Inside Information: thread

Taker

I am starting this to ask any of our AU Insiders on the board if there is ANYTHING that you can tell us about the mass exodus that we are clearly on the brink of. Is there any hope in sight that things are about to level off or atleast fire his behind so we can salvage any part of our roster? 

Signed: Desperately needing something

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Taker said:

I am starting this to ask any of our AU Insiders on the board if there is ANYTHING that you can tell us about the mass exodus that we are clearly on the brink of. Is there any hope in sight that things are about to level off or atleast fire his behind so we can salvage any part of our roster? 

I just need more freaking info on the AD search. WTH is going on there?

Also, I officially hate Missouri's kicker. We might have been able to do it then if he had just been able to make a freaking XP equivalent.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Any info would be nice.... kinda feeling like an Israelite wondering in the wilderness searching for something that is right there 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Taker said:

Any info would be nice.... kinda feeling like an Israelite wondering in the wilderness searching for something that is right there 

We would find favor if we just cast a gold tiger.

• Haha 5

8 hours ago, AUwent said:

Also, I officially hate Missouri's kicker. We might have been able to do it then if he had just been able to make a freaking XP equivalent.

I dont think a anyone knows anything,  including the AU administration 

• Like 2

I don't think it took much foresight to realize that a coaching change in the portal era is going to be tremendously difficult to overcome for a lot of teams.

9 hours ago, Taker said:

Taker, if you are wanting inside information you will have to be a donor to have access to the Eagles Nest.  A lot of the insiders do not post on this side of the forum anymore.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Taker said:

4 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Taker, if you are wanting inside information you will have to be a donor to have access to the Eagles Nest.  A lot of the insiders do not post on this side of the forum anymore.

I'll PM ya my paypal account info, if you send enough I'll tell ya what was overheard at a business luncheon earlier.

🤪🤑

• Haha 4

• WarTiger changed the title to Inside Information: thread
17 minutes ago, Mims44 said:

I'll PM ya my paypal account info, if you send enough I'll tell ya what was overheard at a business luncheon earlier.

🤪🤑

All I have are Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans.  What is the exchange rate?

36 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

I don't think it took much foresight to realize that a coaching change in the portal era is going to be tremendously difficult to overcome for a lot of teams.

The portal sucks. I support the idea and the freedom of the players but the chaos it causes is terrible for teams.

Oh, rumors your coach might get fired? Ok well now you have 10 players leaving the team mid-season lol

Those same players can come back if they want. It's a gamble but theoretically you can just enter the portal and hang out and then try to come back with the new coach lol where the hell else can you do that in life?

• Like 2

Obviously the optics look bad but the guys that are hitting the portal have had very little playing time to this point and thanks to the transfer portal they aren't stuck somewhere they don't want to be like they were in the old days.  I hate it for them, for the team and for the fans but it is what it is.  Welcome to modern CFB.  Master the ever changing rules or get rekt and left behind.

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Hmmmm, I wondered why certain posters have gone silent?? LOL

21 minutes ago, woodford said:

The portal sucks. I support the idea and the freedom of the players but the chaos it causes is terrible for teams.

Oh, rumors your coach might get fired? Ok well now you have 10 players leaving the team mid-season lol

Those same players can come back if they want. It's a gamble but theoretically you can just enter the portal and hang out and then try to come back with the new coach lol where the hell else can you do that in life?

All those who hate the portal when everyone is exiting, are going to love the portal when a new coach comes in and pulls a bunch of good players.. The portal also goes hand in hand with NIL. So if we can get our NIL in proper shape, and get an exciting new regime, we'll be able to pull good players through the portal.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, SRBautigerfan said:

Obviously the optics look bad but the guys that are hitting the portal have had very little playing time to this point and thanks to the transfer portal they aren't stuck somewhere they don't want to be like they were in the old days.  I hate it for them, for the team and for the fans but it is what it is.  Welcome to modern CFB.  Master the ever changing rules or get rekt and left behind.

The optics look bad because the situation is objectively bad. King and Dawson not getting playing time when they (and the rest of the starters not named Ja'varrious Johnson) got benched for true freshmen who have also under-produced.

Z. Walker in a Kevin Steele defense would likely have gotten into the rotation. Diamond is buried on the depth chart, but of course he's still an underclassman so I'm not sure what greener pasture he's got his eyes on...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, AUwent said:

If it's any consolation I heard he was banned from CiCis Pizza for a month

• Haha 3

The players that entered the portal had quit on the team awhile back.  Zeke hasn’t been around since UGA.  Heard the same about Landon, and there had been rumblings for awhile that the wr wasn’t happy.  I don’t think the team is imploding like all the drama queens have been saying seeing how this has been occurring for awhile now.   

Harsin probably won’t be fired, barring the team giving up ala 2012, until a new AD is announced.  Rumors are it’s between Nunez from New Mexico and Hartwell from Utah State.  Nobody knows anything including insiders.  It’s been supposed to happen “next week” for about 3-4 weeks now.  Better to get it right than do it fast.

Drew Fabianich is running the show on the recruiting side so even with all the turmoil I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised at how that goes.  When the new coach is finally announced you could see a serious uptick in that department.  

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, gabo4au said:

All those who hate the portal when everyone is exiting, are going to love the portal when a new coach comes in and pulls a bunch of good players.. The portal also goes hand in hand with NIL. So if we can get our NIL in proper shape, and get an exciting new regime, we'll be able to pull good players through the portal.

And then other players can leave when that coach fails too. Of course, I would like better players to transfer to Auburn for the 2023 season but that doesn't make this week any easier. I'm skeptical of building a program through the portal. You can help a season, but a program is different. 

2 hours ago, autigeremt said:

I don't consider myself an "insider" just someone who has worked at Auburn going on 17 years, served on university governance (and numerous committees appointed by the president) and tries to share what I hear/know as long as it doesn't threaten my position at my beloved AU. I recently found out how some people on this campus view sharing public information. That being said.....I don't think anyone knows what's going on inside the walls of Samford Hall other than a very small handful of people. I am a proponent of Dr. Roberts, having worked with him many times over my 17-year career. He's methodical, calculated and has a high bar with expectations that mirror what we all want. 

Failures by Steven Leath continue to haunt Auburn. Academically we are in a very good place. I know we all want some solutions (I live the AU life everyday....right now it's like being lost in a forest) with the football program and I hope we get some soon but, in the meantime, we have to suck it up and drive on. There will be a new AD soon....and a new HC. Until then we have to put some faith in the "process" and hope the people in charge get it right. All I can tell you right now. 

Great Info, that atleast quenches the thirst a little knowing that something is actually happening instead of the dumpster fore we are seeing from the outside looking in 

2 hours ago, autigeremt said:

tries to share what I hear/know as long as it doesn't threaten my position at my beloved AU

Key takeaway here.  Thanks for what you can share.

• Like 4

I am fine not knowing until I know.  I just want to know now. 😊   Seriously,  I hope we are just finalizing  and not still searching for an AD.   I hope this person has an insane amount of fortitude as well, there will be an incredible amount of pressure right from the start.

13 hours ago, AUwent said:

Mizz’ kicker. Mizz’ RB. Pick your dart board.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, autigeremt said:

I don't consider myself an "insider" just someone who has worked at Auburn going on 17 years, served on university governance (and numerous committees appointed by the president) and tries to share what I hear/know as long as it doesn't threaten my position at my beloved AU. I recently found out how some people on this campus view sharing public information. That being said.....I don't think anyone knows what's going on inside the walls of Samford Hall other than a very small handful of people. I am a proponent of Dr. Roberts, having worked with him many times over my 17-year career. He's methodical, calculated and has a high bar with expectations that mirror what we all want. 

Failures by Steven Leath continue to haunt Auburn. Academically we are in a very good place. I know we all want some solutions (I live the AU life everyday....right now it's like being lost in a forest) with the football program and I hope we get some soon but, in the meantime, we have to suck it up and drive on. There will be a new AD soon....and a new HC. Until then we have to put some faith in the "process" and hope the people in charge get it right. All I can tell you right now. 

Thanks for your insight 🐅