Arkansas is a Must Win

ScotsAU

So, I know some folks on here aren’t big fans. But Blackerby suggested that this game is pretty much it. If we don’t win here, we likely go winless the rest of the way. I had us splitting Arky and A&M, and beating WKU. But I think he’s actually right. 

Let’s say we lose this game. 3-5

Moo State- Stacks up well against us. Linebackers have been awful this year, and they’re going to get torched on short passes. Likely a loss for us. 3-6

At this point, we’d be 3-6 with our second hardest game of the season still on our schedule. This is where we’d probably see more players throw in the towel on the season, making A&M an almost sure loss. 3-7

Now, we’re out of bowl eligibility with nothing to play for. More players quit. We have no fight left and lose to WKU. 3-8. 
Then Bama… 3-9. 

But, if we win this weekend, even with a probable loss against MSU, we still have a shot at being bowl eligible with 2 winnable home games left. We could end 6-6. 

Either way, I think Harsin is gone barring winning all the rest of our games (Bama included), which isn’t going to happen. But 6-6 looks like less of a dumpster fire, and may help the next coach recruit a little easier. 

Thoughts?

• Like 1

After the Penn State game, the terrible coaching decisions, the dead-last turnover margin, and gaffe after gaffe, I don't have us winning another game this season. We're on our...5th string center? I've lost count. If we haven't seen in the pros, Western Kentucky's former quarterback Zappe is now leading the New England Patriots, possibly taking over in place of former Bammer Mac Jones. I don't know that we're capable of beating WKU, I doubt we do. And I won't be surprised with the way Harsin has handled things this past week that players outright mutiny against him. 

The only must win we have on the schedule, in my opinion, his hiring an AD, firing Harsin, and getting a head coach in here worth his salt to stop the bleeding and keep the handful of players and commits we currently actually, somehow, miraculously, do have, for now. I expect to see more L. King and Z. Walker-type stories popping up in the coming weeks. At this point, it doesn't seem that Harsin not only doesn't care, but seems to be actively getting payback/revenge in burning the Auburn football program to the ground. I'm glad we at least have the new football center being built, that's the only positive thing I can say right about now concerning Auburn football. 

Edited by AUINSY
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Viper said:

anigif_sub-buzz-6375-1608580718-20.gif

For real. If we’re talking about making a bowl being the best our program is capable of right now, we’re up s*** creek with no paddle. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ScotsAU said:

Thoughts?

I'd like to Arkansas b/c I hate them and the hype Pittman gets.  They are amazingly average.

Outside of that who care.  Bryan Harsin has destroyed everything.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I'd like to Arkansas b/c I hate them and the hype Pittman gets.  They are amazingly average.

Outside of that who care.  Bryan Harsin has destroyed everything.

Every win from here on out is for pride and the record book. Season is a wash. I just hope the guys who have an NFL future make some plays to add to their highlight reels.

Unless this team quits, they will probably win two more. One against an SEC opponent not named Alabama and WKU. If they quit, then all bets are off.

5 minutes ago, woodford said:

Unless this team quits, they will probably win two more.

And if that results in more potato soup next year, the brick through Bill Curry’s window will be a visit to Baskin Robbins as compared to what will occur here. 

13 minutes ago, woodford said:

Every win from here on out is for pride and the record book. Season is a wash. I just hope the guys who have an NFL future make some plays to add to their highlight reels.

Unless this team quits, they will probably win two more. One against an SEC opponent not named Alabama and WKU. If they quit, then all bets are off.

WKU is pretty good.  They are probably as good as Arkansas or Miss St or A&M

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Viper said:

And if that results in more potato soup next year, the brick through Bill Curry’s window will be a visit to Baskin Robbins as compared to what will occur here. 

I believe you are correct

3 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I'd like to hope we can keep that streak against non-P5 schools alive but you're right. It will be tough.

39 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Ehh they lost to Indiana on a 5-game losing streak and also to Troy and UTSA. Not sure about that.

I think Ark is average with a defense that is worse than Ole Miss. If we do not turn the ball over, I actually think that we can win this game… even predicted it in the predictions thread because I am crazy. 
What a predicament we are in. As Auburn fans we want the team to win, but we want the coach to hit the road. This just sucks. 

31 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

What a predicament we are in. As Auburn fans we want the team to win, but we want the coach to hit the road. This just sucks. 

Every time we scored on Ole Miss, I’m like…

indecisive-decisions.gif

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, DAG said:

For Sam Pittman , yes 

Was just about to say the same thing.

It's more of a must win for Arkansas.

Lose to this dumpster fire we have, and it could be the beginning of the end for Pittman. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

Wait, Blackerby says if we lose to Ark we'll lose to W Ky? Who's Blackerby again?

The host of the “locked on Auburn” podcast.

8 hours ago, gohogs14 said:

Ehh they lost to Indiana on a 5-game losing streak and also to Troy and UTSA. Not sure about that.

WKU has the ability to score points; AU not so much.  The Hilltoppers have kinda hit the skids the past couple of weeks but did beat UAB this weekend.  I live in Bowling Green and life will be pretty miserable if we lose that game.  WKU is desperate to beat a Power 5 team on the road....it could be/may likely be us. We'll need to surpass 30 points in that game; I was surprised that we did that against Ole Miss but not sure can call the plays to make it happen again.

10 hours ago, ScotsAU said:

For real. If we’re talking about making a bowl being the best our program is capable of right now, we’re up s*** creek with no paddle. 

Doesn't appear we have a canoe either.

• Haha 1