Inside Information: thread

Taker

26 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

Oh look another bad name being pushed out as a rumored candidate so the one everybody has been saying looks very good.  🤔

Why do you think Hartwell won't be good?

22 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Why do you think Hartwell won't be good?

I didn't say he wouldn't  just said Cohen makes him look really good if you compare the two lol.

Edited by autiger88
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

I didn't say he wouldn't  just said Cohen makes him look really good if you compare the two lol.

Gotcha, I misinterpreted it.

Who would you say would make Hartwell look unimpressive?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

What’s the legal stuff Hartwell has been dealing with? And how does that affect Auburn?

Nothing that involves him. He is clear of any wrong doing.

• Like 2

I am so confused with Auburn. Cohen , is another name I am not familiar with , but based on what I read, MSU has had the most successful period of sports across the board including CWS national championship with him leading. He went out of his way to get Leach to state ( outside of the box thinking). He was a previous athlete and he has SEC experience. I can’t speak to these penny pinching allegations but it sounds like he is having more trouble with buy in from Mississippi state , not the other way around. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Nothing that involves him. He is clear of any wrong doing.

Did it happen under his watch ?

19 minutes ago, DAG said:

Did it happen under his watch ?

Is it the thing I read about where the President of Utah State made some comments about diversity while on a zoom meeting with football players? The comments she made were misconstrued by the players. They had an interim coach and the president was asking players what they thought of him and if he would continue their (the university) efforts for diversity. My daughter lived in Logan and not is NOT a diverse community. 95% LDS.  I read an article that didn’t explain it very well.  But Hartwell was in that zoom meeting as well.  This was last year, I think.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Is it the thing I read about where the President of Utah State made some comments about diversity while on a zoom meeting with football players? The comments she made were misconstrued by the players. They had an interim coach and the president was asking players what they thought of him and if he would continue their (the university) efforts for diversity. My daughter lived in Logan and not is NOT a diverse community. 95% LDS.  I read an article that didn’t explain it very well.  But Hartwell was in that zoom meeting as well.  This was last year, I think.  

Yeah I am confused what is occurring here as well. 

2 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

I thought it was about the sex scandal?

Yeah there are a lot of things going on here. Lol. I am going to see what I can find . 

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

Yeah there are a lot of things going on here. Lol. I am going to see what I can find . 

I've been looking as well Google hasn't  given me much.

Edited by autiger88

There is a former football player suing the school because he recorded the HC and police chief making derogatory comments about sexual assault victims. Once he shared the recordings, he felt he was bullied off the team. It would seem Hartwell is tangential to the process due to his position as AD, not because he was directly involved. 

Edited by WarrrEagleHey
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, WarrrEagleHey said:

There is a former football player suing the school because he recorded the HC and police chief making derogatory comments about sexual assault victims. Once he shared the recordings, he felt he was bullied off the team. It would seem Hartwell is tangential to the process due to his position as AD, not because he was directly involved. 

Did he know about it though?

15 minutes ago, WarrrEagleHey said:

The article I read didn't even mention his name. It appeared to be a toxic situation fostered by the head coach, who was removed. 

That might have been the same one I read then was curious. Thanks for the response. 

Edited by autiger88
  • Like 1

All I know is the article I read regarding the comments about diversity made by the president.  When speaking of diversity, she was commenting on religious diversity and having more than just LDS players on the team, and if the non-LDS players would be treated fairly by the interim coach if he were to become head coach.  I can tell you that, if you are not LDS, you are discriminated against in that town.  My college educated daughter could not find a job for 2 years while she was there. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DAG said:

I am so confused with Auburn. Cohen , is another name I am not familiar with , but based on what I read, MSU has had the most successful period of sports across the board including CWS national championship with him leading. He went out of his way to get Leach to state ( outside of the box thinking). He was a previous athlete and he has SEC experience. I can’t speak to these penny pinching allegations but it sounds like he is having more trouble with buy in from Mississippi state , not the other way around. 

Yeah MSU athletics seem to be doing well, so I'm confused as to why they want him out. I'm sure there's nuance at play of course.

• Facepalm 1

7 hours ago, bigbird said:

Cohen is legit getting pushed out the door at MSU and if he somehow were to be, Roberts wouldn't be president long. He won't be our AD, 

I hope you're right and Pete Thamel is wrong (knowing history, that's probably the case!).

yeah, Thamel just put out an article on ESPN that we are in discussions with Cohen to make him our next A.D.

8 hours ago, bigbird said:

Cohen is legit getting pushed out the door at MSU and if he somehow were to be, Roberts wouldn't be president long. He won't be our AD, 

Just got a text from a couple that are just as surprised.

"Things have changed quickly.  Keep an eye out on Cohen. "

• Sad 1

Does anyone know why state fans want this guy gone? They seem very happy about this news, which makes me feel we're entering... The JABA Zone. 

• Like 1