly count the number of games one of our RBs played in and ended up burning a year of the kids eligibility? We really know how to pick HCs, don't we

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

What would be the reasoning behind doing this from his perspective? Like, best case scenario.. Just wanting access to depth? 

IMO, spite. If it's true, that reads as an intentional attack to torpedo the program for the next guy.

4 minutes ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

What would be the reasoning behind doing this from his perspective? Like, best case scenario.. Just wanting access to depth? 

Probably not gonna get too many thoughtful responses past "Potato boy ebil" but to me it's a clear indicator the locker room is checking out. This feels like players are choosing to sit out this year, waiting out his tenure as coach.  I'm a casual compared to a lot here, so I don't know how many players would qualify for RS, but it feels like there are enough to be a roster problem if it is done is mass.

Edited by smackydoodle
  • Like 4

Just now, ShocksMyBrain said:

And potentially torpedo his own coaching career in the same move. 

Yeah, it makes no sense. That's pretty much textbook cut off your nose to spite your face territory

29 minutes ago, Auburn Tiger said:

If true, I hope it provides cause for firing. 

This may be the only advantage to let him stay, is that he’ll keep showing his @$$ and will provide the admin with a legitimate reason for not giving him a penny of his buyout. 

Edited by AUINSY

1 hour ago, gr82b4au said:

https://www.si.com/college/auburn/football/source-bryan-harsin-is-telling-players-that-want-to-redshirt-that-they-must-enter-the-transfer-portal-or-quit-the-team

We don't know the ins and outs of this.  I think the players at this time can't transfer.  They can only go in the portal.  They can come back with the new coach.  I wonder though if their NIL money is cut.  I don't think this is a big deal. Harsin is just saying play for the team or not and it won't hurt Auburn.  These players will certainly stay if they think they will get playing time with the next coach. 

1 hour ago, gr82b4au said:

Now I think he’s doing it out of spite. Whoever takes over this roster next year will not have any players

We don't know the ins and outs of this.  I think the players at this time can't transfer.  They can only go in the portal.  They can come back with the new coach.  I wonder though if their NIL money is cut.  I don't think this is a big deal. Harsin is just saying play for the team or not and it won't hurt Auburn.  These players will certainly stay if they think they will get playing time with the next coach. 

• Dislike 1

The only way he can keep them from having a redshirt year is by putting them into five or more games. Is it possible that he'd stick a kid into five games just for spite? That's really, really lowlife.

• Like 2

This is so bad, it's almost hard to believe. But, then, it's in line with everything we know about Harsin. The guy just doesn't give a s*** about anyone else. And he apparently cannot be humbled. 

Pisses me off for the future of the program, but mostly for the kids. We are talking about two guys that stuck with him through the controversies. 

Please, please, please fire this guy tomorrow. He's done enough damage and deserves to be run out of town.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Auburn93 said:

Okay I must chime in now. I played college football, and I can tell you that you just don't walk into a coaches office and tell him I want to redshirt. I doesn't work like that, its not your choice. The season is still going.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, autiger88 said:

Auburn football is quickly going down in flames and nobody in the administration seems to give one flying eff. 

It really does seem this way at this point!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1