Inside Information: thread

Taker

7 hours ago, gabo4au said:

All those who hate the portal when everyone is exiting, are going to love the portal when a new coach comes in and pulls a bunch of good players.. The portal also goes hand in hand with NIL. So if we can get our NIL in proper shape, and get an exciting new regime, we'll be able to pull good players through the portal.

This my friends.  The guys in the portal are not game changers.  They are a dime a dozen.  We will get these guys back, or we will get some people just as good if not better. 

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Auburn93 said:

This my friends.  The guys in the portal are not game changers.  They are a dime a dozen.  We will get these guys back, or we will get some people just as good if not better. 

True, but it’s usually cheaper to keep the ones you got.  Easiest player to recruit is the one already on your team.  We’re also in a talent deficit, so instead of making headway, we’re digging a deeper hole and adding more work/$ to our efforts. And then there’s all of the other considerations…h.s. coaches that are pissed off their boys were given a bad deal, a 5 star recruit sibling of one of the guys kicked off probably won’t consider us now…

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

True, but it’s usually cheaper to keep the ones you got.  Easiest player to recruit is the one already on your team.  We’re also in a talent deficit, so instead of making headway, we’re digging a deeper hole and adding more work/$ to our efforts. And then there’s all of the other considerations…h.s. coaches that are pissed off their boys were given a bad deal, a 5 star recruit sibling of one of the guys kicked off probably won’t consider us now…

It's hard to get people to see the big picture

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Taker said:

I am starting this to ask any of our AU Insiders on the board if there is ANYTHING that you can tell us about the mass exodus that we are clearly on the brink of. Is there any hope in sight that things are about to level off or atleast fire his behind so we can salvage any part of our roster? 

Signed: Desperately needing something

Pay your support fee.😎

4 hours ago, Auburn93 said:

This my friends.  The guys in the portal are not game changers.  They are a dime a dozen.  

Actually, this is not entirely accurate.  Plenty of game changers transferred via the portal. 

Here is an article that lists a bunch of game changers via the portal. 

https://theathletic.com/3540066/2022/08/26/college-football-transfer-portal-top-100-ranking-2022s-most-impactful-newcomers/

1 minute ago, AUwent said:

Can we expect to get any sort of update on the AD search soon?

No - we underling supporters of this school will be left to suffer through the remainder of this season with no good news.  No AD, No Coach that gives an ish, no recruiting, no hope.

not a prediction, just how it’s felt the last few weeks🤣

1 minute ago, NWALA Tiger said:

It's all on the eagle nest per abw

I do hope some stuff eventually finds its way over the premium wall. Because before this past week, there was info. But since last Friday it's been dead silent.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, AUwent said:

I do hope some stuff eventually finds its way over the premium wall. Because before this past week, there was info. But since last Friday it's been dead silent.

Prob cause stuff was predicted to happen last Friday and didn't come to fruition 

10 minutes ago, AUwent said:

image.gif.ea3f26c99df7383b38d18d49549f1a9e.gif

• Haha 2

Barstool Auburn claims that we're getting the Clanga AD. I have no idea if this is true.

Edited by AUwent

1 hour ago, AUwent said:

Barstool Auburn claims that we're getting the Clanga AD. I have no idea if this is true.

Fight my ignorance: Who is this? "Clanga AD."

1 hour ago, AUwent said:

I just don’t understand that move at all. 

Dan Peck made a great point on The Drive this afternoon. The SEC and Big 10 tv deals have put those two conferences in the elite of college football, by themselves. The AD’s in those conferences will reap benefits that make being an AD in said conferences extremely advantageous. And between the two conferences you have about 30 schools.

That means that Auburn, being one of the big 6 in the SEC has a massive opportunity to go out and hire some of the best people available. Why tf would you settle for Cohen? If this happens, I think I’ll basically be convinced that Auburn University is run by a bunch of people who just don’t have the intelligence to put us in an opportunity to be a big time competitor.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Dan Peck made a great point on The Drive this afternoon. The SEC and Big 10 tv deals have put those two conferences in the elite of college football, by themselves. The AD’s in those conferences will reap benefits that make being an AD in said conferences extremely advantageous. And between the two conferences you have about 30 schools.

That means that Auburn, being one of the big 6 in the SEC has a massive opportunity to go out and hire some of the best people available. Why tf would you settle for Cohen? If this happens, I think I’ll basically be convinced that Auburn University is run by a bunch of people who just don’t have the intelligence to put us in an opportunity to be a big time competitor.

We seem to be a big time competitor in basketball and baseball. 🤷‍♂️

Oh and @Mikey: "Clanga" for the cowbells. Sorry lol.

I have no idea what's true here.

Edited by AUwent
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, AUwent said:

Can we expect to get any sort of update on the AD search soon?

Hartwell is supposed to be in town this weekend. I asked, what took so long. I was told they don’t know for sure but I guess Utah State had some legal things going on to where he couldn’t leave? Again, no idea, just telling you what I was told.

• Like 3

John Cohen is the guy's name. Was an interim baseball coach at Mississippi State, promoted to AD. Allegedly they are trying to force him out and he reached out to AU. Hartwell may be in town this weekend. TOS reporting that its between Rich, Hartwell and Cohen. 

As for the portal departures, more will be coming. TOS saying that it's younger players. The issue with Harsin departure timing has to do with the portal. These players are announcing their intention of going into the portal. If Harsin is dumped now, players can enter the portal for the following 30 days and be contacted by schools directly during that time. Our hope is that the AD and subsequently the coach is in place once they are ready to part with Harsin to minimize the portal exposure.

• Like 2

On 10/27/2022 at 4:48 PM, Auburn93 said:

Yes the portal goes both ways. But, respectfully, I’m not sure I’d call players that chose to leave a dime a dozen.  We recruited them, they’re choosing to leave, and that’s life.  It still sucks.

18 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Hartwell is supposed to be in town this weekend. I asked, what took so long. I was told they don’t know for sure but I guess Utah State had some legal things going on to where he couldn’t leave? Again, no idea, just telling you what I was told.

Well, hopefully that's all solved now!

• Like 1

If Hartwell is in town and it is rumored that he is and we have been told a few times that we will know early next week, then I am going out on the proverbial limb and say it is probably Hartwell.   That is the logical assumption but who knows?

Was told Cohen is legit getting pushed out the door at MSU and if he somehow were to be, Roberts wouldn't be president long. He won't be our AD, 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Oh look another bad name being pushed out as a rumored candidate so the one everybody has been saying looks very good.  🤔

Edited by autiger88
  • Facepalm 1