Arkansas is a Must Win

ScotsAU

17 hours ago, Eagle-1 said:

Was just about to say the same thing.

It's more of a must win for Arkansas.

Lose to this dumpster fire we have, and it could be the beginning of the end for Pittman. 

I would hate to be the coach that loses to this team.  Instant hot seat.

• Like 1

I'll watch the game, but I honestly don't care what the outcome is.  My apathy has reached an all time high.  And the administration doesn't seem to want to do anything about it.  I can't understand how we don't have an AD hired yet.  Well, actually I can, JABA

On 10/26/2022 at 11:05 AM, ScotsAU said:

if we win this weekend, even with a probable loss against MSU, we still have a shot at being bowl eligible with 2 winnable home games left. We could end 6-6. 

Either way, I think Harsin is gone barring winning all the rest of our games (Bama included), which isn’t going to happen. But 6-6 looks like less of a dumpster fire, and may help the next coach recruit a little easier. 

Thoughts?

At this point, the train is off the tracks. It's not getting back on, no matter how many games we win the rest of the way. The 15 extra bowl practices are always a plus but a. I do NOT see this team getting bowl eligible and b. I don't see us having a new coaching staff in place to take advantage of them even if they do manage to make a bowl

• Like 1

On 10/26/2022 at 12:40 PM, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

You say must win like it makes any difference.

This is another lost game in a lost season where decisions have been made without actually being made.

I read a "must win" as if a win would change an outcome. It doesn't.

I'd say it's a must-win if we hope to somehow get to bowl eligibility. TAMU and WKU would be our other two potential wins to get us to 6-6. 

Now, do I think it will happen? Not really. But it's certainly in the realm of possibility. 

Yeah, I think every game for the remainder of this season is irrelevant.   

From now until Fall 2023, the only things that matter are who we hire and what happens via the portal and recruiting.  

3 hours ago, SRBautigerfan said:

I don't know if Pittman would be in the hot seat, but he would need to have a winning record next year.

What would be awesome is if we can find a way to beat TAMU and continue that nightmare for them. Our situation sucks but theirs might be worst. Jimbo's buyout is like 90 million or so right now LOL It makes you wonder if TAMU (or Auburn for that matter) have lawyers present when they sign these contracts. 90. Million. Dollars. like holy hell what idiot would agree to that? 

• Haha 1

On 10/26/2022 at 1:12 PM, auburnatl1 said:

image.gif.f27e643bd1433f778474f4a9ecafe650.gif

I've wondered how it got so bad so quick. Since beating Arkansas last year there has been little, if any positive news coming out about the football program. And there doesn't appear to be any coming anytime soon. That is, unless Auburn somehow pulls off an amazing upset. The operative word here is SOMEHOW.

On 10/26/2022 at 12:05 PM, ScotsAU said:

So, I know some folks on here aren’t big fans. But Blackerby suggested that this game is pretty much it. If we don’t win here, we likely go winless the rest of the way. I had us splitting Arky and A&M, and beating WKU. But I think he’s actually right. 

Let’s say we lose this game. 3-5

Moo State- Stacks up well against us. Linebackers have been awful this year, and they’re going to get torched on short passes. Likely a loss for us. 3-6

At this point, we’d be 3-6 with our second hardest game of the season still on our schedule. This is where we’d probably see more players throw in the towel on the season, making A&M an almost sure loss. 3-7

Now, we’re out of bowl eligibility with nothing to play for. More players quit. We have no fight left and lose to WKU. 3-8. 
Then Bama… 3-9. 

But, if we win this weekend, even with a probable loss against MSU, we still have a shot at being bowl eligible with 2 winnable home games left. We could end 6-6. 

Either way, I think Harsin is gone barring winning all the rest of our games (Bama included), which isn’t going to happen. But 6-6 looks like less of a dumpster fire, and may help the next coach recruit a little easier. 

Thoughts?

The Hogs game and the rest of the 2022 season is irrelevant at this point, except beating bammer for rival purpose. This team will NOT make a bowl, recruiting is a complete disaster, appears another flood (depth) of players hitting the portal, a coaching staff that can't coach and a head coach that I think has quit! Auburn must get the right AD in place ASAP and the right head coach to start moving forward again. Auburn can't have another year of Harsin, we are now one of the two worst teams in the SEC

• Like 1

6 hours ago, keywest said:

The Hogs game and the rest of the 2022 season is irrelevant at this point, except beating bammer for rival purpose. This team will NOT make a bowl, recruiting is a complete disaster, appears another flood (depth) of players hitting the portal, a coaching staff that can't coach and a head coach that I think has quit! Auburn must get the right AD in place ASAP and the right head coach to start moving forward again. Auburn can't have another year of Harsin, we are now one of the two worst teams in the SEC

Wins are never irrelevant for the players. I hope we win out (for the players, (not the players leaving but for now the players still working)). 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, milehighfan said:

unless Auburn somehow pulls off an amazing upset. The operative word here is SOMEHOW.

ARK is a 3.5 point favorite. This isn’t 95 Nebraska. 

if arkansas can't beat auburn  tomm   when will they ever beat them   and arky  will still get to 7-5  even if they lose tomm   

On 10/27/2022 at 10:30 AM, SRBautigerfan said:

i disagree  i have not been on here long but i have always said about arkansas that they are a 7-9 win team  and if they get a d-mac type of guy  couild win 10-11 once every 5-10 years   pittman  has us on that 7-9 win level  and once  saban retires and kriffin leaves ole miss  the west will be wide open  

• Like 1

Prior to Saturday why would anyone think we would have won this game? Hoping we get lucky? The only team we have really beat this year was Mercer. We were gifted the game against Missouri and very much struggled against San Jose St.

• Like 1